Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Panem et Circenses Thread

Again, that Harry Nielson song is what makes it for that ad. Now, I'm not sure why Heinz feels the need to advertise because, it's fucking Ketchup. Who DOESN'T buy Heinz ketchup? Is there such a thing? Yeah, sure, there's Hunt's ketchup but it sucks. And there's the generic stuff for five cents less which is really just Heinz but with an off-brand name. Is there some other brand of ketchup which is cutting into the Heinz profit margin? 

My best bet is people who go to the store and grap the first red bottle they see that says ketchup

advertising, espically in this case for a food, is much more about advertising an experience than the product itself, in this case the experience of seeing it on a superbowl commercial

hell i saw this add on 4chan not 2 days before i bought 2 big macs at 3 A M

APAtNrJ.jpg

now, its alot more likely that i was stoned a day before and had a big mac and remember it being really good and wanted to repeat the experience

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Russian Football's best players are American rejects. Russia probably has a good talent pool, but Football is an expensive sport to play without built-in football institutions. Hopefully the NFL can use its revenue, which is about the same as the Bahamas' GDP, to fund football overseas. 

Russian Football's best players are American rejects. Russia probably has a good talent pool, but Football is an expensive sport to play without built-in football institutions. Hopefully the NFL can use its revenue, which is about the same as the Bahamas' GDP, to fund football overseas. 

The NFL intends to have a franchise in London in 2022 so who knows what will happen then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess some news happened in the NBA today. But since I've been boycotting professional basketball now for eight straight seasons, after the Seattle SuperSonics were stolen, I wouldn't know. 

It is well the SuperSonics were murdered for you do not want to see what atrocities they would've commit to their uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...