Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

VSS vintorez disassembled:

hDZY445.jpg

The design of the striker/linear hammer is reminiscent of the VZ-58.

This is SR-3M Vikhr. Vintorez does not have build-in frontal grip. You can see this gun in my previous post, second picture. Note threaded muzzle brake to accept silencers, built-in grip, and other plastic parts - they are same. Also, VSS have wooden stock.

This is SR-3M Vikhr. Vintorez does not have build-in frontal grip. You can see this gun in my previous post, second picture. Note threaded muzzle brake to accept silencers, built-in grip, and other plastic parts - they are same. Also, VSS have wooden stock.

Aha, you are right.  Thanks for the correction.

11577746.jpg

AK-74M modernization kit by Izhevsk. AFAIK this is a gun that they are showing at expos.

What model of magazine is that?  I don't believe I've seen it before.

RKg32Yf.jpg

New York Air National Guard, 103rd Rescue Squadron, 106th Rescue Wing.

DD rails on those M4s.

DLNlovK.jpg

Turkish Army.  Note the PSLs.

This morning I helped shape the minds of three young men. They were discussing video games and the subject of how awesome such-and-such WW2-themed first person shooter was with the Garand. Not only did I have the chance to teach them the correct pronunciation of Garand but I also dispelled the *ping* myth by walking them through a combat scenario.

And another small victory is won.

WTF is that thing?

Second one? THis is part of silencer, IIRC. This is special muzzle brake that accept special silencers from one certain company.

Iranian 23 mm "sniper" "rifle".

fviH7jR.jpg

FNsQwEk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O560vmnJ8X8

FSB competition near St.Petersburg (in a village, where my uncle live. Imagine amount of "sound pollution"  :D )

Americans are obsessed with high performance handguns, which really ignores the fact that ballistic science indicates that handguns all are terribad no matter how roided up they are.

I have been drilling down on posts and I found this one because it is so true.  My great uncle carried a Model 8 Remington Rifle as a deputy.  He also had a pistol but he rarely used it - he claimed when the world went sideways only an idiots stood around with a pistol in their hands.  

I made the mistake of posting a picture of Uncle Walter with his model 8 on a forum about five years ago and triggered a firestorm of criticism.  The pundits told me that the 35 Remington was a toy rifle, it didn't have the stopping power to use for law enforcement, it had too little ammunition in it (my Uncle had a 10 round magazine but only loaded 8 rounds in it) and that the only LEO who had one would be a dead LEO.  The thread ended up with like 10,000 posts, only my 49/56 post did more furor.  

The only reason I ever posted that was that for 1923 my Uncle made an educated choice of weapons that served him for two decades.  The hundreds of posts that analyzed how bad the 35 Remington is/was failed to recognize the issue was about rejecting pistols for most work when a rifle is available.