Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

LOL

I took one look at him before reading anything actually written in the comments and instantly thought to myself "holy shit LOL could it be more obvious that his wife FUCKS HIM every night not the other way around"

It could not be more obvious if he was walking bow legged that he's the catcher not the pitcher in his relationship.

8 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

The Russians have a "thing" for really awful bullpup conversions.

Unlike majoroty of those, this bullpup PKP started as conversion made by SF unit. After that number of PKPs were converted in different units as there is a need for short MG firing 7.62x54R. 

On a whim I just looked up the prices of Ruger American Ranch Rifles in 7.62x39 on GunBroker, and it looks like they're clocking in at about $400.

So, it's not like this is news, but that price really kind of drives home how obsolete the .30-30 lever gun is. And, before @Donward chimes in about iron sights, let's remember that halfway decent red dot sights (that are tougher and more consistent than the irons on a lot of lever guns!) are available for as low as $25 these days.

Here's Ruger's promo video for those not familiar with the x39 Ranch:

16 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

On a whim I just looked up the prices of Ruger American Ranch Rifles in 7.62x39 on GunBroker, and it looks like they're clocking in at about $400.

So, it's not like this is news, but that price really kind of drives home how obsolete the .30-30 lever gun is. And, before @Donward chimes in about iron sights, let's remember that halfway decent red dot sights (that are tougher and more consistent than the irons on a lot of lever guns!) are available for as low as $25 these days.

Here's Ruger's promo video for those not familiar with the x39 Ranch:

Yup. I've said it time and time again that 7.62x39 is a damned good medium game round. 

No, I'm not biased. But yes, I grew up popping white tails with a yugo.