Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Non-exploding infantry hardware thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, LoooSeR said:

"Artist" (Russian SF soldier) showed one of his toys - laser lensor (on top of his helmet).

Reveal hidden contents

More info on this "Spider" sensor below. My comments are in [comment] format, because not all info may be clear in translation.

"Hello! I am Nikolai, as the creator of the Spider Laser Signal Detector, thank you for your interest in this device. I am not a participant in the Internet debate, but such a violent reaction during the discussion makes it necessary to introduce clarity, accuracy and correct professional comments on the main aspects of the work of "Spider".

/.../

The "Spider" Laser Signal Detector has been developed as a Personal device for the early detection of exposure to pulsed laser devices for a wide range of applications.

These include:

• All types of civil (at 900 nm range) and military (at 1.06 and 1554 nm) rangefinders;
  • All devices and systems for detecting optical and optoelectronic systems available on the world market in all ranges used for this [laser systems that detect optical devices];
  • Target laser markers (including those used for guidance and launch of missiles) of tactical and combat UAVs of all types;
  • Ground based laser systems used during launches [of missiles, my guess];
  • All variants of laser systems for remote reading of information from windows;

•  

Beam perimeter security systems and much more that may represent a potential (depending on professional orientation) danger.

A few words about the technical characteristics of the "Spider"

• The weight of the device with batteries (2 batteries type CR-123) is not more than 160 gr.
  • Working time (taking into account the frequency of inclusion) more than 10-12 hours of continuous operation.
  • Radiation detection range from 0.7 to 1.7 km
  • Zone by 180 degrees and by elevation (captures the upper hemisphere 120 degrees).

The device has three modes:

• Voice + vibration (says "left, center, right"). Divided into categories: Detector - detection of optics [that what it says. I don't know how it can detect optics, as this device is supposedly passive detector only], etc.; Rangefinder (at present, the signals of individual rangefinder solutions are entered into the processing base and when they are repeated by voice messages, it says: "Rangefinder "Mosquito" or "Raptor", etc.);
  • Luminous (on the back there are three LEDs corresponding to "left", "right", "center" + vibration
  • Combined (light + voice + vibration)

Sound, lighting and recording levels are controlled with just one button. There is a clip for attaching to a pouch, a "Mole" strap and a safety trencher. There is a mini tripod with flexible legs. It allows you to securely mount the device on any structural element: pipe, tripod, window sill, tree branch, etc. On the bottom there is a tripod socket for screwing onto all standard tripods. Batteries are rechargeable, there is a charger with a USB connector. Intuitive laminated instructions.

Important! Detector of laser signals "Spider" is absolutely passive, does not emit any signals, a device that is able to work in daytime (in bright sunshine and difficult weather conditions), evening and night conditions.

I want to highlight that creator claims that Spider can detect optics. Detector mode - detection of optics. I'm not sure how it can do that while being totally a passive device, one of ways to detect optics that i know is by using laser that scans area until getting certain type of laser return from optical lenses.

Is this a Russian product as only webpage i could find is some company in Finnland?

I think author is saying it recognises specific devices by their signal , not that it locates them , it just knows from database what kind of laser its detecting , and/or  one of the lasers it has in database is the system that is used to find optics .

Given only two sensors is can really only indicate left , right or center when both sensors detect the laser ,

On tanks slightly more capable systems also identify laser types down to rangefinder, targer designator or missile guidance laser in modern units even  to exact 'weapon system' that laser belong to.

And because there are more sensors it can point out the source to about 5-10° depending of the number of sensors.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vzor red dot sight from Zenit. They have bunch of versions of Vzors avaliable (https://zenitco.ru/catalog/red_dots/)

wth-WPi-EPMM0.jpg

Spoiler

qj95n-Y3-Ylwk.jpg

10%20%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%20%D0%B2%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80.jpg

Vzor-1V is Vzor-1 for underwater use. 

Vzor-2 red dot have additional green and IR lasers.

Vzor-3 to 3TK are just red dots.

Vzor-4 is red dot + green/IR lasers and IR light

Vzor-5 to 5TK are just red dots.

Vzor-4

Screenshot-1921.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 11:08 PM, LoooSeR said:

1P86 1x/4x sight for VSSM and ASM

Reveal hidden contents

On a gun

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-784

When changing 1x to 4x, lense is visibly moving back.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-785

Screenshot-786

1P86 1x/4x sight used by Russian troops in Ukraine

573187.png

Spoiler

167907.png

693234.jpg

916006.jpg

https://longotoptics.ru/catalog/seriya_k/672/

So Razvedos got his on this Chinese thermal imager. Cost 400-500k rubles (around 10-12k USD)

3ok-RJ0su1q-Q.jpg

LONGOT K9: RESPECT!
Just the other day I received a multifunctional thermal imaging device K9 from the Chinese brand LONGOT for a test and I must say - I'm IMPRESSED.

First, a picture.
Photo and video recording through the application does not fully convey its REALITY, but even with this scenario, it can surprise.
  I will say more - I got the impression that the K9 is able to provide movement on the ground at night, by analogy with night vision devices, since it allows you to distinguish between grass, tree branches, uneven terrain, etc.
   One problem is that it won’t work if you want to drive a car with it, because it doesn’t see through the glass.

Zpt-ZJLBb-k4.jpg

Secondly, versatility.
K9 implies the following use cases:
- as a hand-held monocular;
- mounted on a helmet or a special headband;
- as an independent sight;
- as a thermal imaging pre-objective attachment.
   With the first two options, everything is clear, but the ability to install K9 on a weapon raises questions in relation to its ability to hold recoil, but manufacturers declare a minimum resistance of 3000 J and promise to bring it up to 10,000 J

17g-XZa3-PIAQ.jpg

In general, even at first glance, the device is very interesting, so I will analyze it as part of detailed reviews in both text and video format.
In the meantime, to have an idea about the technical part, check out the performance characteristics of the device at the link:
https://longotoptics.ru/catalog/seriya_k/672/

v-WLBwsbx-Kj-U.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Russian camo suits used by SFs by Sokl company. 3D elements helps with breaking human shape, suits also made with IR spottting in mind.

8r0-WYRfs-MGI.png

SOKL makes several versions of mask gowns, as well as a bunch of extras
Among them are capes for backpacks of various sizes, Panama hats, tapes for concealing weapons, gaiters, etc.
Of course, everything is in “rags.”
Color options - shitload of them – I specially made an album with samples, take your pick.
There is IR remission.
SOKL even claims effective heat dissipation, but I haven’t looked into how well this actually works.

Spoiler

5-Qqugg-AVs-OA.png

3-Yo3a-Wtt-Bc-U.png

• 3 weeks later...

Multicam camo works in most environments and clones are justifiably popular. EMR -Digital Flora was designed by an idiot, that made a Tetris camo that at any usable distance basically performs like it does not have any pattern at all ,you might just as well use green cloth without camo.