Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Youtube general?

Vanagandr

• 4 weeks later...

And now for something unusual and wacky.

The subbing work on this version of the video is fantastic.  As for the cartoon itself, it's astonishingly complex, with excellent transitions, shading, and dynamic motion

That was THE most trippy, surreal, psychedelic interpretation of Stevenson's tale, as if Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Monty Python were combined into one....

Was searching for Soviet animation and this came up. How have I never seen this? This is absolutely incredible and I'm only 10 minutes in. I'll be watching the rest of this studio's work for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 9:38 AM, Toxn said:

Someone has a few points and a generalized hatred of EE and Pierre Sprey.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LazerPig/videos

I wonder who this guy is?

Edit: a bit of digging shows that he's a dude who goes by ricewynd on (ugh) reddit and has been banging around their history/tank forums there for a while.

Nice to see some attempts to push back all those Wehraboos shit on the net.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Toxn said:

In retrospect, this is definitely the wrong thread to have asked this in, and I phrased my question poorly.

Attempt 2: Why do micro organisms just “fall apart” immediately after they die? Do the forces or biological processes, that occur when they’re alive, maintain their outer layer? Being a novice, I would think it’s similar to larger organisms where it just stops maintaining itself after death and decay is more gradual, as the bonds between all the molecules eventually fail over time (or are broken down by a scavenging creature). Maybe that’s just my engineering student brain trying to make sense of weird, stinky organic stuff by comparing it to machines and/or macro biology. 

(should probably move this discussion to somewhere more appropriate, but I’ll let someone else make that decision)