Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Competition: A Fascist-Slaying Clandestinely-Produced SMG

Collimatrix

• 2 weeks later...

I'm willing to call this one a fizzle.  I know at least one other poster had preliminary models in the works, but they're still some distance off from realization.  If anyone has ideas on why this didn't work, I'm all ears.  I honestly expected it to be a hit.

Me 3.  I was expecting all sorts of craziness. I was looking forward to judging.

:(

My first feeling when competition started was "Competition is not crazy enough, not enough space for imagination to interest people. I am bad at guns so i will not participate or judge. And it is so specific, it is just about some nearly common-type homemade SMG, only several members will bother to do that. Probably Sturgeon, maybe Toxn and 1 more, but that all. Well, at least it will be interesting to learn basics of SMG design".

My first feeling when competition started was "Competition is not crazy enough, not enough space for imagination to interest people. I am bad at guns so i will not participate or judge. And it is so specific, it is just about some nearly common-type homemade SMG, only several members will bother to do that. Probably Sturgeon, maybe Toxn and 1 more, but that all. Well, at least it will be interesting to learn basics of SMG design".

I am nothing if not predictable.

I warned colli that might be the case.

I don't think four months spacing is needed, two or three would be sufficient.

One thing we really need is to have people other than the "old guard" of the site get involved. Maybe stick a notification at the top of the forum when a new contest is ongoing (not sure if the board software permits this).

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...