Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Aw, I've always thought the ones I've seen in pictures and in person were pretty cool-looking. I like guns with distinguishing features, and the MAS 36 and 49 certainly have that compared to many contemporaries.

They're so pragmatically military that I could even imagine soldiers issued them feeling a bit depressed about how little their government cares about them. They're the rifle equivalent of those cast orc swords from the Jackson The Lord of The Rings movies.

Now, functionally, it's a really great gun, but it doesn't really give off a warm or cultured feeling. It feels like a cog made for a great industrial machine.

KORD

Duv0FmOw730.jpg

With tripod, i guess this is NSVT Utes:

JOtZHErKtec.jpg

o6ycIbPJ1_4.jpg

KSVK-Kord

qodxsgY33uI.jpg

Can anybody ID this sight?

sLsjAj_aB24.jpg

It would be interesting to see how well Glock feeds this ammo:

X1hkMn76XHA.jpg

Sako TRG rifle, AFAIK.

BG8aXUpK-nY.jpg

AS and SR-2 Veresk with Zenit grip

zmthJM8PsMY.jpg

9A-91 (?) and SR-3M Vikhr

9DqX2de4Kbo.jpg

That is Art Alphin, who also started the A-Square rifle company.  Most of the A-Square wildcats were designed for use on heavy/dangerous African game.

I have seen this video before, but others may get a kick out of it. A gravelbelley LtC sets up a Totally Fair and Unbiased test between an AK, an M16, and an M14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZsbRxjuFwQ&ab_channel=Sqour

Yup. No surprise that the African big game hunter wants a bigger boolit. He had to have known that forcing the M16 and AK to shoot full automatic, and without a sling, would cause this result, even if they were compared with the same weapons shooting on single shot with a sling. Unless there's some historical context I'm missing, I can only conclude that he was an M14 fanboy who was blind to his own biases.

I wonder what he'd say had he been present when I made repeated hits with a 16" barreled AR carbine at 900 yards...

Yup. No surprise that the African big game hunter wants a bigger boolit. He had to have known that forcing the M16 and AK to shoot full automatic, and without a sling, would cause this result, even if they were compared with the same weapons shooting on single shot with a sling. Unless there's some historical context I'm missing, I can only conclude that he was an M14 fanboy who was blind to his own biases.

I wonder what he'd say had he been present when I made repeated hits with a 16" barreled AR carbine at 900 yards...

How big was the target?  And what optic?

Pretty badass shooting with an AR, nonetheless.