Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Star Wars Spoiler Thread SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Sturgeon

eh, the new comics from Marvel look boring as shit, not that the late Dark Horse material was any better but atleast in their heyday they tried to do something more with the EU than try to retell the the three movies 40 times

as for you guys not liking the EU, you just havent spent enough sleepness nights on black and white star destroyer.net boards debating the lenth of the Executor class 

ps: 17.6 km long

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html

If the star destroyer length is accepted as 1.6km then the Executor's length is given by the length ratios between the two ships. Observations from scenes in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi where one ship occludes another constrain the length ratio to be within the range of 11.0 to 12.0, corresponding to an absolute range of 17.6km to 19.2km. Measurements based on the collision between Executor and Death Star II are inconclusive, because the curvature of the battle station's horizon cannot be measured with sufficient precision. A chain of geometric reasoning involving two independent Executor broadside views and the size of the sensor globes indicates lower limits of 16.2km and 18.1km. The conventions of the construction of warship models indicate a length of close to 17.2km. Direct measurements of the Executor model using the standard KDY command tower as a yardstick indicate a length of 17.6±0.2km, which is consistent with the photogrammetric methods and other approaches. I conclude that Executor-class command ships are somewhere between 17.4km and 17.9km long; and certainly much more than the mere 8km claimed by some Roleplaying Game sources.

Another reason for loathing of the EU and the neckbeards who adore them is how they water down the original series.

Relevant. 

Take the Kessel Run and how the smuggler Han Solo bragged about the Millenium Falcon doing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.

For fucking years, autistic pedants have been nattering about how Lucas got it wrong because "Parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Herr, herr, herr, fap, fap, fap"

Fuck you. FUCK YOU!!!

No cock wipes. Understand fucking subtle context. 

When Han Solo is bragging about his ship doing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, it is because he is trying to rook what he thinks are a couple of hick rubes by spewing technical mumbo jumbo at them. Look at the reaction of Alec Guinness' face. Look at it!!! It's especially telling since Han Solo is in fact himself kind of an idiot who doesn't even know how to fix his own ship and whose only way to solve problems is to blast things.

And it's why we loved him. And a few seconds later, he out-and-out guns down Greedo who has a gun in his face with zero remorse and without playing fair.

But no, because of autistic Star Wars geeks who must have flat, vanilla two-dimensional characters spoon fed to them like Aunt Beru's secret Blue Milk tapioca pudding, we get a movie series that is routinely dumbed down so the lowest common denominator can keep up.

Another reason for loathing of the EU and the neckbeards who adore them is how they water down the original series and the 

Relevant. 

Take the Kessel Run and how the smuggler Han Solo bragged about the Millenium Falcon doing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.

For fucking years, autistic pedants have been nattering about how Lucas got it wrong because "Parsec is a unit of distance and night time. Herr, herr, herr, fap, fap, fap"

Fuck you. FUCK YOU!!!

No cock wipes. Understand fucking subtle context. 

When Han Solo is bragging about his ship doing the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, it is because he is trying to rook what he thinks are a couple of hick rubes by spewing technical mumbo jumbo at them. Look at the reaction of Alec Guinness' face. Look at it!!! It's especially telling since Han Solo is in fact himself kind of an idiot who doesn't even know how to fix his own ship and whose only way to solve problems is to blast things.

And it's why we loved him. And a few seconds later, he out-and-out guns down Greedo who has a gun in his face with zero remorse and without playing fair.

But no, because of autistic Star Wars geeks who must have flat, vanilla two-dimensional characters spoon fed to them like Aunt Beru's secret Blue Milk tapioca pudding, we get a movie series that is routinely dumbed down so the lowest common denominator can keep up.

i bet you dont even know that Kessel is a super duper spice prison hive planet guarded by a fleet of Star Destroyers where Typer Zhan himself (which is actually named after Timothy Zhan famous EU writer), the infamous Crime lord led a prison uprising, and then there were a bunch of space battles pew pew pew and it got its own map in the Forces of Corruption expansion pack pew pew pew to the Star wars Empire at War real time stragegy game pew pew pew and controling that planet gives you a 50% bounus to credit income but you can only pew pew pew build up to tier 2 ground bases and tier 3 space stations pew pew pew 

LsTezwj.jpg

Shame the ground battles in Empire at War sucked so much, I liked the space battles.

the mods helped, but ya, they sucked big time 

good thing Kessel was pretty easy to defend if you could get enough infantry out quickly 

Then the Eclipse is shorter than is stated there, the Executor as seen in the movies can be clearly measured to be 17.6 km, and direct visual evidence from the movies trumps all.

The Eclipse was designed and has always been shown as 17.5. And also, the official canon states it as 19km, as well as Legends. 

Alternatively, the Executor is 19 km long and Imperial-class Star Destroyers are 1.73 km long rather than 1.6. But based on direct visual evidence, we know that the Executor is 11 times longer than an ISD.

Then the Eclipse is shorter than is stated there, the Executor as seen in the movies can be clearly measured to be 17.6 km, and direct visual evidence from the movies trumps all.

