Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Panem et Circenses Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Today at work I was told that I should be a Patriots fan since I grew up in South Jersey and they're the logical team for people in New Jersey to be fans of.

After I told him that Philadelphia and New York exist, he told me that everyone in New Jersey should be Giants/Jets fans because they are "actually New Jersey teams".

Also the Patriots are not actually connected with Boston in any way because they are the New England Patriots.

bdcb56d68216f3f005166e12b20677c3bf67a2f6

(also baseball isn't a real sport because there aren't salary caps)

(and NFL championships before the super bowl aren't valid)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Donward said:

Didn't catch the game but it looks like James Paxton threw a No-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/86186/real-or-not-no-hitter-the-latest-feat-in-james-paxtons-rise

@Belesarius

I guess you can take solace in the fact that Paxton is a Canuckistani.

Yeah, by all account the guy threw one hell of a game.

I am skeptical of the sourcing but the story is too good not to repeat.

http://dailysnark.com/ichiro-after-getting-text-from-tom-brady-who-the-fck-is-tom-brady/

One morning in spring training, 2017, he was in the coaches’ room looking at his cell phone text messages. Ichiro told the coaches about one message he had just received from a number he didn’t recognize. The guy said he’d gotten Ichiro’s number from Alex Rodriguez, and that he wanted to come meet him and study his stretching system.

“What’s the guy’s name?” asked one of the coaches.

Ichiro strolled to the end of the text. “Some guy named Tom Brady. Who the f— is Tom Brady?”

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, T___A said:

Story isn't centered around an Alt-Hist of the 116-win Seattle Mariners in 2001 defeating the Tino Martinez-led New York Yankees in the ALCS, before going on to take revenge against the Randy Johnson-led Arizona Diamondbacks in the World Series which would have been the only logical reason for a nuclear war.

0/10 Would not wallow in a 16-year playoff drought again.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xlucine said:

Disappointed that we've lost the chance for england vs russia at the world cup, that would have been a fun game

INB4 it will be Belgium vs Croatia for the final^^

Though a France-England final should be fun as well.

Anyway this WC have been hilarious for someone like me who don't really watch football.

Italian tears from not even getting in

German tears from getting kicked out so early

Brazil eliminated by Belgium

France losing to Belgium and the UK being eliminated against Croatia after all this #it'scominghome flood on facebook would be icing on the cake xD

• 2 weeks later...

Number of incidents (Nation wide) following the national fest and the WC final have been published by the ministry of the Interior:

845 cars burned, 508 arrests compared to last year with 897 cars burned and 368 arrests.

(Plus an unconfirmed number of accidental death, and broken showcases).

Love how the spoke person for the ministry flatly comment on that:

"No major incident to deplore"

Yeah, it was alright ^^

• 1 month later...