Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

What are we playing?

Back to Grissom base. This is going 3rd attempt to take it, heh. I'm re-playing previous battle (save file), as it was a really bad failer.

rCZheBP.jpg

It's like this game wants me to fail again! Kurochnik is back to try to kick my ass 3rd time. My plan is to break his plans and win, hehe. In previous attempts Alexander managed to capture more uplinks than we did, so this time more emphasis will be put on aggressive land grab in early parts of battle. Not sure on details, SGB both times managed to work around my attempts to survive, so we need to win based on overal operational superiority. Another problem with previous attempts was my reliance on defensive posture inside of Grissom base, we need to make a move outside of build-up areas and push harder on open parts of this battlefield.

Spoiler

x9Bkg28.jpg

Yes, going for unusual composition of troops. This amount of infantry will allow me to grab more uplinks while also being immune to frequent use of EMPs, that Kurochnik shown during previous attempts to secure Grissom AB.

HbLSP9G.jpg

Instead of gunships i'm calling artillery, so infantry will have more reliable support against ground units. Slower speed of infantry will allow SPGs to cover them and be able to catch up while not being affraid of Sheptsnaz SPAAGs, unlike Cheetahs.

KZJ8p2h.jpg   Badgers are moving to do their AA work against those cocky Kamovs.

Here we go again:

Spoiler

eMRN9tB.jpg

Go away, Kamovs!

AYiHHh2.jpg

Tanks are coming in, apperently. Infantry is rushing towards 2 uplinks, while Delta is already being worked on.

CE0YtdI.jpg

Grenadiers are rushing towards Bravo uplink, while SPGs are covering them. 

6N6iQiA.jpg

Alexander went for early Foxtrot grab.

BTVWFgJ.jpg

As SGB is working on getting F, i went to Lima, Cheetahs are scouting area around it. We need to keep those aggressive actions coming at Kurochnik.

W3I196F.jpg

SPGs and Cheetahs will take care of that squad of cannon fodder, will clear a path to Lima for Kommandos.

jAYCnMn.jpg

Bravo is ours, Shpetsnaz just started to capture Foxtrot. T-100s are pushing towards Foxtrot, looks like it became a staging area for SGB forces.

2dXp7sf.jpg

Ogres are moving towards areas near Lima with gunship support. This is an attack, we need to counter it. 

2tve42x.jpg

SPGs are relocating away, Badgers are covering their exit. Grenadiers will be left near Alpha point, as it does have some cover.

0xqh3HF.jpg

2 platoons of T-100s are attacking us, but thanks to barricades their advance is limited. Marksmans already started to shell them.

F6dPebi.jpg

Infantry survived hostile artillery barrage well, APCs took minor damage. This attack means Alexander brought at least 1 team of KV-20s.

mcQjxfQ.jpg

Kommandos are in bad spot - they can't get out as they will become exposed, but in current place they are also under concentrated fire. Currently giving them an order to fire sniper rifles again Shpetsnaz members that jumped over walls ruins and rushing in.

Nni5tE9.jpg

Badgers managed to shot down SGB's CAS, but Kommandos are now even in bigger problems as KV-20s' shells are starting to connect with buildings, in which our SFs took cover. On top of that Ogres are using their flamethrowers to burn them inside of it.

hgTB4to.jpg

Very heavy casualties from this concentrated fire. It's like SGB went berserk with this squad.

BAsqGcH.jpg

Our artillery rounds arrived to those armored beasts. Cheetahs are trying to distract Ogres from Kommandos, but it is probably too late, they feel an easy prey.

hZDYqPz.jpg

Another team of Kamovs are rushing towards our positions, Badgers are ready to meet them.

yrPNXkN.jpg

This looks like an attempt to restart previous attack - Kamovs are being supported with BTRs and infantry squad that occupied building near damaged section of wall. Ogres are firing on Badgers, as LOS was established.

bf6dL86.jpg

1 APC is lost, but we are still holding our positions.

uRH7h9t.jpg

Kamovs are trying to get deeper into our part of base. Badgers are moving back to deal with them, while Cheetahs are not giving easy time for Ogres.

pIPceqv.jpg

Kamovs are now mixed in with Cheetahs, heh. Badgers are under artillery fire, but they are still trying to render Kamovs dead.

IcSbZmN.jpg

This is a moment! Cheetahs have a free pass towards enemy artillery, i should not be THAT much defence-minded.

sy5yzjs.jpg

Especially because T-100s are out of action.

Raid behind castle walls:

Spoiler

tj2NEAe.jpg

A group of Shpetsnaz engineers are moving from Foxtrot to attack us. If we will defeat them, Foxtrot point will be easier to take. Badgers were taken out by their RPGs, but we have Grenadiers nearby, so we still have AA coverage in central part of Grissom base.

NLLrAGP.jpg

Cheetahs found their prey - Zhukovs were hiding behind ruins. We have little time to do something, as BTRs are rushing back to get KV-20s out of this situation. Meanwhile our Kommandos are now out of action.