The Eclipse was designed and has always been shown as 17.5. And also, the official canon states it as 19km, as well as Legends. 

The Executor is significantly longer than the Eclipse. If the Eclipse is 17.5km, how would the Executor be the same?

2Lj2774.jpg

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MOCK EU DOWNARD? 

the mods helped, but ya, they sucked big time 

good thing Kessel was pretty easy to defend if you could get enough infantry out quickly 

That game became really unfair once you had a level 5 space station along with gravity wells and defense satellites, you flat out couldn't lose on the defense.

That game became really unfair once you had a level 5 space station along with gravity wells and defense satellites, you flat out couldn't lose on the defense.

regardless the AI was so trash that it turned into one big trudge eventually.

i bet you dont even know that Kessel is a super duper spice prison hive planet guarded by a fleet of Star Destroyers where Typer Zhan himself (which is actually named after Timothy Zhan famous EU writer), the infamous Crime lord led a prison uprising, and then there were a bunch of space battles pew pew pew and it got its own map in the Forces of Corruption expansion pack pew pew pew to the Star wars Empire at War real time stragegy game pew pew pew and controling that planet gives you a 50% bounus to credit income but you can only pew pew pew build up to tier 2 ground bases and tier 3 space stations pew pew pew 

LsTezwj.jpg

I do realize that rather than simply coming out and saying Han Solo made a character error which was intentional with the muck up actually making sense i the context of the scene and who the characters are Lucas instead made up a bunch of mumbo jumbo to placate nerds and to profit off of their stupidity.

Assuming this is the text from the actual script of the movie...

INT. TATOOINE - MOS EISLEY - CANTINA

Strange creatures play exotic big band music on odd-looking

instruments as Luke, still giddy, downs a fresh drink and

follows Ben and Chewbacca to a booth where Han Solo is

sitting. Han is a tough, roguish starpilot about thirty years

old. A mercenary on a starship, he is simple, sentimental,

and cocksure.

HAN

Han Solo. I'm captain of the

Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells

me you're looking for passage to the

Alderaan system.

BEN

Yes, indeed. If it's a fast ship.

HAN

Fast ship? You've never heard of the

Millennium Falcon?

BEN

Should I have?

HAN

It's the ship that made the Kessel

run in less than twelve parsecs!

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with

obvious misinformation.

The rebel raid mechanic was annoying as hell too, every five minutes you'd have to waste ten minutes defending a planet from a handful of rebels

those fuckers could do alot of damage with a hero and a T2-B spam, if your turrent game wasnt on point 

I do realize that rather than simply coming out and saying Han Solo made a character error which was intentional with the muck up actually making sense i the context of the scene and who the characters are Lucas instead made up a bunch of mumbo jumbo to placate nerds and to profit off of their stupidity.

Assuming this is the text from the actual script of the movie...

INT. TATOOINE - MOS EISLEY - CANTINA

Strange creatures play exotic big band music on odd-looking

instruments as Luke, still giddy, downs a fresh drink and

follows Ben and Chewbacca to a booth where Han Solo is

sitting. Han is a tough, roguish starpilot about thirty years

old. A mercenary on a starship, he is simple, sentimental,

and cocksure.

HAN

Han Solo. I'm captain of the

Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells

me you're looking for passage to the

Alderaan system.

BEN

Yes, indeed. If it's a fast ship.

HAN

Fast ship? You've never heard of the

Millennium Falcon?

BEN

Should I have?

HAN

It's the ship that made the Kessel

run in less than twelve parsecs!

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with

obvious misinformation.

oh thats cool i guess

i suppose he didnt have time to mention the super duper kessel spice mines

that were actually used by the Empire, thousands of years ago as a R&R facility, i hope thats mentioned in the novelization 

4DdiWxh.jpg

or maybe the Rogue Squadron's epic video game space battles over Kessel, as mentioned in the Jump to lightspeed expansion for the Massive Multiplayer Game Star Wars Galaxies or the Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade squadron action adventure game for the Sony PlayStation Portable mobile console

r40Zwev.jpg

The Kessel spice mines are kosher and are mentioned twice in the script.

INT. REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER

Threepio stands in a hallway, somewhat bewildered. Artoo is
nowhere in sight. The pitiful screams of the doomed Rebel
soldiers can be heard in the distance.

THREEPIO
Artoo! Artoo-Detoo, where are you?

A familiar clanking sound attacks Threepio's attention and
he spots little Artoo at the end of the hallway in a smoke-
filled alcove. A beautiful young girl (about sixteen years
old) stands in front of Artoo. Surreal and out of place,
dreamlike and half hidden in the smoke, she finishes adjusting
something on Artoo's computer face, then watches as the little
robot joins his companion.

THREEPIO
At last! Where have you been?

Stormtroopers can be heard battling in the distance.

THREEPIO
They're heading in this direction.
What are we going to do? We'll be
sent to the spice mine of Kessel or
smashed into who knows what!

Artoo scoots past his bronze friend and races down the
subhallway. Threepio chases after him.

THREEPIO
Wait a minute, where are you going?

Artoo responds with electronic beeps.