Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
Xoon

United States Gun Control Megathread

Recommended Posts

On 9/13/2018 at 8:16 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Doesn't medical malpractice kill nearly 200k Americans a year?  Ban Doctors!

 

It kills far more than any firearm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So 3D gun guy has been arrested for having underage sex with a 16-year old prostitute?

 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407771-3d-printed-gun-creator-accused-of-sexual-assault-arrested-in

 

...

 

And this is why I always hesitate before allying myself politically with “Big L” Libertarians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Donward said:

So 3D gun guy has been arrested for having underage sex with a 16-year old prostitute?

 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407771-3d-printed-gun-creator-accused-of-sexual-assault-arrested-in

 

...

 

And this is why I always hesitate before allying myself politically with “Big L” Libertarians.

 

Tin foil hat time!

 

This guy just settled a case with the Feds, and was then sued again after that victory, could he have fallen into a trap?

 

The Fed doesn't like it when they lose, just sayin'.

 

Not saying that what is reported isn't what happened, but more information is needed on this one. Sexual behavior traps are in vogue right now, it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich Hamptons liberals vs ms-13

 

https://nypost.com/2018/10/06/hamptons-millionaires-build-luxe-panic-rooms-to-hide-from-ms-13/

 

 

181006-hamptons-panic-room-2.jpg?quality

 

Edit: https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/luxury-panic-rooms-and-vip-evacuation-services-are-in-high-demand

 

The Hamptons are a specifically popular venue for safe rooms, especially since people don't have doormen as a protective barrier as they would in the city. But of course it also provides prime bragging rights.

"People in the Hamptons, a lot of it is for people to say, 'I have a panic room.' They have indoor pools, a bowling alley, a bar, and they need something else," says Cosban. "It's a conversation piece."

 

 

 

http://www.panicroomsnyc.com/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that they used the "wall hanger" methodology for their firearms selection criteria. Also, fuck every last one of those assholes, because I'm willing to bet that many of them are of the "for me but not for thee" persuasion when it comes to the 2A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reuters article which actually recognizes that many gun owners and organizations aren't happy with the NRA and have formed their own state-wide groups to do the heavy lifting supporting the Second Amendment.

 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-states/local-gun-groups-flex-muscle-in-state-politics-sidestepping-the-nra-idUSKCN1MI12G

 

These groups have become increasingly active in promoting a pro-gun agenda in many states, unafraid of alienating lawmakers who waver on gun rights. In many cases, they say they would rather lose a legislative fight on principle than compromise and support a watered-down bill.

At times, this can put local groups at odds with the NRA, which some see as too willing to give ground on the most aggressive pro-gun laws in state legislatures, said Greg Pruett, president of the Idaho Second Amendment Alliance, which formed in 2012.

“It’s always kind of interesting when you see a lot of people in the gun control community talk about how radical the NRA is,” said Pruett, whose group organized an email and telephone campaign to pass a 2016 Idaho law allowing people to carry concealed handguns without a permit, also known as “constitutional carry.”

“There’s an entire movement on the other side of the NRA ... We’re done compromising,” he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-atf-for-records-about-obama-administration-attempt-to-restrict-ar-15-ammunition/

 

Quote

Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), a component of the Department of Justice, for 1,900 pages of records about a proposed reclassification that would effectively ban certain types of AR-15 ammunition as armor-piercing (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:18-cv-02218)).

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit after the agency failed to respond to a May 14, 2018, FOIA request for the 1,900 documents about the Obama administration’s AR-15 ammo ban efforts. The documents include ATF talking points about the “Armor Piercing Ammunition Notice of Proposed Rulemaking” and other records discussing ammunition classification.

The lawsuit is the latest development in Judicial Watch’s more than three-year effort to obtain documents from the ATF. Judicial Watch discovered the document cache in separate litigation on the ammo ban issue.

In March 2015, more than 200 members of Congress wrote to former ATF Director B. Todd Jones to express their “serious concern” that the proposal to reclassify the ammunition types as armor-piercing may violate the Second Amendment by restricting ammunition that had been primarily used for “sporting purposes.” The ATF’s move “does not comport with the letter or spirit of the law and will interfere with Second Amendment rights by disrupting the market for ammunition that law abiding Americans use for sporting and other legitimate purposes,” the letter said. The ATF subsequently halted its efforts.

The precise statutory definition of armor-piercing ammunition can be found in 18 U.S.C. §921(a)(17).

“Simply put, the ATF refuses to comply with federal open records law,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said. “The ATF has withheld records for over three years concerning the Obama administration’s shady attempt to institute gun control by restricting ammunition instead of guns.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Donward said:

Reuters article which actually recognizes that many gun owners and organizations aren't happy with the NRA and have formed their own state-wide groups to do the heavy lifting supporting the Second Amendment.

 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-states/local-gun-groups-flex-muscle-in-state-politics-sidestepping-the-nra-idUSKCN1MI12G

 

These groups have become increasingly active in promoting a pro-gun agenda in many states, unafraid of alienating lawmakers who waver on gun rights. In many cases, they say they would rather lose a legislative fight on principle than compromise and support a watered-down bill.

At times, this can put local groups at odds with the NRA, which some see as too willing to give ground on the most aggressive pro-gun laws in state legislatures, said Greg Pruett, president of the Idaho Second Amendment Alliance, which formed in 2012.

“It’s always kind of interesting when you see a lot of people in the gun control community talk about how radical the NRA is,” said Pruett, whose group organized an email and telephone campaign to pass a 2016 Idaho law allowing people to carry concealed handguns without a permit, also known as “constitutional carry.”

“There’s an entire movement on the other side of the NRA ... We’re done compromising,” he said.

The NRA was not founded to do what the duly elected legislature swore to do.

People seem to forget this. 

 

 It started to promote the exercise and promote the use of of the right, not the preservation. That was something that evolved, as this nation's government devolved. 

 

Any member of the government who violates their oath of office, by infringing on any part of the bill of rights needs to do serious time, if not learning to tap dance on air with a length of rope around their neck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

"“Simply put, the ATF refuses to comply with federal open records law,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said. “The ATF has withheld records for over three years concerning the Obama administration’s shady attempt to institute gun control by restricting ammunition instead of guns.”

 

At this point, the FBI, Secret Service, Federal Marshals or similar not raiding the main offices of the BATF and arresting people is unacceptable. 

Disband, arrest and deport, or admit to the nation that the BATF and all involved are now "repulsive and odious varmints of the highest order" and thus open game. 

 

Every dealing I have ever had with the BATF has left me feeling the need to bathe in bleach and rubbing alcohol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Might be a repost. But I might not care. This is something I've dealt with in the past. 

 

22196203_2031979733744307_59948861226332

Anytime someone brings up the "serious discussion about gun control", I ask them if they are next going to have a "Serious discussion about the inconvenience of the First Amendment" . 

That is the direction they are headed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×