Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Pfft, my future soldiers will hit targets out to 1200m+ easily even with a terrain disadvantage, without optics.

Unimpressed.

It might be time to stock up on dem Hornady 5.45 rounds:

5tUroV6.png

Here's the link to SG Ammo's page for it, coincidentally they have the lowest prices. I've contacted them to see if what they have in stock is indeed lacquer coated. Waiting on a response. If Hornady maintains production of this lacquer coated stuff at such fantastic prices, 5.56mm will become all but dead to me.

For those not in the know, polycoated or zinc-coated ammo is much less weather resistant than the lacquered stuff, which is virtually impervious to the elements. It's a big enough deal to me that I'd written off the Hornady 60gr 5.45mm ammo, despite the load being really quite good.

Now if only I had anything chambered in 5.45

Oh well, I can still fanboy over hot loaded cartridges with Hornady XTP bullets I guess, which are a hidden gem many people have yet to discover for some reason.

It's important to have weather resistant ammo for those long treks from the SUV to the bench rest at the range.

*Evil grin*

*Sips tea*

If there was ever a post that needed a Hornady XTP fired it's way......

Dear Sig,

Please stop cutting corners and make an actual semi-auto 550 for the US market. The 551A1 is shit. The 556 Xi is a boring AR competitor. Make something people actually want and make it great.

Thanks,

A Guy Who Owns Only Sig Pistols

1438044768596.jpg

The guy on the farthest right seems as confused as i am 

"Comrade, why are we making a combat jump in our colors?"

"I get we're trying to look all impressive and stylish with our sleek uniforms, but maybe you should leave the latter out of the frame next time, that way it might seem like we actually were brave enough to make the 2 foot leap onto grass" 

1438043536718.jpg

Comrade, where is your star?

This is not a punishment unit, better find proper headgear before you end up in one!