Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
Khand-e

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ramlaen said:

Offering the M17 trigger as an upgrade/fix for the P320 was a genius move on Sig's part.

 

It was what they were always gonna do, they just couldn't keep it covered up like they wanted.

 

SIG has known about this issue for months, they lied to the Dallas PD, lied to the consumer, and I would be pretty unhappy with them if I owned any of their handguns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

 

It was what they were always gonna do, they just couldn't keep it covered up like they wanted.

 

SIG has known about this issue for months, they lied to the Dallas PD, lied to the consumer, and I would be pretty unhappy with them if I owned any of their handguns.

 

Yeah, but of course SIG fanboys won't be unhappy, nothing can ever be wrong with a SIG SAUER! firearm and any claims to the contrary are just fake news!

 

The funny thing is, if this happened to another brand like god forbid Glock or FNH, you'd never hear SIG fanboys shut the fuck up about it and how they should've bought the perfect gun known as the gun name by SIG SAUER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khand-e said:

 

Yeah, but of course SIG fanboys won't be unhappy, nothing can ever be wrong with a SIG SAUER! firearm and any claims to the contrary are just fake news!

 

The funny thing is, if this happened to another brand like god forbid Glock or FNH, you'd never hear SIG fanboys shut the fuck up about it and how they should've bought the perfect gun known as the gun name by SIG SAUER!

 

That sounds a lot like the crap coming out of Glock perfection fans to be honest. I couldn't care less about the P320 or Sig really, I am just happy the army is buying a good handgun at a good price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm too busy having fun in the 7.62 rifle rfp comments section to even get excited about the sig slap fights... 

 

The current tard I'm sparring with started out white knighting for the m14/m1a until i thoroughly beat his skull against the pavement enough for him to realize he wasn't gonna win...

 

Unfortunately for him he then decided that my first performance was a fluke and took to championing piston AR's instead...

 

I'm now completely convinced that Achilles heel is a gravely misunderstood turn of phrase / concept amongst the people of the dumb....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

 

That sounds a lot like the crap coming out of Glock perfection fans to be honest. I couldn't care less about the P320 or Sig really, I am just happy the army is buying a good handgun at a good price.

 

The late, great Todd Green had a thing or two to say about quality control in major handgun mfgs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, Collimatrix said:

I'd be hard pressed to buy a "new" Glock (or any "new" handgun).

Having worked in the industry, I simply don't have much faith in modern QC. Too much "our projected failure rate is.." versus "make sure they go bang when they are supposed to ,and no other time.".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, Collimatrix said:


TLG had specific horror stories about his time at SIGARMS.  In one example, one of the Ron Cohen's underlings floated the idea of making a less accurate barrel so they could then  sell the existing OEM barrels as an extra-cost upgrade part.  Todd also fought to make the SRT a standard offering across the P22# line.  It literally would not have cost any more than the legacy action parts.  However, this was shot down as the SRT could be marketed once again as an extra-cost upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is a long shot but here goes

 

I had a pdf from ARL or dtic or brl which had i believe a publishing date of between 2003 & 2008 which was at least 60 pages (but under 200 I'm fairly certain) which i appear to have lost and desperately need back.

 

So, I'm going to give a description below of what it was about and then prostrate and put myself at the groups mercy in the hopes that someone will pity me and help me get another copy!

 

So the document was a report on the designing building and testing of a master control interface for all of the accessories etc mounted to a rifle with an intelligent rail type setup. (Basically a fancy foregrip / high emd flight simulator joystick) 

 

I do not remember what they actually called it or etc, but I've taken to mentally referring to such hypothetical setups as an assault rifle HOTAS (IE it's basically the rifle equivalent of a fly by wire sidestick hands on throttle and stick setup)

 

As repayment for any help anyone can give me getting this pdf back, and just plain to contribute to the site, I'll be posting in the next few days a summary / table of contents post and link to an open google docs repository of interesting pdfs that I'm currently populating organizing and writing the posts for which I'll be putting in each of the appropriate document dump topics. I've done my best not to include repeats, and each of my posts will be brief. basically they'll just contain the link, which folder to choose, and the table of contents list with a 1-2 sentence description of what each file contains. I'm also doing my best to make sure file name is just the letter prefixes for which organization's report it is and the report number so people don't download stuff they already have.

 

If anyone knows of documents which cover similar or related subject matter (aka anything covering the aim-lock prototypes, the TRAP remote sniping rig, ANYTHING PCAP especially if it has dimensions etc, anything JHMCS related AR/VR/HUD stuff whether infantry vehicle crew or aviation related, earpro/augmented capabilities in audible infra and ultrasound, haptics/synthetic senses/exoskeleton/performance augmentation of any kind and the computing etc resources to make this all happen, and all things optics/optoelectronic/i2/"ir"/hyperspectral/mmwave/celldar related and man portable or weapon mounted I'm extremely interested in too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 6:18 AM, D.E. Watters said:


TLG had specific horror stories about his time at SIGARMS.  In one example, one of the Ron Cohen's underlings floated the idea of making a less accurate barrel so they could then  sell the existing OEM barrels as an extra-cost upgrade part.  Todd also fought to make the SRT a standard offering across the P22# line.  It literally would not have cost any more than the legacy action parts.  However, this was shot down as the SRT could be marketed once again as an extra-cost upgrade.

 

And look how suspiciously quickly they had a fix on hand for the P320 drop safety problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×