Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Movie tanks and terrible Vismods

2 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Good lord, I had not heard of this film before.  What a load of shit.  It's based on a book by Sven Hassel, so you know it's going to be crap.  Apparently, it's a ripoff of the Dirty Dozen, only German style.  The characters in the movie are from the  "The 27th Penal Panzer Regiment".  Now, I'm pretty sure there was no such thing as a Penal Panzer regiment.  The Germans did have penal battalions, but they certainly were not issued tanks.  Of course, the SS were happy to have criminals in their ranks.  But I suppose a movie about the Dirlewanger Brigade wouldn't make for a fun war film about plucky misfits on a secret mission behind enemy lines.

Although to be an accurate Dirty Dozen, only German style movie, all of the characters will have to be based on Telly Savalas' half-crazy/half-rapey Archer maggott. 

I'd still cast Jim Brown though for the Lulz...

I like the World of Tanks pub-style tank battle.

1 hour ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Here is some comedy gold.

Speaking of, the Nazis are the ultimate pubz of war-making, losing the Battle of the Bulge even though they had a regiment of Cold War era m47 Patton tanks...

12 hours ago, Jagdika said:

Fake M26 Pershings, M4 Shermans and Type 97 medium tank. These fake Type 97s' chassis come from SU-76 SPG.

These look similar to the vehicles used in the movie Assembly, which is available subtitled on Youtube. I enjoyed the film overall, and thought they did a pretty credible job with the tanks, to be honest. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...