Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I use Gold Dots because they are the most effective and humane ammunition that has a normal name.  If someone made a good round and called it "buttercup flower power low daisy bullets" and created a gun to fire them called a "Ray of sunshine and wafting willows gun" then I would buy them both.

My former bullets, Winchester Silver-Tips were derided, but I challenge anyone to deride any 40 Cal bullet.  Because, I choose them for stopping and not killing.  Heck - driven to it I hope someone survives if I have to shoot them - living people can learn from their mistakes.

However - when the attorneys are suing you for every dime you and your family will ever have, the name of the bullet you use will resonate and be said over and over.  The people seeking to ruin you will have someone testify that you use a Glock which is made of plastic and is designed to sneak through metal detectors, and they will testify that your shooting two rounds center of mass was a premeditated design to kill a person execution style, and they will read the name of your bullets as often as they can to get the jury to believe you loaded Black Talon baby killer rounds.  

Gold Dot sounds like a Walmart coffee maker.

I noticed I have my sidearm sitting on my work desk right next to me, and it still has Gold Dots.

22.jpg

So... You're telling me Meplat's carry loads would be Ill advised? That's no fun!

Ubi0IJp.jpg

But honestly, I feel that before being selected to serve on a jury or taking a job as a Judge, you should have to answer some very important questions, such as "Do you understand some very basic concepts of the subjects involved in this case?" or "Are you an idiot who lets emotions and scare tactics easily take over your sense of rationality or logic on massive decisions that could ruin someone's economic future, deprive them of their freedom, or in severe cases, even condemn them to their death?"

......Would really help alot.

"A jury consists of twelve people who were too stupid to get out of jury duty."

Treat every jury like they're the comment section of a website.

Or people too stupid to find a job they prefer to jury duty.

Honestly worse, I can't imagine being that unhappy a soul, but I doubt good judgement comes from there.

As long as they don't try to use 24 as precedent.

I've actually wanted to do jury duty (the naive belief that it's the duty of a citizen to take part in this basic and primary function government). I've been a registered voter for two decades now and have taken part in most elections. And have never once even received a jury summons let alone gone to the courthouse.

I've actually wanted to do jury duty (the naive belief that it's the duty of a citizen to take part in this basic and primary function government). I've been a registered voter for two decades now and have taken part in most elections. And have never once even received a jury summons let alone gone to the courthouse.

Move to another zip code with a higher crime rate.

Move to another zip code with a higher crime rate.

I've done the exact opposite as I currently reside in Snoqualmie, about two miles from the famous falls of the same name. Don't miss it one bit.

Although I do get to venture into my old stomping grounds such as my friend's BBQ yesterday on Beacon Hill where my ghetto senses were put to good use deciphering the sounds of a drive by shooting down below on Rainier Avenue. For those of you not familiar with Seattle's geography, the areas that I mentioned are - despite the ravages of gentrification - are locations where the economically disenfranchised continue to congregate.

Suburban friends who moved to the City: Wow. That sounds like a car backfiring.

Don: No. That's gunfire. Probably a handgun. Probably a low caliber revolver since there were six shots.

Friends: No. But they sounded like they were moving.

Don: It's a drive-by shooting.

I've done the exact opposite as I currently reside in Snoqualmie, about two miles from the famous falls of the same name. Don't miss it one bit.

Although I do get to venture into my old stomping grounds such as my friend's BBQ yesterday on Beacon Hill where my ghetto senses were put to good use deciphering the sounds of a drive by shooting down below on Rainier Avenue. For those of you not familiar with Seattle's geography, the areas that I mentioned are - despite the ravages of gentrification - are locations where the economically disenfranchised continue to congregate.

Suburban friends who moved to the City: Wow. That sounds like a car backfiring.

Don: No. That's gunfire. Probably a handgun. Probably a low caliber revolver since there were six shots.

Friends: No. But they sounded like they were moving.

Don: It's a drive-by shooting.

