Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Point shooting at that range, even with an AR shouldn't be an issue, right?  I've seen folks point shoot a lot of different guns without sights/hip firing etc.

I dunno... the tone of the article kinda threw me a bit.  Comes across as kinda condescending.

Nicholas C? Condescending? Nooo...

Also, instead of being a passive aggressive cunt, maybe the friend of "Nicholas C" could have struck up a conversation with the fella instead of surreptitiously snapping pictures. Holy fuck what a piece of shit article. 

I mean sure, looking at the taped-together magazines and the fact that he's wearing shorts at an indoor range with hot metal flying brass flying around tells me he is a bit of a firearms "novice". But the fucking anonymous shaming of the individual is low.

Bele posts 4 HD images of SKS guide posters that were probably produced for less than a decade and gets 4 times as less responses as the 2 photo blog-post of some ten gallon short shorts hunk using his chessegrader as a sight group and feeling all big about himself

there is no justice on this forum 

Anyone ever have that one  SKS stripper that fucking de-rims the last cartridge every time and fucks with the whole clip. Ya i had one of those fuckers today, i need to spend more on firearms

also, Sigs are good pistols, but when you give them bad ammo, they get bad, really bad if your not shooting them properly 

C-96s remain fun, but outright impossible to load if you dont have strippers or a buddy with you

Also, instead of being a passive aggressive cunt, maybe the friend of "Nicholas C" could have struck up a conversation with the fella instead of surreptitiously snapping pictures. Holy fuck what a piece of shit article. 

I mean sure, looking at the taped-together magazines and the fact that he's wearing shorts at an indoor range with hot metal flying brass flying around tells me he is a bit of a firearms "novice". But the fucking anonymous shaming of the individual is low.

Pretty much my feelings on it.

I noticed that Nicholas C doesn't really defend his articles all that much.  At least you'll discuss stuff with people in the comments of your articles Nathaniel.

Bele posts 4 HD images of SKS guide posters that were probably produced for less than a decade and gets 4 times as less responses as the 2 photo blog-post of some ten gallon short shorts hunk using his chessegrader as a sight group and feeling all big about himself

there is no justice on this forum 

If you guys would write in English so we know what is being said, we'd be more into whatever that Russkie SKS manual was trying to describe.

As it is, we need an American SKS user manual for how every first-time SKS user operates the weapon.

1) You or one of your buddy's turns 18 and the lot of you go in on buying an SKS.

2) Save up enough cash collectively to buy one from the local gun store, pawn ship or weird hippy living in the woods.

3) Buy some cheap Chinese ammo and maybe a Tapco tactical stock.

4) Borrow your mom's minivan and drive into the woods or nearby gravel pit.

5) Load gun.

6) Aim it at nearby appliances, cars or TV sets that have been dumped there.

7) Pull trigger.

8) Try not to shit pants as the SKS slamfires through 9 rounds of ammo.

9) Marvel at how the 10th round stovepiped in such a way that you cannot physically operate the bolt.

10) Sell SKS back to gun store, pawn shop or weird hippy living in the woods.

If you guys would write in English so we know what is being said, we'd be more into whatever that Russkie SKS manual was trying to describe.

As it is, we need an American SKS user manual for how every first-time SKS user operates the weapon.

1) You or one of your buddy's turns 18 and the lot of you go in on buying an SKS.

2) Save up enough cash collectively to buy one from the local gun store, pawn ship or weird hippy living in the woods.

3) Buy some cheap Chinese ammo and maybe a Tapco tactical stock.

4) Borrow your mom's minivan and drive into the woods or nearby gravel pit.

5) Load gun.

6) Aim it at nearby appliances, cars or TV sets that have been dumped there.

7) Pull trigger.

8) Try not to shit pants as the SKS slamfires through 9 rounds of ammo.

9) Marvel at how the 10th round stovepiped in such a way that you cannot physically operate the bolt.

10) Sell SKS back to gun store, pawn shop or weird hippy living in the woods.

Its a poster, look at the pictures, its self explanatory 

Buying a tatical stock?

Not being able to clear malfunctions?

Hard to shoot?

you sure we are talking about the same gun

Its a poster, look at the pictures, its self explanatory 

Buying a tatical stock?

Not being able to clear malfunctions?

Hard to shoot?

you sure we are talking about the same gun

I was being slightly facetious with the list but I can assure you that in the 1990s and throughout the 2000s, that 10 part list will pretty much sum up the experience that most teenagers/college age kids had upon buying their first SKS for $69-$129.