Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Japan Pays Korea Reparations For "Comfort Women"

Sturgeon

• 1 month later...

The comfort women issue is an extraordinarily complex issue mixed up with deep emotions and politicization. It is a very tiresome issue.

Here is a post I made about the comfort women and it's gonna put me under some heat since I generally side with Japan. The the post linked below is very long however it is still far from including everything to say about the comfort women issue. And ultimately, there's nothing that can be done if the deep down bottom gut emotions is left to decide a judgement.

My ideas about the issue have matured some more since making this post below, but it still has a lot of information that will be necessary for one to familiarize oneself with before being able to debate for either position.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/427963-deliciousmulnaengmyeon-personal-post/page__st__20__pid__8713650#entry8713650

Several months after this, I had a heated discussion about it with Daigensui in the T110 thread. The tolerance of the thread was reaching it's limit but it's probably no surprise that we didn't persuade each other over to the other's opinion.

In fairness to Dai, since she can't post here, one book I mentioned by Sarah Soh, Dai later called the book in the T110 discussion "sensationalism" or something to that effect. In short, she disagrees with it.

I feel compel to post this. If I'm going to post about all the new military toys Japan is getting, then I'll have to go through this topic as well, sort of as a complete package.

Ultimately, I think the controversial deal that South Korea and Japan reached was because of some serious pressure coming onto the Park administration. One factor is that the US wants both Japan and South Korea to cooperate with each other on defense. Another factor is that South Korea is getting left out of TPP negotiations. It is being predicted that if South Korea is left out, they will face a disadvantage economically. Giving that South Korean economic growth is already slowing down, a negative effect because of not being part of TPP would hurt them more. In short, good relations with Japan will be necessary for South Korea to join TPP. Of course TPP still has a lot of hurdles to go through, it's a whole other topic.

Anyway, the link above.. to just get things started, if y'all dare to dig into this issue.

Mass media never talks about the issue entirely like it doesn't with many things.

Mass, like the mass murder of Chinese those Tojo sucking fuckers did to the Chinese?

fuck those people, and i use the term people lightly. 

Mass, like the mass murder of Chinese those Tojo sucking fuckers did to the Chinese?

fuck those people, and i use the term people lightly.

Of course Japan did many horrible acts in their war of aggression which includes massacres, rape, Unit 731, and the comfort women system, forced conscription, and worked to death projects.

The percentage of population that fill the denier camp is not the majority. Most do recognize that this events have happened. Of this group is further divisions of opinion. Those that, if we take the Nanking Massacre, believe that about 200,000 were massacred, which is closer to PRC statements of 300,000 massacred. Then there are those that think the amount massacred was more like 50,000. Then of course there are those that don't have much of an opinion in any way.

Here's the thing that complicates it in regards to China. The current government is the CCP. They are not the government that suffered from the Nanking massacre. That was the nationalists government which currently resides in Taiwan. Look at Taiwan today. They are a democracy and they have good relations with Japan. So that means the CCP can't really hold Japan to much in war crimes. In fact during Mao's reign, he kept the Nanking Massacre a secret because it could legitamize the RoC in Taiwan.

Now with the government to the side, just straight up to Chinese people, Japan has a heavy history to recognize. It is up to individual to individual, the historians, companies, etc. Here's an example of Mitsubishi providing compensation and apology to forced Chinese laborers.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/07/24/national/history/mitsubishi-materials-apologize-settle-3765-chinese-wwii-forced-labor-redress-claims/

like the Koreans had a choice

i mean do i doubt that their werent many Ukrainian, Polish, Belarusian, and even Russians that helped betray their countrymen, no

but that dosent excuse the crimes because some were complicit. And i blame the Nazi's as much as the sympatheises

same stands for those yellow belly bastards from that poor excuse of a island 

Keep in mind that Soukou's position is not that comfort women were not an abuse, but that Koreans and their local government were substantially complicit in accommodating the Japanese.

They were abused. Well it was a mixed bag. Most were recruited with lies, giving the impression that they were going to work at a factory or something, and upon arrival, it ended being a comfort women station.

There's definitely bad in this that I don't disagree. But the demands for apologies exceeds what is necessary. That's where I start to side with Japan. Compensation money is not sufficient in their view. They want a public apology by the prime minister and they want legal action against the Japanese government. No idea what kind of legal result their looking for but legal action is what they called for. In comparison to all other imperial powers, this is unreasonable in my opinion.

The percentage of population that fill the denier camp is not the majority. Most do recognize that this events have happened. Of this group is further divisions of opinion. Those that, if we take the Nanking Massacre, believe that about 200,000 were massacred, which is closer to PRC statements of 300,000 massacred. Then there are those that think the amount massacred was more like 50,000. Then of course there are those that don't have much of an opinion in any way.

