Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

StrelaCarbon

Even though I'm relatively new to this forum, it did not take long at all for me to notice that here, I am in the company of many fellow petrolheads.

Documenting the mildly interesting machines I encounter in my everyday life is something I like very much, and since I didn't see anyone here posting much about car spotting, I thought I'd make my own thread. So, if you have any pictures of interesting automotive finds, feel free to share them all right here. 

To get the ball rolling, here's an imperfect (that racing seat looked really out of place, and there were some visible paint scratches) but still exquisite first-generation Mercury Cougar which I encountered this summer: 

0718151719_zpsxdf9mmxz.jpg

I've actually seen this Mustang II around quite a few times.

1002151402_zpspwjnhkkh.jpg

The brown paint, vinyl top and knowledge that it's a gussied-up Pinto really don't do much for me. But whenever it passes by you can hear a lovely V8 exhaust note that definitely doesn't sound stock. Could it be a resto-mod?

Come to think of it, a Mustang II could make the perfect sleeper; nobody expects one of these things to be fast. 

I do have to apologize for the quality of this photo, It was taken through and windshield and my phone's camera is mediocre at the best of times.   

I've actually seen this Mustang II around quite a few times.

The brown paint, vinyl top and knowledge that it's a gussied-up Pinto really don't do much for me. But whenever it passes by you can hear a lovely V8 exhaust note that definitely doesn't sound stock. Could it be a resto-mod?

Come to think of it, a Mustang II could make the perfect sleeper; nobody expects one of these things to be fast. 

I do have to apologize for the quality of this photo, It was taken through and windshield and my phone's camera is mediocre at the best of times.   

There was a factory version of the Mouse-tang/Mustang II that was powered by a small (302)V8.

• 1 month later...

Indeed there was. Update on the Mustang II though, I was able to peek inside of it today, and I believe I saw a 5-speed. Definitely not stock. 

Also... 

DSCF2174_zpsed8nijdf.jpg

Well, hello beautiful! 

I'm ashamed I don't remember the make and model, but I remember being obsessed with those flip up headlight covers.  There was a burgandy red one in my Apartment building garage when I was little.

Should be a '78 Mercury Grand Marquis. If I recall correctly, that was the last year before it was downsized and put on the Panther platform. Dark red would look nice indeed, better than the very 70's chartreuse green of this specimen (which my camera wasn't able to capture too well due to the glare and shadow). 

• 2 months later...

All pictures in this post taken with the lackluster Camera on my old samsung phone. 

1966 Plymouth Valiant

0114161058a_zpsr7pld5t7.jpg

0114161058_zpsm9geaphk.jpg

1982-ish Cadillac Seville. Considering the general crappiness of all the possible drivetrains this car could've had, I wouldn't pay any mind to the 'for sale' sign.

0320161432_zpsawkkqr1c.jpg

(I don't know much of anything about bugs, but some South Lake Union Hipster sure seems to have taken care of this one)

0912151646_zpsqj15wkyl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to take a picture of all the cool Power Wagons and Deuce-and-a-halfs I saw again this season in Alaska.

However, there was this...

ZombieKiller_zpso1xe0o8h.jpg

Spotted in Anchorage at the Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria. Which, is one of the best damned pizza joints I've ever frequented and a must go to if you're ever in Anchor Town, starving, and have just gotten off the tundra.

On the streets of Seattle (Wallingford neighborhood) was a Lectric Leopard. 

photo%2041_zpsnsjidpcx.jpg

I guess it is a rebadged LeCar with an 48 volt powerplant produced in the late-1970s by the US Electricar Corporation.

And for all of that, it looks better than a Prius.

And likely more reliable than a LeCar.

The Alliance and Fuego all had the same issues as well.

• 3 weeks later...

On the streets of Seattle (Wallingford neighborhood) was a Lectric Leopard. 

photo%2041_zpsnsjidpcx.jpg

I guess it is a rebadged LeCar with an 48 volt powerplant produced in the late-1970s by the US Electricar Corporation.

And for all of that, it looks better than a Prius.

I've actually seen that exact same car up in Lake City. Well, I assume it was the same car but really, how many of these can there be still rolling around? 

And likely more reliable than a LeCar.

The Alliance and Fuego all had the same issues as well.

There's somebody with a pretty ratty Fuego 2.2 just a couple blocks over from where I live, I'm quite surprised it's still running.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...