Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The PLAAF and Airborne: a look at the past, present, and the future.

Khand-e

A full-size mock-up, presumably of a stealth reconnaissance-assault unmanned aerial vehicle, represented by China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC). Zhuhai, 11/04/2018 (c) Mikhail Zherdev

6120552_original.jpg

Spoiler

6120742_original.jpg

6121198_original.jpg

6121322_original.jpg

Full-size mock up of stealth reconnaissance-strike unmanned aerial vehicle XY-280 (data on the developer are not yet available). Zhuhai, 11/04/2018 (c) Mikhail Zherdev

6121485_original.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Judging by satellite images of the Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation in Xi'an, China, made in October 2018, in addition to the seven military transport aircraft of the PLA Air Force, another 13 aircraft of this type were observed at the flight test station of the airline.

6504193_original.jpg

In service of PLA AF^

New:

Spoiler

006FCqYVgy1fzwnffvof5j315o0of1kx.jpg

006FCqYVgy1fzwnfgas7tj315o0nqqql.jpg

Y-20 infographics:

Spoiler

c36ad67732f44e3cd4d32cc26781f9d9.jpg

Y-20%2BRange%2BChina%2BDaily.cn.jpg

bm2PuQgfjblcBU0hwaTBTJDj5Qmlg3ZCNkCBiq4lKjCAF3rf4H1aGCz3giNeOmBr10psBpP7kCLHzdfBh23TlOCCGTAsRa5ha3BdKwLVn0hhaBO4SeqB8kwQMOQAH_22

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo, lurker poking by. I know WT links and all are frowned upon here but I've been looking to find anyone who has more resources for the J-12 (歼-12?). I have a WIP post for it but literally every source is coming from a website (will be listing below)

What I'm particularly interested in are the documents (if any) where all these websites are pulling the performance figures from. It's a fairly intriguing lightweight supersonic that I just can't find much on. I did a quick cursory search on this forum to see if any mention of it was brought up but nothing came up either. 

Vn3lumI.png

Thanks

-Flametz

On 6/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, Collimatrix said:

@Akula_941 You know anything about this?

@Flametzmost of the information, history and data of J-12 comes from the chief designer Lu Xiao Peng(陆孝彭)'s Memoirs. You don't get documents,or any accurate source. The original report and stuff are no doubt still classified, that's how thing works here   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mr.T said:

Looks quite similar to Kratos loyal wingman , but it seems to be meant carry mostly air to ground munitions

https://naked-science.ru/article/tech/kitajtsy-skopirovali-potentsialno-revolyutsionnyj

FH97-China-XQ-58.jpg

FATLjIEXMAE4L13-1024x540.jpg

According to article this is still a mock up. Although i'm pretty sure a drone wingman is something everyone with ability to produce such things are working on.