They were abused. Well it was a mixed bag. Most were recruited with lies, giving the impression that they were going to work at a factory or something, and upon arrival, it ended being a comfort women station.

There's definitely bad in this that I don't disagree. But the demands for apologies exceeds what is necessary. That's where I start to side with Japan. Compensation money is not sufficient in their view. They want a public apology by the prime minister and they want legal action against the Japanese government. No idea what kind of legal result their looking for but legal action is what they called for. In comparison to all other imperial powers, this is unreasonable in my opinion.

oh bo fucking ho

some Jap suit has to say some words of apologee on TV and pay alittle money which his country has in droves after the US bankrolled their entire island to get the Jap's minds off of raping and pillaging, which is all those monkey people think about naturally 

like the Koreans had a choice

i mean do i doubt that their werent many Ukrainian, Polish, Belarusian, and even Russians that helped betray their countrymen, no

but that dosent excuse the crimes because some were complicit. And i blame the Nazi's as much as the sympatheises

same stands for those yellow belly bastards from that poor excuse of a island

What about the Americans and native Americans? The Turks and the Armenians, The Soviet Union and the Ukrainians, The Germans and the Jews, the British and Malaysia, Boer War, Kenya, etc, the Belgiums and the Congo? Bottom line is that is an awful lot of unbelievable god awful stuff that has happened. To single out Japan is totally unfair.

What about the Americans and native Americans? The Turks and the Armenians, The Soviet Union and the Ukrainians, The Germans and the Jews, the British and Malaysia, Boer War, Kenya, etc, the Belgiums and the Congo? Bottom line is that is an awful lot of unbelievable god awful stuff that has happened. To single out Japan is totally unfair.

Fuck you, you should of won the war then you miserable yellow bastard

The starvation during the the 30s affected all Soviet Peoples, not just the Ukrainians. 

Holodomer is a Nazi myth, im not surprised that a Jap apolgist comes to this forum to parrot it 

As a Malaysian, I am unaware of any massacres/mass murders conducted by the British in Malaya that numbered in the hundreds, let alone tens of thousands

its slanderous lies propagated by the Japanese, anyone with an elementary understanding of the Pacific theater will notice that 

Well, when I was back in Malaysia in December, they were airing documentaries about the Fall of Penang (where I was born) in 1941. The old Penangites don't remember the British cruelty, but they sure do remember the Japanese. My late grandmother, who passed away in January, was one of them.

I bear no grudge at all towards the Japanese, but let's not be intellectually dishonest in claiming the British occupation of Malaya was anywhere near as cruel as the Japanese were anywhere, especially in China itself.

1430400293_willy.jpgAs a Malaysian, I am unaware of any massacres/mass murders conducted by the British in Malaya that numbered in the hundreds, let alone tens of thousands

This picture was an apology to the Jews. The Japanese did not do what the Nazis did. 5-6 million Jews massacred simply because of being Jewish is a whole different league of evilness. That is genocide.

Imperial Japan conducted massacres where the majority were of fighting capable men. It's bad, it's terrible, but it was part of the process of establishing control. Imperial Japan was a colonial power. Koreans, Taiwanese, Chinese, were all fitted in the Imperial Japanese machine. The Jews? Automatic death every single man, woman, child, elderly, because of their Jewsih blood. The Germans did much worse than the Japanese. That's why the Germans had to apologize as they did. People think that just because both countries were of the axis that Japan should apologize at equal level which is a gross simplification.

This picture was an apology to the Jews. The Japanese did not do what the Nazis did. 5-6 million Jews massacred simply because of being Jewish is a whole different league of evilness. That is genocide.

Imperial Japan conducted massacres where the majority were of fighting capable men. It's bad, it's terrible, but it was part of the process of establishing control. Imperial Japan was a colonial power. Koreans, Taiwanese, Chinese, were all fitted in the Imperial Japanese machine. The Jews? Automatic death every single man, woman, child, elderly, because of their Jewsih blood. The Germans did much worse than the Japanese. That's why the Germans had to apologize as they did. People think that just because both countries were of the axis that Japan should apologize at equal level which is a gross simplification.

oh ya, im sure alot of big bad Chinese women and children had to be shot and raped to death to establish control

You are seriously comparing the Malayan Emergency with the Japanese occupation of China? Really?

The Japanese very much saw the Chinese as an inferior race, as much as the Germans saw the Jews and the Slavs as inferior too. This is readily apparent from interviews with former soldiers, and was admitted by them. I'll have to go back to Malaysia to get my World War II book, but I remember a Japanese soldier recalling that they were told "bullets and bayonets were too good for the Chinese, use stones". There is a photo of Japanese soldiers bayonetting a Chinese baby

r7G4ejB.jpg

This is not 'part of the process of establishing control'. This is called total contempt for the people being subjugated.