Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Get out of here! This is a STALKER thread. I said come in!

Ulric

So, as you guessed, this thread is primarily for the STALKER series, including mods and what not, as well as STALKEResque games.

So, lets start with a screenshot from the Cordon in Lost Alpha 1.3003

K5aO4PW.jpg

I downloaded and installed the latest Lost Alpha patch. The last time I played Lost Alpha, the story line was poo, and in typical STALKER fashion, it was "buggier than a crack whore with the sniffles", to quote Yahtzee. However, it does deliver some of the best environments and game play atmosphere that I have seen in a long damn time. My first thought that I had as I was romping around the Cordon was the striking similarity to the 1979 film, in terms of the lush vegetation and terrain. They go on further to integrate bits and set pieces from multiplayer maps, other games in the series, as well as content that was cut from the original game during development. Remember all those highly detailed parts on your map that where just part of the satellite photo and not actually playable area? Yeah, those have been added in. Also, many of the original maps have been heavily reworked, and I would say improved.

5 minutes ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Metro isn't really the same as Stalker :( I was hoping for a more open world game but oh well.

Yeah. Although i like Metro games. As i said, there is a chance that they will go to open world route.

As much as they say that Escape from Tarkov isn't related to STALKER, the gameplay footage says otherwise. Almost everything about it feels like STALKER, from the hyper paranoid combat, the weapon handling, the corpse looting, and even the retarded and unnatural over emphasized ways that the trees sway in the wind.

14 hours ago, Ulric said:

As much as they say that Escape from Tarkov isn't related to STALKER, the gameplay footage says otherwise. Almost everything about it feels like STALKER, from the hyper paranoid combat, the weapon handling, the corpse looting, and even the retarded and unnatural over emphasized ways that the trees sway in the wind.

I actually disagree. Tarkov from footage i saw does have high-tension gameplay, but it is PvP for the most part and lacks open, narrative-based world that sometime generate a series of random events that create this unscripted atmospheric journey.

It feels like DayZ with different engine, no zombies and a lot of tactikewl swag added.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Is modding STALKER still a huge pain in the ass? I remember spending a day trying to get the Arsenal mod to work, but it would crash constantly.

That mod was really shitty. I found it easier to use separate mods on Oblivion Lost overhaul mod for stability. Arsenal mod sucked for that. 

I just found a mod for Lost Alpha and I installed it today. I had to get the 1.004 version of the game and not 1.003, so I'll be starting a new game soon. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/stalkershadowofchernobyl/mods/1023/?

Updates. 

Enjoying Lost Alpha in a big way. The map is easily four times as big as the vanilla game. Vehicles are back and actually serve a purpose. Mutants are a bitch. One wrong move and you're dead. Many more different factions to deal with. There are areas that require a ton of planning to get to. I give it a hearty recommendation. 

But only if you play on Master difficulty and with the damage increase mod.