Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

The insults you'll receive when you suggest that US soldiers were not well trained... And hell, when I say that, I make it clear I mean well trained on the M16 specifically, but it doesn't matter...

There was also "Project 100,000" going on during the issuance of this new rifle, so I'm sure that led to all kinds of unforseen issues.

"We played too much of CoD and designed this"

TALOS at SOFIC 2015.

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

Don't know why they showing it with that small plate. Is it body armor and carrier? That exoskeleton would be usefull to help to carry that armor and a lot of other stuff:

Sharepack cores are power generation units.  He either needs a LOT of power for something like a big radio, or he is the generator for his team.

War is boring also do a lot of not so good articles about Russian gear/vehicles. They are between "pop-history" and something like "objective view on things".

It strikes me as clickbait for a moderately informed crowd, the sort of thing that would've been catered to by that resounding imbecile the war nerd.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert on MC02, and I haven't read War Nerd's treatment of it, but I'm under the impression that MC02 was a huge wake-up call, actually, and led directly to de-emphasizing the carrier battlegroup in a conventional conflict.

War Nerd seems to think the carrier's days are numbered - I'm inclined to agree, to a point.

So could you be more specific in your criticism of him? Keep in mind, I don't read his stuff all that much.

The problem with MC2002 is that bit when General van Riper decided that the US needed to be aware of the threat posed by conjurers and necromancers.

Luckily the US doesn't fight against enemies capable of putting large Soviet anti-ship missiles on boats displacing less than the weight of the missile and launcher, conjuring targeting fixes up from the luminiferous aether, and claiming that these vessels are in fact perfect facsimiles of civilian craft, which aren't tracked and are therefore capable of being anywhere at any time. We also don't fight enemies capable of returning from the dead or using motorcycle couriers to relay uninterceptable, undetectable messages at light speed.

I see. That sounds very interesting, do you have any documents or resources for me so I can read further?

I'll have to work at it, a lot of it is hearing consistent stuff from everybody working near the armed forces I've asked. It's a real problem getting through all the articles that declare the USN cataclysmically vulnerable to 30 foot boats with Moskits on top. The annoying thing is there are vulnerabilities but it's not to that sort of thing.

QSZ-11, not much is known about it other then the fact only senior officers have been seen with them so they're somewhat rare, I also find a single stack design for a 5.8x21mm unusual but "shrug"

VyumPec.jpg

qbtO30F.jpg