Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Evil Lord Volandemort "The Crimean" Putin Oprichniki Russian President Protection Service SF unit (USN SBP). For some reason plenty of 7.62x39 caliber AKs are used.

r5pVnVajmHs.jpg

Also, drum mags. Are they for 7.62x39 as well?

Spoiler

ESJUtVvZCJc.jpg

yHUziviyG4U.jpg

tFieyo22wwg.jpg

B_JWsLSJD34.jpg

That gas block is definitely different than a standard AK-74M.  It looks like it has some sort of FAL-style regulator.  Maybe it has an adjustable gas system to run better with the suppressor.  The upper handguard retaining lever is different too, perhaps some sort of tension system to make the rails more steady.  Looks like there is a similar modification for the receiver cover as well.  Also, there is one new rivet at the bottom of the trunnion.

Other than that though, they look like pretty standard AK-100 series weapons.

1 hour ago, Collimatrix said:

That gas block is definitely different than a standard AK-74M.  It looks like it has some sort of FAL-style regulator.  Maybe it has an adjustable gas system to run better with the suppressor.  The upper handguard retaining lever is different too, perhaps some sort of tension system to make the rails more steady.  Looks like there is a similar modification for the receiver cover as well.  Also, there is one new rivet at the bottom of the trunnion.

Other than that though, they look like pretty standard AK-100 series weapons.

Almost all those modification were done by SF guys in their work in Southern parts of Russia years ago (With exception of adjustable gas system).

51 minutes ago, Donward said:

Reason #87 why I absolutely loathe and detest the NRA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4825020/A-US-fashion-bang-carrying-guns-style.html

Let's spend dues our membership contributes on a fashion show.

4390BDD100000578-4825020-image-a-54_1503

Seriously.

4390BDDA00000578-4825020-image-a-21_1503

And the tards are advocating appendix carry to boot.

Appendix carry is the carry method du jour among all right-thinking CCWers, duh.

Of course, that neglects the fact that not everyone's pants sit the same way, not everyone has a flat belly, and that you have to practice a super ultra secret martial art just to safely reholster the thing.

19 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Appendix carry is the carry method du jour among all right-thinking CCWers, duh.

Of course, that neglects the fact that not everyone's pants sit the same way, not everyone has a flat belly, and that you have to practice a super ultra secret martial art just to safely reholster the thing.

Or that there are two dozen better and more practical ways to carry that don't involve pointing a striker fired gun with no manual safety at your femoral artery.

But back on subject, does the NRA not know the "optics" of an event like this with a bunch of hipster douchebags strutting around make gun owners look ridiculous?

Which shotgun are you wanting?

I'm going to be forever hated by all true internet gun guys after saying what I'm about to say combined with my other heresies but, i got a pair of tristar tech 12's from j&g years ago and they have actually been really good guns so far!*

*I also sperged out for 2 weeks reading everything i could about them and ordered a list of parts etc i compiled from the spergout the day i ordered them. Including the tube mag extension to get it to 8 rounds it was still not more than i think $125 a gun. Total i spent right around $600-$650 for each one total out the door, spent a couple evenings going over the sperg list installing parts and cleaning up potential problem areas people warned about before i put a single round through either. 

Other than that, I followed a recommended break in shooting schedule etc and have since then used abused and put them away wet from time to time and never had an issue that wasn't my fault.*

*i do boneheaded shit sometimes, and occasionally that makes guns not work right... Imagine that right? I however don't blame my guns when i was the known fucked part of the equation "when bad shit happened©"

Because "it just happened" is the first refuge of the fucktard about to blame inanimate objects for the wages of stupidity he has just earned.

2 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

As the appendix mafia will point out, with a proper appendix-specific holster and proper draw/reholster technique, you don't ever actually point it at your femoral.

I still think they get carried away and appendix is way over-recommended though.

I think the appendix mafia are the sort who -500 years ago - would wear exaggerated codpieces to mask their deficiencies since the only benefit carrying a gun like that is to show off a bulge in your crotch.

Also did I mention fuck the money grubbing whores in the NRA? Because I feel I haven't done that in at least an hour.

2 hours ago, roguetechie said:

Which shotgun are you wanting?

H&R Pardner Protector Pump. 

zoom_pardnerpump_protector.jpg

It's a Chinese 870 clone. Takes 90% of the same parts. Stock with a 5 round magazine and 18.5" barrel. Walmart had them on sale for $159, but I missed a chance. Now I'm kicking myself. 

I sold my tricked-out Remington 11-87 3-gun blaster to get money to move. Now I've got ammo and a bedroom corner that needs a shotgun, and this is the best deal/best reviewed shotgun I've seen.

41 minutes ago, Donward said:

Did you try S-Mart? 

11 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

As the appendix mafia will point out, with a proper appendix-specific holster and proper draw/reholster technique, you don't ever actually point it at your femoral.

They'll still be blowing their balls off. 

3 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Enough people carry appendix now that I guess we'll know for sure soon!

One of the last cases where I made a fixture, was some guy wanting to sue glock  for putting a testicle (one of his) into a wall at significant velocity.

The .40 caliber bullet pushing it did help.

The whole time I was making the fixture to "simulate a glock stuffed into one's waistband, just so"  I was saying "Guy did not keep his boogerpicker off the loud switch".

Yep, that's what it turned out to be..