Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

How the hell did the mythical P-38k with 2100HP V1710-75 motors and padel blades, make it into the game I didn't hear about it?? This was the super P-38 that the War production board wouldn't let Lockheed build, since it would have delayed production slightly for the retooled cowls.  The  thing was supposed to be a monster. I loves it!

shot-2017.12.29-20.51.21-1600x900.jpg

yeah I looked it up, it went on sale once before on Christmas of 2015.  I'm glad I noticed it was around this year, cause it's a cool ass plane, one of WWII wonder weapons that almost was. 

One day I hope to get the M4A2 captured by Germany premium, but that put up a limited number not to long ago and it sold out in under an hour. 

I've read that APCBC and some other solid shot round was buffed, I can really tell.  Been playing Brits 5.3 tanks now that I got the AC IV, reliably 1 shotting most tanks with the 17pdr using APCBC.  Last battle, I one shotted 7 tanks in my firefly of the 9 tanks I shot.  The others were a M10 that I killed 4/5 crew in and a churchill VII that I barely hit in the first place.

Usually when something screwy happens with WT hit detection, it annoys me a little but ultimately doesn't bother me much.  Just had all three bombs  on my stalinbolt hit enemy ships, yet not register as actually hitting them.  Does this look like a bomb that will miss the ship to you?

PUbONHv.jpg

Spoiler

Of course it'd miss, this bomb certainly fell in the water!  Working as intended)))))

4o2aZZw.jpg

Now will this miss too?

9VU6FsJ.jpg

Spoiler

Don't be silly, it will!

ZNN4Mb7.jpg

Take note of how my score remains 5 despite having clearly hit a cruiser and destroyer with 500kg each.  Should have damaged the former, killed the latter.  Final bomb drop was me looping around to put the 250kg one on the cruiser.

6RwUlli.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yeah, that's fucking lame as shit. Still, nice bombing, if you were torpedoing, you could say duds would be realistic!

WT still has no idea how to handle bomb damage on things like ships. 

That 500Kg bomb is going to  punch through a deck (or three) before it detonates.  That's why related ships have measures to reduce said damage. 

But ti illustrate zee-ro damage? 

Oh wow, more Gaijin fun. 

30 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Ok, so I forgot about this, at some point. Anyone running a dual monitor setup? If so you can pop into the settings window and enable a map and chat boxes in  your browser. 

big-shot-small-1600x450.png

WOT on two monitors would likely cause my dome to detonate. 

Far too much rampant bullshittery for me to process, etc..

2 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Ok, so I forgot about this, at some point. Anyone running a dual monitor setup? If so you can pop into the settings window and enable a map and chat boxes in  your browser. 

big-shot-small-1600x450.png

I have a septuptle monitor capability, how do I do this?

So, am I the only one that didn't know, that once a target is targeted, in tank mode, you can hit the Tank: target Tracking mode, and the if you hold the button, it slews the turret at the same rate as the target, then you can correct with the mouse while still holding the button, making hitting moving targets much MUCH easier? It just puts the main crosshairs center mass, so you have to correct for obstacles, and fine target, but this seems huge, and I feel kinda dumb. 

1.25km SS.11 kill

I was a scrub that match and only managed two kills, but they were both with missiles, and we won.

RNG was also working against me. I engaged another Tiger II at about 1.15km. The first 20pdr destroyed his engine and set him on fire. The SS.11 that followed that up hit him square in a sponson ammo rack, destroying but not detonating it. The next 20pdr shell hit another ammo rack, but also failed to detonate it. My record so far is destroying four ammo racks on the same Ferdinand without any of them cooking off.

iJ5x7cH.jpg

sY3jZov.jpg

To say that sometimes you can't carry enough is an under-fucking-statement.

1zFHkhO.jpg

Sure, I did nothing but spam premium rounds the whole match. We started on the south side of the map so I exploited the corner way over by the castle getting side turret shot after side turret shot at their heavies pushing south. And I had to knife fight solo the Emil and the Conqueror on two separate occasions. And I was going to flank and rape their Jg Pnz 100 solo except their shitter T-54 decided at that point of the battle and get brave, ruining my reign of Tier 8 Rule Britannia medium terror at 250 damage a pop and even then I only got sniped halfway across the map by their camping Rhoomba. 

yhVEVOI.jpg

Oh, and our Top Tier 10 failplatoon? Had winrates of 43 percent, 41 percent and 39 percent, all of whom had less than 1,000 games played. That m48 patton had less than 100 games played.

WORKING

AS

FUCKING

INTENDED

I discovered why I dislike the Cent Mk10 and Conq after coming from the Cent Mk3 and Strv 81: The L1 and L7 have the same behind armor effects as the 20pdr, but have a longer reload and are way less accurate. The L7 doesn't even have meaningful better penetration, while the L1 has 244% longer reload time.

Accuracy tests from 1km.

L1

dJAbMWP.jpg

L7

s5hX23D.jpg

20pdr

AyrkK0S.jpg

So I got the AEC Mk. II, from the two battles I've played it seems to be very good.  I wish the thing had smoke grenades, but it's excellent for seal clubbing.  You've got a long barreled 6pdr on a mobile platform that can actually reverse, what's not to like?  Both battles I played in it I nearly ran out of ammo.  First one got me 8 kills before the end of the game.  Second game is pictured below, I got 13 kills and was down to 6 rounds left before being overwhelmed by enemies because my team was pretty bad.

kZxlz9r.jpg

T10R5xL.png