Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

James Wolfe, Senate Select Intel Committee staffer, indicted on lying to the FBI about leaking classified material to the media.

https://www.scribd.com/document/381310366/James-Wolfe-Indictment-Senate-Intelligence-Committee-Leaker

This is probably an accurate list of who the reporters were based on the information given.

Reporter #1 Manu Raju at CNN
Reporter #2 Ali Watkins at NYT
Reporter #3 Marianna Sotomayor NBC
Reporter #4 Brian Ross ABC

After spending a year bashing NFL players for engaging in the rather mild form of protest of kneeling during the national anthem, our President now says he is considering a pardon for Mohammad Ali.  Anyone notice the inconsistency here?

Also, Ali's conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court in 1971 so there is nothing to pardon, but oh well.

3 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

I don’t recall any NFL players being charged with a crime for taking a knee.

That was not my point.  The point was that Trump gets attention for criticizing current athletes who protest while talking about a pardon for Ali, who was one of the most famous protesting athletes of all time.  It's hypocritial.  Not that Trump cares, he only cares that Ali popular now, everyone having forgotten why he was such a controversial figure during his fighting career.  

44 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

That was not my point.  The point was that Trump gets attention for criticizing current athletes who protest while talking about a pardon for Ali, who was one of the most famous protesting athletes of all time.  It's hypocritial.  Not that Trump cares, he only cares that Ali popular now, everyone having forgotten why he was such a controversial figure during his fighting career.  

You are trying to conflate unrelated things.

Also;

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/08/politics/trump-nfl-athletes-kneeling-pardons/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

I guess more important issue of the day is whether the Russkies will be allowed back into the G-7. (G-7+1?)

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/08/russia-g7-633705

“Now, I love our country. I have been Russia's worst nightmare,” Trump said. “But with that being said, Russia should be in this meeting. Why are we having a meeting without Russia being in the meeting?”

Despite paraphrasing the most famous line in Rambo III, I didn't think Ivan had a Top 8 economy no matter how you parsed it.

At any rate, it looks like the Eye-Ties are in favor of letting the Russkies back in. Although predictably the Brits and Cannucks are opposed. 

For some reason Politico interviews Arizona's irrelevant #NeverTrump RINOs along with Ben Sasse. 

4 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

James Wolfe, Senate Select Intel Committee staffer, indicted on lying to the FBI about leaking classified material to the media.

https://www.scribd.com/document/381310366/James-Wolfe-Indictment-Senate-Intelligence-Committee-Leaker

This is probably an accurate list of who the reporters were based on the information given.

Reporter #1 Manu Raju at CNN
Reporter #2 Ali Watkins at NYT
Reporter #3 Marianna Sotomayor NBC
Reporter #4 Brian Ross ABC

Reading the coverage on the story, the 58-year old Intelligence Committee Staffer Wolfe was engaged in "romantic relationship" with the (then) 22-year old Watkins who slept her way up the journalism food-chain by using Wolfe as an "unnamed source".

Despicable on so many levels. 

Edit: Oh, the guy was a Democrat staffer. This is my shocked face. 

1 hour ago, Donward said:

Reading the coverage on the story, the 58-year old Intelligence Committee Staffer Wolfe was engaged in "romantic relationship" with the (then) 22-year old Watkins who slept her way up the journalism food-chain by using Wolfe as an "unnamed source".

Sounds like real life house of cards.

1 hour ago, Donward said:

I read several articles and none of them mentioned a particular party affiliation.  All I found was that "Wolfe had worked under leadership of both parties since 1987, before abruptly departing the senate panel at the end of 2017."  I'm not trying to be snarky, I just am wondering where you read it.

6 hours ago, Donward said:

Impeach Trump! Trump's a Fascist!

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

Trump is re-elected in 49 state landslide victory in 2020

Jeff Sessons hardest hit.

I'm pretty damn surprised by this.  Surely the DEA will object?  I don't think Trump is in a position where he can just tell them to suck his dick.

This might be another one of his wedge-issue gambits.

1 minute ago, Collimatrix said:

Jeff Sessons hardest hit.

I think Trump regrets every single day choosing Sessions as his AG. Between Sessions recusing himself from the investigations and not vigorously prosecuting the prior Administration and allowing the Justice Department to slow walk every single piece of evidence that Congress is trying to uncover, to the fact that Alabama somehow elected a Democrat Senator to replace him, because the party shot itself in the dick by not picking Brooks OR Strange. 

Sessions is Trump's version of the sunk-cost fallacy because out of all the other imbeciles he's shit-canned, picking Sessions has actually done demonstrable damage to the Administration and firing him now would be an admission of such. 

Either that, or it's an elaborate game of 5-dimensional chess...

14 hours ago, Donward said:

I think Trump regrets every single day choosing Sessions as his AG. Between Sessions recusing himself from the investigations and not vigorously prosecuting the prior Administration and allowing the Justice Department to slow walk every single piece of evidence that Congress is trying to uncover, to the fact that Alabama somehow elected a Democrat Senator to replace him, because the party shot itself in the dick by not picking Brooks OR Strange. 

Sessions is Trump's version of the sunk-cost fallacy because out of all the other imbeciles he's shit-canned, picking Sessions has actually done demonstrable damage to the Administration and firing him now would be an admission of such. 

Either that, or it's an elaborate game of 5-dimensional chess...

Or perhaps Jeff Sessions, at least on some level, actually understands that the AG is not the Presidents personal lawyer and is supposed to uphold and follow the law. 

9 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Or perhaps Jeff Sessions, at least on some level, actually understands that the AG is not the Presidents personal lawyer and is supposed to uphold and follow the law. 

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It seems we're not the only ones with rogue elements of our intelligence agencies operating to an agenda of their own:  https://disobedientmedia.com/2018/05/cia-undermines-north-korea-summit-by-leaking-report-to-media-asset/

Good ol Sessions, doing his job to the best of his abilities..... Oh wait. The fact that so many blatant crimes have gone unpunished is proof enough that he is not doing his job.

12 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Right, so why don't I see Sessions bringing all administrations to justice?

58 minutes ago, Ulric said:

Russians trying to influence elections to cause turmoil in western alliances?! Sixty years ago that would have been newsworthy.

Up next, scientists predict that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

you don't find it disturbing that the seem to be wanting to influence the elections in favor of your candidate of choice?