Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Hate to say it but it kind of does make sense for a particular niche market of "I want an AR57 but my state has laws against some of the features on it."

Not saying it's the greatest idea ever, but, sometimes you do have to follow the law if you want to make a sale.

(Plus getting an actual semi auto P90 and not a PS90, which has a 16" barrel as opposed to a 10.5" one the regular P90 has, which is a generally more popular "look", means you still have to register it as an SBR, which is a huge pain in the ass most people aren't willing to do like with most NFA items, I can tell you from first hand experience it is infact really goddamn annoying to go through the process with the ATF.)

Hot damn this is some spacegun shit right here:

monolith1.jpg

They are very odd to fire as well.

Trigger pull is more akin to a pneumatic stapler, there is an annoying rubber lip in the magwell that makes it a bit difficult to quickly change mags, and overall the thing very much feels like a toy.

But, it did work, and the owner of the one I fired seemed happy with it.

Oh yeah that was invented by Tamir Porat, the same guy who came up with the Tavor's looks.

It's dumb, just like the Tavor. Putting a bipod right under a rifle's CoG is stupid.

Oh yeah that was invented by Tamir Porat, the same guy who came up with the Tavor's looks.

It's dumb, just like the Tavor. Putting a bipod right under a rifle's CoG is stupid.

Looks like a great way to get a nasty laceration during mag changes.

I'm sure he'll sell more than a few to the tacticool crowd.

Third round of TangoFoxtrot dust tests (which are, in my opinion, the highest quality, most scientific dust tests on YouTube) were released a couple of months ago. Their testing methodology was as follows:

ieCjCfz.png

This is improved versus their last round of tests as it allows for remedial action to be performed. IIRC, in the last battery of tests, if the gun had any malfunction it was immediately failed.

The results:

AR-15, 10 rounds fired clean, 50 rounds fired dirty (note this is not a mechanically bone stock AR-15, it has an LMT improved bolt, POF roller cam pin, and a Gemtech enhanced bolt carrier)

SCAR 16S, 10 rounds fired clean, 50 rounds fired dirty

Tavor, 10 rounds fired clean, 40 rounds fired dirty, failed on the 41st round and then didn't want to return to battery

AUG, 10 rounds fired clean, 28 rounds fired dirty, trigger failed to reset on the 29th round and then continued to fail after remedials

And now, the one we've all be waiting to see, the Lord Tactical Tuna Himself, the FS2K!

Which of course does extremely well, firing 10 rounds clean and 50 rounds dirty without a problem.