Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

15 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

SVCh

neuyxNtm30k.jpg

Hide contents

3Iza3gvGLug.jpg

l1Y-xCrKtK8.jpg

Looser,

The svch is based on the dragunov MA design right?

If so, wouldn't designs based off this system and construction methods be relatively trivial to make in left hand ejecting versions?

It seems to me like in some ways there's at least the potential for that, if not outright being able to make a fairly simple set of modifications to the basics in order to get toolless and fast selectable ejection between left amd right.

1 hour ago, roguetechie said:

Looser,

The svch is based on the dragunov MA design right?

If so, wouldn't designs based off this system and construction methods be relatively trivial to make in left hand ejecting versions?

It seems to me like in some ways there's at least the potential for that, if not outright being able to make a fairly simple set of modifications to the basics in order to get toolless and fast selectable ejection between left amd right.

Yes, it's based on the MA (as are the AM-17 and AMB-17).

Was just wanting to confirm i wasn't mistaken before continuing onward.

What do you think about the whole possibility of being made ambi thing? 

To me it would seem to be a pretty strong candidate for such a feature. I could even see it being a very fast to swap ejection direction ambi gun with less of the beretta weirdness of the arx

Nazi propaganda reel about MG-34 production:

The MG-34 seems very machining-intensive to produce, but it also seems that the basic design could have been kept and made much easier to mass-produce without major changes.  I love how the perforated jacket around the barrel is apparently machined!

They had a whole raft of really neat mg designs...

I personally have a weird obsession with the mg17 mg81 and a couple others

(The mg15 na from ww1, Cetme Ameli, berezin, shkas, beardmore farquhar, farquhar hill, m1941 m1944 m1945 and the other Melvin Johnson stuff, Dutch AR10's and the belt feds they spawned, and so many more!)

I like my guns like my women exotic, would be awesome if..., temperamental, and odd or downright dangerous!