Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

5 years down the road the NRA will start fundraising in order to get this guy's right to own weapons restored.

What was that?

Yeah. You donate to the fucking NRA and they advocate getting "non-violent" felons their guns back. 

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150605/house-votes-to-let-nonviolent-ex-felons-restore-gun-rights

Fucking, money-grubbing incompetent scum.

I'm one of those who thinks that if you're out of prison, you should have all rights restored. The sentence was served, etc.

If you cannot be trusted with those rights, you should not be out of said prison.

The "system" we have now is just manufacturing a quasi controllable/manipulable disenfranchised class with all the associated bureaucratic administration and "investment opportunities" one would expect from such nonsense .

I feel like that one guy who doesn't get the joke with the HMG Sturmgewehr.

If you don't over-analyze it like us, then to the average enthusiast they see it as "rare gun that I've only seen in pictures/games/movies can now be bought for <$2000 and I can use semi-affordable rounds in it." The hype from respectable writers over a repro is a weird thing, though.

I feel like that one guy who doesn't get the joke with the HMG Sturmgewehr.

For a second, I was thinking of some really obscure STG-44 prototype the Germans managed to convert into a Heavy machine gun, then I might get why It would be hyped as that would be a thing.

But, nah, these repro wehraboo bait guns look like dogshit, you have me agreeing at least I guess.

It's not the "repro StG" bit I don't get, it's that I was pretty underwhelmed by the prototypes at SHOT. They don't look like something I'd spend that kind of money on, even if I were an StG fan.

Out of curiousity, if those repro FG42s were in that price range would you consider one? You seem to be quite fascinated with that firearm.

Out of curiousity, if those repro FG42s were in that price range would you consider one? You seem to be quite fascinated with that firearm.

If the quality didn't change, I'd buy one ASAP. Frankly, if the HMG Sturmgewehrs were similar quality to the SMG FG-42s, I'd be considering them for review, at least (although the StG isn't really my cup of tea).

I am a little weary of HMG. I placed an order for one of their CETME-L rifles which were supposed to ship out in January. I thought $1500 was a fair price for a cool, unique rifle and was excited to be on the pre-order list.

Then I get an email saying "we fucked up the build process, but dont worry, your money is safe with us!". So, that sucks.

Nope, not that I saw.

Jesus, I was slightly joking earlier about the "appealing to Werhaboos" thing, but considering their entire listed catalog is 2 variants of the MP-44/STG-44 and a repro of the CETME L, do these guys literally exist to milk money from closet Nazis?

I really didn't want to be cynical about this gun going into it. I felt like $1800 was a good price for the kind of reproduction they are shooting for, as it'll be competing directly with other "non-ARs" like the AUG, Tavor, SCAR, etc.

But I wouldn't pay $1800 for a gun that's on the quality level with an AR-180B or MPAR-556, and neither should anyone else. I hope I'm just pre-judging and the production examples look and shoot great, but if it's more of the same, it'll make me start to wonder where that money's going, exactly.

I really didn't want to be cynical about this gun going into it. I felt like $1800 was a good price for the kind of reproduction they are shooting for, as it'll be competing directly with other "non-ARs" like the AUG, Tavor, SCAR, etc.

But I wouldn't pay $1800 for a gun that's on the quality level with an AR-180B or MPAR-556, and neither should anyone else. I hope I'm just pre-judging and the production examples look and shoot great, but if it's more of the same, it'll make me start to wonder where that money's going, exactly.

More of the same?

...."HMG builds new run of Tiger I "Michael Wittmann Edition" tanks for the most discerning collectors!" -Next years shot show.

Though to be fair, considering the build qualities of the real ones, it would be hard to tell if HMG just messed up or was going for historical accuracy if they actually fucked up the above project really horribly.