Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Since the highest and best use of this thread is to make fun of Gary Johnson...

He might not be a perfect candidate, but I'd totally hang out with Gary Johnson. I'd get drunk, he'd get high, I'd talk about rockets, he'd talk about climbing mountains. It would be a wonderful time.

I don't think it is a persona.  I think that is him. 

I agree, but that's also how a lot of normal people are. The cynic in me still believes the math I identified earlier this year checks out, and I still think he'll win.

Either way, we're screwed, just differently.

I mean, my estimate of Trump's character is basically the same as it was before he decided to run. What was everyone's estimate then? He's a person of average temperament (that is to say, not very good), he's sleazy, and he's been rich all his life. Not any different now. Scott Adams identified some persuasion talent in Trump, but I think as amusing as his analysis has been, he's overestimating Trump's capabilities.

Trump might be a good president just because of Overlord Rule 12. He might also be awful for basically the same reason. Good thing the presidency doesn't matter much.

He might not be a perfect candidate, but I'd totally hang out with Gary Johnson. I'd get drunk, he'd get high, I'd talk about rockets, he'd talk about climbing mountains. It would be a wonderful time.

See. I disagree. Looking at Johnson's persona, he seems rather brittle and apt to snap at you awkwardly if you disagree with his pronouncements. I just watch the body language of the reporters who ask him questions (see previous YouTube comments).

Bubba Clinton and Trump. Yeah they're Good Ol' Boys. I met/interviewed McCain once - twice kinda - and he seemed a smart and personable individual. Never met Romney. Huckabee was a blast. That guy was smart and funny and self-deprecating. Gingrich seemed pretty cool. 

And hanging out with Hillary would be complete hell.

See. I disagree. Looking at Johnson's persona, he seems rather brittle and apt to snap at you awkwardly if you disagree with his pronouncements. I just watch the body language of the reporters who ask him questions (see previous YouTube comments).

Yeah, Johnson is unhinged. Imagine Trump's "locker room talk" in the presence of Johnson. Total buzz kill.

Changing the subject slightly and piling onto what Nate said about math being in Trump's favor.

For an election where so many people are saying they're not voting Trump/Hillary or they're voting third party, and that Millennials are refusing to vote and so forth, it seems that voter registration numbers are going up.

Here in my state - which is generally votes 55 to 45 percent Democrat over Republican each year - voter registrations are way up. 

http://mynorthwest.com/412777/record-number-of-voter-registrations/

And I've seen similar stories about voter registration in other states.

I don't know if anything should be made of this and that it's just background noise? Or is this somehow evidence that a growing number of fervent Trump voters who have never registered before are finally making their voice heard? Or is this the vaunted Democrat ground game getting their side out to defeat evil, racist, homophobic, Islam-hating, Mexican-rapist-calling, disabled mocking, misogynistic, rich Donald Trump?

And apparently there are two more reveals happening soon, one about as bad and one worse.

@toddstarnes
Dr. Ben Carson tells @FoxNews more Trump revelations are coming.
10:21 AM - 8 Oct 2016

@guypbenson
Anti-Trump operative tells me 2 more big oppo hits coming. Says 1 is ~on par w/ 'p***y grab,' the other is worse. But no details. We'll see.

@billpruitt
As a producer on seasons 1 & 2 of #theapprentice I assure you: when it comes to the #trumptapes there are far worse.#justthebegininng

Buckle up.

And apparently there are two more reveals happening soon, one about as bad and one worse.

@toddstarnes

Dr. Ben Carson tells @FoxNews more Trump revelations are coming.

10:21 AM - 8 Oct 2016

@guypbenson

Anti-Trump operative tells me 2 more big oppo hits coming. Says 1 is ~on par w/ 'p***y grab,' the other is worse. But no details. We'll see.

@billpruitt

As a producer on seasons 1 & 2 of #theapprentice I assure you: when it comes to the #trumptapes there are far worse.#justthebegininng

Buckle up.

The Clinton machine is on the attack. I guess that is the downside of being a Hollywood candidate running on the R ticket.

Will have to be doing grown-up stuff during the debate tonight. So I'll be catching it on repeat later in the evening. 

But for someone who prides himself on selling the Trump brand, the Donald will have to market himself pretty damn convincingly tonight. I'm hoping that he forgoes the insults and latches on to actual policy issues and attacking the Hillarybeast on her tenure in the State Department, vis a vis, Syria, Libya, Haiti, her e-mail servers and the Clinton Foundation pay-to-play scheme. 

Make or break time.

Will have to be doing grown-up stuff during the debate tonight. So I'll be catching it on repeat later in the evening. 

But for someone who prides himself on selling the Trump brand, the Donald will have to market himself pretty damn convincingly tonight. I'm hoping that he forgoes the insults and latches on to actual policy issues and attacking the Hillarybeast on her tenure in the State Department, vis a vis, Syria, Libya, Haiti, her e-mail servers and the Clinton Foundation pay-to-play scheme. 

Make or break time.

Nah, he is going to go after Bill's infidelities.  Trump's impulse is always to attack.