Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belesarius

General Naval Warfare News/Technology thread.

97 posts in this topic

The exercises of Vietnamese Navy to seize the island in the Spratly archipelago

Admiral Kuznetsov repair and modernisation will start in May of this year and will end somewhere in 2019.

0_e6d76_4b5c6672_orig.jpg

Heavy aircraft carrying cruiser of Project 11435 "Admiral of the Soviet Union Fleet Kuznetsov" at the facility of the "35 SRZ" branch of JSC "TsS Zvezdochka", 03/09/2016

Also,

"Admiralteyskie Verfi" is preparing to launch a large diesel-electric submarine of Project 06361 for the Navy of Algeria. The submarine has not yet been given a name. This is the first submarine for the Navy of Algeria, built under the contract of 2014 for two submarines worth $ 1.2 billion. In the group "Russian Submarines" in the social network Vkontakte already posted pictures of the submarine.

JYo6uONmgJk.jpg

y-Xi-VY29ss.jpg

IFoPnD35yNQ.jpg

Zyklon and Belesarius like this

I have a question: My friend and I searched all the videos of Mig29K( the current one, not the old 1980s one)'s take off, but we never saw the carrier (no matter Kuznetsov or INS Vikramaditya) rasied its jet blast deflector, why?

2 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

Curious.

Although they're calling it a helicopter carrier, I wonder if it can accept any VTOL F-35s or even old fashioned Harriers?

2 minutes ago, Donward said:

Curious.

Although they're calling it a helicopter carrier, I wonder if it can accept any VTOL F-35s or even old fashioned Harriers?

I'd think a strike version of a V-22 could make for interesting capability. And possibly a gunship version of the FVL-L or FVL-M program might be interesting.  Dunno if the deck is engineered to take the heat of the F-35s blast. They had to do major work to the last US baby flattop due to that issue.

F-35s don't seem to currently be planned or possible.  Flight deck does not have heat protection for vertical take-offs, there isn't room to carry many of the fighters at all, and people think that a ski jump is somewhat necessary (for heavier loads).  

Link

Tests of the Turkish anti-ship missile Atmaca

4090022_original.jpg

The Atmaca rocket is subsonic and is equipped with a turbojet engine, as well as a solid-fuel start accelerator. Externally and in size, the Turkish missile is similar to the American Harpoon, and is launched from a similar four-container launcher.

According to the materials of the Turkish press, the first marine test of the Atmaca is planned for 2017, and the beginning of a small-scale production is very optimistically announced for 2018.

4090181_original.jpg

Supposedly a Gabriel V missile launcher on a Sa'ar 5 corvette. This has been a rather interesting development given that Israel doesn't officially release any information about it (while defense oriented analytical websites do), but maintains in active service very old blocks of Harpoon that are nearing obsolescence, which lends many to believe that they're being replaced by non-Harpoon missiles.

000_NF9IF-635x357.jpg

Iranian Nasir AShM

1097616_1000.jpg

1096972_1000.jpg

The Ministry of Defense and Logistics of the Armed Forces of Iran handed over to the naval forces of the Guard Corps of the Islamic Revolution a party of new anti-ship missiles Nasir.

1097741_original.jpg

Spoiler

0_159447_f76124d_orig

0_15944f_2ce652a2_orig

0_159454_cac34dd3_orig

0_159453_c15fbef8_orig