Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I substantially confused the MP5 audio with an AR-15 bolt going home, which is weird because I have quite a bit of real-life experience with the MP5 and H&K guns (not, like, authoritative experience, but I've shot high hundreds of rounds through H&K long guns). I know what that sounds like, and the sound made during the "reveal" aligned with my expectations for it, while the one we were supposed to guess sounded off for some reason. I am not sure why.

The Mauser stripper clip sound was just cheating.

The funny part is we actually did joke a few times about how Alex C. would dominate at playing that game when we played a while ago, unfortunately, he didn't pull out a KPV or the Breech loading of an Abrams as we hoped for.

But Olifant did meet his match!

I simply opted out. My tinitus combined with crappy computer speakers makes it not worth the effort.

Tough to hear mechanical sound nuances over thumbnail sized speakers when it's masked by a 60 cycle ringing in my ears.

7.62 selfloading pistol by Borchardt.

otvaga2004_pistolet_borhardta_01.jpg

otvaga2004_pistolet_borhardta_02.jpg

Ah yes; that old thing.

It's a forerunner of the Luger, I believe.  A Luger is similar mechanically, but the parts have been re-arranged so the overall design is more compact.

They're neat looking weapons in a steampunk sort of way. Any Luger book starts with the Borchardt. The best configuration is the version with the detachable stock which is rather "unique" looking.

For me the audio during the "guessing" portions was weird and didn't sound like the audio from the reveal - anybody else feel like that?

Yeah, they even admitted the recordings weren't the best, too. I had guessed the MP5 one was an AR-15 coming home, too. Then I heard the last one and was positive. ARs definitely have more "oomph" in the return noise than a lot of rifle cocking.

YAfV77P.gif

What is he armed with?  If it is a knife then someone should award him a .40 lifetime achievement award.  If it is not a knife then all it would take is two officers to serve him up a meal of grass a la handcuff, with extra servings of pavement if he falls unlucky.

Islamic Liberation Front

421162_900.jpg

Look at their weapons...

Monsieur knows his perversions

When your uniform says China

Your AT rifle says North Korea

But your small arms say Vietnam

#justIslamicLiberationFrontthings