Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Russia... Stop....

hMJUqDz.jpg

1414733893497.png

Those are merely advnaced Soviet KGB addons to glorious rifle for technical supremecy over the enemy in the field of small arms

Just like the Abrams gas turbine is a wasteful ineffictent engine that limits autonomy, but the T-80's gas turbine is a STRONK engine that makes tonk of T-80 king of speedy maneuver warfare 

8ngy76yW2ao.jpg

;)

Do want

Kurds with RPGs/ATGMs.

qHr5S.jpg

G4uhO.jpg

k1pZJ.jpg

u8kBl.jpg

giVHp.jpg

ayYPr.jpg

IPudB.jpg

A3wV2.jpg

3Kp8B.jpg

zfrJ1.jpg

eUptb.jpg

ik91m.jpg

Y72Sa.jpg

Call me a consipracy theorist, but those Panzerfuast 3s, and AT4s, and Milans and Gustav's look more and more like overkill for ISIS T-55s and Type-59s and maybe, say, might end up being aimed at Syrian or even Iranian T-72bs soon

Still, Kurds still look badass

Call me a consipracy theorist, but those Panzerfuast 3s, and AT4s, and Milans and Gustav's look more and more like overkill for ISIS T-55s and Type-59s and maybe, say, might end up being aimed at Syrian or even Iranian T-72bs soon

Still, Kurds still look badass

I'd think it's more of a contingency for ISIS possibly getting their hands on some T-72s or more advanced armor (probably Syrian), wouldn't surprise me if that happened, given how much of a shitshow the middle east is.

(The Iranians at least seem capable of putting their pants on in the morning without help, so I doubt ISIS will be capturing much from them).

That's Trey Knight, son of C. Reed Knight.  The gun is an obscure silenced revolver survival rifle project by Knight's Armament that's a heavily modified Ruger GP 100.

Actually, the rifle variant was based upon the Ruger Super Redhawk.  The GP100 variant was a handgun only.

The ammunition for the KAC suppressed revolvers used a captive sabot. The large caliber sabot stopped against the forcing cone of the small caliber barrel to seal the cylinder gap. The propellant gases were then left to flow into the suppressor.

In articles that I've seen, the project was credited to Reed Knight and John Anderson. However, the cartridge concept is derived from an earlier design by Charles R. (Bob) Olsen. He saw it as the basis for a high velocity revolver cartridge without the need to use a bottlenecked case with its setback problems. He called it the Invicta. The models he showed to the shooting press back in the early/mid-80s were built on Dan Wesson revolvers. I suspect that no one wanted to market it due to the possibility that some idiot would slip a standard cartridge into the cylinder and try to shoot it out of the smaller diameter bore.

Olsen's US Patents can be seen online:

http://www.google.com/patents/US4393782

http://www.google.com/patents/US4457093

Why would NATO countries keep a stock of AT missiles that can't deal with a T-72?

incompedence, i wouldnt be suprised if Belgian stocks are full of them

plus its just easier to donate the worst AT weapons you have to offer.

A early 70s RPG-7 can easily be the god of war when you are shooting at nothing but monkey model Soviet tanks driven by semi suicidal teenagers 

The magwell dimensions for a 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 AK are different (mags for the former physically cannot fit into the latter), so it can't be a 5.45 AN-94 with a 7.62x39 mag inserted.

It's gotta be a 7.62x39 AN-94.

Picture shows just mock-ups of guns, as i understand. ММГ markings are for mock ups, which are made as non-functioning real weapon, or made straight from real gun after some modifications to make it incapable to fire even after some work put into it.

Picture shows just mock-ups of guns, as i understand. ММГ markings are for mock ups, which are made as non-functioning real weapon, or made straight from real gun after some modifications to make it incapable to fire even after some work put into it.

You have any reason to believe what that guy was holding was a mockup?