Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

One of the reason of creation of the SK-16 is probably this:

XvBGS.png

Somebodyon otvaga pointed at this video as well. At 6:18 SF member is saying to weapons industry representatives that SF units need light semi-auto rifle similar to SVD for work in mountains, but on modern level.

PDkwos3.jpg

EDIT:  Fine, I'll annotate the pictures I post.

This is a Polish PM-63 submachine gun.  I've not fired one, but I've manually inspected a flame-cut example and read a fair amount on the design.

The design is quirky, but not in a good way.

Note the way the magazine feed lips extend into the bottom of the bolt in the cross-section.  Yep; that's right, the left magazine feed lip doubles as the ejector.  This feature is copied from some early automatic pistol design.  It was a bad idea both times.

The rate reducer in the back of the slide is worthy of more attention, but on the next SMG design the Poles ditched it and went with a design copied from the Vz. 61 Skorpion.

Superstar Leszek E has a good article on the design over at Forgotten Weapons.

When are you doing my belt fed backpack ammo idea?

When someone comes up with a feed chute for .303" that I can afford.

PDkwos3.jpg

EDIT:  Fine, I'll annotate the pictures I post.

This is a Polish PM-63 submachine gun.  I've not fired one, but I've manually inspected a flame-cut example and read a fair amount on the design.

The design is quirky, but not in a good way.

Note the way the magazine feed lips extend into the bottom of the bolt in the cross-section.  Yep; that's right, the left magazine feed lip doubles as the ejector.  This feature is copied from some early automatic pistol design.  It was a bad idea both times.

The rate reducer in the back of the slide is worthy of more attention, but on the next SMG design the Poles ditched it and went with a design copied from the Vz. 61 Skorpion.

Superstar Leszek E has a good article on the design over at Forgotten Weapons.

They are not bad,  a bit odd.. A great deal of the rate reduction also comes from how far the slide travels.

You do not want to "crawl" into the stock too far, but the slide bopping you is not too bad, as it's not travelling that fast by the time it gets near your face.

The foregrip is disturbingly close to the muzzle, and I found myself supporting on the pistol grip  instead of using the fold down foregrip.

The goofy spoon-muzzle at worst, did not negativly affect the piece.

Mags were easy to load, moreso than the APS. The stock worked but looks (and feels) fragile.