Sturgeon's House

Hieronymus Bosch Appreciation Zone

Hieronymus Bosch was a Dutch painter of the later Renaissance Period. Much of his artwork (like a signficiant proportion of Renaissance Art) dealt with religious themes. However, his style was somewhat different from his contemporaries.

1280px-The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_by

Bosch_laatste_oordeel_drieluik_wenen.jpg

This thread is for discussion of Bosch's art, and the subjects it covers.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sturgeon
      Memo Kosemen is a Turkish paleoartist, speczoo creative artist, and professional Weird Guy of Geigerian proportions, who is also known as nemo-ramjet online.. This thread is for appreciation of his mad, phallus-obsessed genius. First, we'll start with this excellent Facebook post:

• By LoooSeR
      This is thread were we can share pictures of things that don't exist, things from other worlds, imagination-gone-wild-stuff. Although, less animea, tovarishchi.

Something like this:

• By Sturgeon
      This may be a morbid way to start the thread off, but I found this not-quite-anatomically-correct statue of Death to be pretty haunting.

It is on display at the Louvre:

I won't veto the inclusion of postmodern art in this thread. Hell, if you can make me appreciate that genre, then more power to you.
    • By Valk
      Hello, I've been referred here by Tied. I'm told there are some here who would be interested in some signatures.

A few examples:

Of course, any signatures (or other miscellaneous stuff, as I can actually make decent art) you all may ask for don't have to be in this format or size. The reason every single one of these is that specific shape is because the forum they are originally from has a very pissy policy that doesn't allow signatures to broach 100px (these sigs plus a line of text is about that number). I don't know if there's rules about how absurdly massive your signatures can be here (I looked, but I'm afraid I can't find any; though that is likely due to my own stupidity), but you can request different sizes or even shapes and themes as long as a mod doesn't tell you it's a Bad Idea™.