Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I've never heard of Imagine Dragons or their song "I'm So Sorry". So I looked on the YouTube device after I watched the trailer above. And was forced to sit through a 30 second ad of the same trailer with the "I'm So Sorry" song in order to listen to "I'm So Sorry".

Just one of those funny moments...

Also, that chandelier being shot down by a handgun. I mean, that is a workplace hazard just waiting to happen!

I look forward to the counter-counter assault rifles to counter this counter assault rifle, perhaps it would be some kind of modernised mosin nagant. Also, according to the manufacturer they include 100 rounds of greek 30.06 in the $4.7k package - now that's good value!*

*per firearm blog interview with designer of weapon, weapon is not guaranteed to work with cheap ammunition.

Hit the nail on the head, Xlu (you will be called this from now on. In fact, I like it so much I am changing your profile name to it. I like that it looks sort of like the name of an alien emperor* but is pronounced "Lou").

What has me scratching my head is... Exactly what ammunition is the HCAR supposed to fire? I get that it's supposed to be a more powerful selfloading rifle (wait, isn't that like a Garand? Oh don't mind me...), but like, M2 Ball isn't any more powerful than .308. And M2 AP isn't being made anymore. And M61 7.62mm AP exists. And, and, and. Like, are you just supposed to shoot Federal soft-points out of the thing, or something? I don't get it.

*Xenu, Lord Zed, etc; they all have short names that start with uncommon letters.

Hit the nail on the head, Xlu (you will be called this from now on. In fact, I like it so much I am changing your profile name to it. I like that it looks sort of like the name of an alien emperor* but is pronounced "Lou").

What has me scratching my head is... Exactly what ammunition is the HCAR supposed to fire? I get that it's supposed to be a more powerful selfloading rifle (wait, isn't that like a Garand? Oh don't mind me...), but like, M2 Ball isn't any more powerful than .308. And M2 AP isn't being made anymore. And M61 7.62mm AP exists. And, and, and. Like, are you just supposed to shoot Federal soft-points out of the thing, or something? I don't get it.

*Xenu, Lord Zed, etc; they all have short names that start with uncommon letters.

Our Benevolent Forum Overlord has spoken. So let it be written, so let it be done.

It was only a matter of time I suppose until the appendix-esque OOW HCAR appeared in a video game:

It even comes complete with a horrible theme song by The Worst Band!

Sabaton doesn't appear in this video?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/26/point-shooting-with-a-folding-stock-ak-74/

Ok, which one of you is trolling Nathaniel? 

"

noavatar92.png
anon 10 hours ago

HA AMERICAN CAPALITIST CANNOT BE INTO SHOOTINGS OF GLORIOUS AKS-74 FROM THE HIP. HAHAHA YOU DONOT KNOW THAT TO BE ACCURATE OF TRUE SLAV YOU MUST MAKE DRINKINGS OF MANY VODKA FIRST WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU USE THE POWER OF LENIN TO DEFEND THE MOTHERLAND FROM CAPATILISTS AND KEBAB."

I was casting around looking for something else when I came across this gem of an instructional video aimed at youth going through hunter safety education featuring John Wayne.

I just might have to try the can and half dollar trick at the 10:50 mark.

Although it's typical of the classic scare-em-straight educational videos of the period, it is a time capsule of the role that folks expected of firearms in our parents and grandparents generation.