Yeah, I used to volunteer with project Hope on Mission Street Center in Seattle a few years back.  Heroin is the cities drug of choice, and it still makes a lot of pretty Seattle into sucky Seattle.  I worked with game designers in the city, and have friends at WOTC, and I just could not cotton the city.  I bought a house in Kittitas for a few years and drove to Seattle when it could not be avoided.

I got a different bit of it. Gunfire near the house meant drunken tourist hunters were too close. We had a few bullets crack windows while we weren't home, and the local C.O.s and police on ready to dial. Dad had to testify in court on one case.

I had to disarm a couple of guys who were hunting deer with an AR.  We kept finding deer run into the neighborhoods with 20 or 30 shots in them.  They would run about a mile and bleed out.  Finally tracked it to two guys.  One yelled at me that we were NAZIs because we were taking his guns from him.  The magistrate who fined them said he was not fining them because of the gun, but because anyone so stupid as to fail to get a kill shot in 30 rounds was too stupid to participate in a democracy, and he was hoping they would move to Somalia.

I had to disarm a couple of guys who were hunting deer with an AR.  We kept finding deer run into the neighborhoods with 20 or 30 shots in them.  They would run about a mile and bleed out.  Finally tracked it to two guys.  One yelled at me that we were NAZIs because we were taking his guns from him.  The magistrate who fined them said he was not fining them because of the gun, but because anyone so stupid as to fail to get a kill shot in 30 rounds was too stupid to participate in a democracy, and he was hoping they would move to Somalia.

I have no reservations in taking these peoples' guns away for life after stuff like that. A wounded animal can get freaked out and maul a person out of fear. A gun is a responsibility as much as a "right." If you're not up for the responsibility, then you're not up for a right granted to you by the state. I'm tired of doofuses making us all look bad.

These doobers used to wait by roads in the mountains and shoot at dogs. It was treated with fines and generally ignored until some Gomer shot a trained rescue dog a few days after 9/11. The dog was out of training, and had just gotten called to serve with first responders at the tower or Pentagon, so the guy really got run through the wringer. It really didn't help that he "mistook" it for a deer, and shot it in the head as the owner was walking it down a paved road.

edit: Because that first paragraph may seem like I'm trying to steer us into the debate we all hate by now, I'm gonna just end this on a higher note. I just want someone to give a 20th century version of this speech to hunters in our areas before they're allowed to go out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90TQGasjs0Q

I just hate idiots who wave their guns around and act all surprised when a police officer takes them down.  We had an old guy in district 2 who would take a shot once in a while at neighborhood kids playing in his yard.  They arrested him and each time the court case would be a circus of anti and pro gun rhetoric that had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.  Nowhere in that amendment does it say you have the right to bare arms and take potshots at kids on big wheels.

I also remember the guy in Lexington County - you can look him up but I cannot remember his name.  In ten years he has killed 6 robbers.  The guy hangs pictures of each armed robber he shoots in his store, and sends Christmas cards to the families.  He started doing that after he was sued for a million dollars the first two times he offed someone.  The last two times it was gang members who were handed the task of robbing him for initiation.  

The guy has spent nearly 100,000 dollars in defense fees.  He is the last remaining store in that neighborhood, and the only store in walking distance that accepts WIC so he won't close his doors.  

So, probably going to try and catch a few XTPs in various media (Water jugs, wet news paper, possibly other shit) to see how the 180gr 10mm caliber variant performs at approximately 1,400 fps (6" barrel). considering they're mechanically locked bullets designed to perform at virtually any velocity (according to Hornady's marketing claims at least) and Hornady has been around the block for some time, I except good results.

Welcome Meplat. That was an epic beatdown on the WoT forums. Well done. :)

It was along time coming. Cheeps is one of the few people I wish would stop wasting precious oxygen.

Got me a 3 day RO for my efforts, and noticed they left my second suggestion that he go forth and implode, up for near a full day.

Dairy farmer were I grew up used to paint the side of his holsteins with bright orange maring paint- "COW"..

Still lost a couple to what we called "Detroit Hunters".

I've seen horse owners post signs every 100 feet along their fence asking hunters not to shoot their horses. The COW trick is pretty excessive if one has to go that far.