Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Kalashnikov factory photo report by Ilya Varlamov.

http://zyalt.livejournal.com/1363099.html

Factory is blend of old and new, in the middle of modernisation programm.

Some photos of guns:

01.jpg

02.jpgModernisation kit for AK-74Ms by Kalashnikov Concern.

New version of the AK-12 (i posted it beforem now found source).

07.jpg

04.jpg

Vityaz-SN SMG.

05.jpg

09.jpg

lol, Saiga-107.

10.jpg

Oo0fC.jpg

Small catridges in front of 2 big bulletz - №3 is Dvoryaninov's (TsNII "TochMash" institute) 10/4.5x54R cartridge for smoothbore PKM and SVD, №4 is unknown prototype version (from the same team of the TsNII "TochMash" institute - Dvoryaninov group) 1974-made 3.5mm experimental arrow/flechette for unknwon machine gun.   

Iranians with Best Korea Type-73 MG.

rGU1c.jpg

mLZog.jpg

Aren't the brass shotgun shells trendy for our friends in the Cowboy Action Shooting genre? 

Or the folks who insist on murdering doves with great-grandpap's damascus-twist  A.H. Fox or Boss shotgun.

Prevents bore wear.  Steel rifle ammo used lacquer for the same reason.

Corrosion resistance.  The copper wash over a steel jacket is what you're thinking of. 

The lacquer coatings were solely for corrosion protection however.  The U.S. steel casings in lieu of lacquer used a cadmium or zinc coating for the same reason.

Excellent look at the bizarre M231 Firing Port Weapon on arfcom.

The "rifle" has no sights.  Not only does it lack a front sight post, the upper receiver carry handle isn't even drilled for the rear sight!

The fire control group is bizarre.  The thing fires from an open bolt, which means that the bolt carrier is unique.  The receiver extension is bizarre and, uniquely, screws open from the back.  

Had a chance to play with a post 86DS '231. It's a fantastic device for converting money into noise, especially when fed from one of those Chinese 120 round drums they sold back in the 90's.

Excellent look at the bizarre M231 Firing Port Weapon on arfcom.

The "rifle" has no sights.  Not only does it lack a front sight post, the upper receiver carry handle isn't even drilled for the rear sight!

The fire control group is bizarre.  The thing fires from an open bolt, which means that the bolt carrier is unique.  The receiver extension is bizarre and, uniquely, screws open from the back.  

This was a gun I learned in my youth.  Camp Blanding has a wall set up to practice with these.  Although maligned and ridiculed they were useful and buttoned up infantry something to do instead of sit around waiting to take a RPG in the gullet.  Their main drawback from the army point of view was cost - they were dirt cheap in an era where weapon systems had to have a B on the price tag to make a politician vote yea.

How to be tacticool at the airport.

Cooley_FB-800x430.jpg

Here's what Chris Hernandez has to say about yahoos walking around with rifles carried at port arms:

Really, who wouldn’t feel comfortable walking into Chipotle’s with this gaggle of freedom-lovers hanging around outside? It’s not like any of them are CARRYING THEIR F’KIN’ WEAPON AT PORT ARMS, which has been taught as a combat-ready position for decades. And just look! None of them, NONE, have their weapon slung in front, which is where we soldiers carry our carbines on patrol so WE CAN QUICKLY RAISE THEM TO SHOOT PEOPLE IN THE FACE.

Hernandez hits the nail on the head and pretty much sums up my concern with carrying a rifle in a tactical sling in that position. You are brandishing your weapon when you are doing that which - in my hood - gets people like the King County Sheriff interested in your behavior. Or at least it did the last time I interviewed him about OC. 

And of course the guy is there to video his saga as well. Holy fuck, the guy sounds like a whiny, self-entitled cunt. His voice alone would make me draw and pistol whip him.

Cops have a hard job.

Hernandez hits the nail on the head and pretty much sums up my concern with carrying a rifle in a tactical sling in that position. You are brandishing your weapon when you are doing that which - in my hood - gets people like the King County Sheriff interested in your behavior. Or at least it did the last time I interviewed him about OC. 

And of course the guy is there to video his saga as well. Holy fuck, the guy sounds like a whiny, self-entitled cunt. His voice alone would make me draw and pistol whip him.

Cops have a hard job.

If I were employed in a less professional capacity, I would probably make a video about a guy who OCs by duct-taping AR pistols to his hands. "YOU'RE OPPRESSING ME! OH MY GOD MY RIGHTS!!!!"

Also, here's the gun industry's lovable favorite grandpa on OC:

"I'M PERFORMING A LEGAL ACT"

Try number 2 and I had to stop it there. Jesus, there needs to be a high school course on how cops work, or something. If you are doing something suspicious like, I dunno, WALKING AROUND WITH A TACTICAL CARBINE AT PORT ARMS AT AN AIRPORT, the police have a responsibility to make sure everything is OK. That is literally their job.