ARbAc6U.jpg

After firing missile barrage also ordered an airstrike on them. Zhukovs are nearly defeated.

nnkkcOi.jpg

Another squad of infantry trying to rush our positions. First squad of engineers is down, time to concentrate all our firepower on second one.

AnNtuoO.jpg

I SAID ALL OF OUR FIREPOWER!

RpJ9shk.jpg

Results of MRLS strike observed from Grenadiers position.

icPdUfw.jpg

B2acq1X.jpg

Didn't even managed to get inside of this hangar, haha.

ZEqa63X.jpg

Well aimed airstrike (guided bomb) managed to take out BTRs. 2nd squad of Grenadiers are rushing towards Lima point to take it. We have 4 uplinks under our control so far, more than SGB. Plan is working, and so far it is working pretty well.

98wWI3R.jpg

New team of SPGs replaced heavily damaged one.

sxuv4M6.jpg

Using our missiles against Zhukovs was more important. Command truck is pushing here to support my troops near Lima, as those SPGs are shelling them.

1drnT1f.jpg

Cheetahs are nearly broken down, our own SPGs are reloating closer to reach those KV-20s.

GmycZTn.jpg

Grenadiers from 2nd squad are defeated by artillery strikes, but at least CV is now here, it can try to tie Kamovs.

riYejdA.jpg

Our gunships were shot down by missile salvo of Kamovs. At least CV and SPGs are starting to push Zhukovs.

ol6l7Kl.jpg

Close range attack by command truck, should force Alexander to rethink positioning of those SPGs.

Nearly there!

Spoiler

Kg3lTYL.jpg

Grenadiers sneaked to Foxtrot under all this combat outside of base taking all attention of SGB commander. CV is still acting as distraction and pressure enemies there, if needed it will be sacrificed to give time for rest of troops.

mo9bOM0.jpg

CV is distracting Kamovs and i am moving it away from F point.

pon9Uxm.jpg

Grenadiers are taking shelter as Russian army soldiers are engaging them.

OrWZrEl.jpg

Fresh reinforcements of SGB is arriving.

zbfP2hy.jpg

Finally Kurochnik's troops managed to take out my command vehicle.

UAb3btn.jpg

Badgers are moving in to counter this horde of gunships, with help of airstrike we should be able to do some serious damage.

x7ukwNs.jpg

2nd team of Kamovs is running away, first one is under our fire. Alexander's troops are limited in numbers and have less control of situation.

PHVtpA7.jpg

Damn, another EMP.

8GcmuwK.jpg

Kamovs are trying to use a moment, but we area nearly captured Foxtrot. After that point battle should be going in our favor.

D6b2BOD.jpg

After we took Foxtrot Alexander went with WMD strike path. A pic made 1 nanosecond before explosion.

zzD3fAk.jpg

3 or even 4 KIA units.... this is terrible, but there is no path back. We must continue.

6XaiDSy.jpg

Called more gunships to support grenadiers and additional Badgers to have good AA coverage.

ri6kzU2.jpg

Gunships are now engaging Kamovs to give time for Grenadiers to get to next uplink. As SGB troops are taking Lima, i think Zulu is empty, and it is now our next target.

Xjpwmfn.jpg

Lima is in their hands, but we still can get on top of this battle.

2zGVGqo.jpg

SGB troops are spotted near Zulu, Grenadiers are re-orientated to Lima point.

IWNaLdQ.jpg

Cheetahs are clearing Lima to secure Grenadiers.

AYEllQd.jpg

BTRs are pushing here, but we managed to rebuild our force. Time to try again to get on top.

No other way, no other attempts...

Spoiler

Nmk1yhN.jpg

Cheetahs are trying to attack SGB while they are near their own LZ. This will help to soften them before my main troops with clash with them.

d6mcsbI.jpg

Cheetahs are continuing harassment attacks, it give time for SPGs to get on firing position.

bkRLMEx.jpg

Lima now is in our hands. We need to hold on for 5 minutes to win this fight.  Enemies are now trying to dislodge us from Lima, i called airstrike on assault troops and SPGs are helping out with Shpetsnaz AFVs.

L4QESbb.jpg

All my troops are closing in to area between Zulu and SGB's LZ. We need to hold our ground and not allow Alexander any space to maneuver.

VcKLjUm.jpg

BTRs and infantry is now trying to assault our positions. Badgers are already on place, 2nd platoon of Panthers is too slow to get here in time. At least first one managed to show up for main bloodshed.

bPMSlEB.jpg

Cheetahs found target, but those T-100s have AA HMGs. Still, we should try to separate them from rest of SGB troops that are trying to assault Lima. Panthers finally are near Lima, helping to fight back.

60CBt0N.jpg

l4ztFob.jpg

Rz0dURu.jpg

One by one, we will smash you in pieces!

iG1RUvD.jpg

Run away, Ogres!

Qt7DTbX.jpg

LcIc6uQ.jpg

pnFo7bp.jpg

YES! EAT SHIT, KUROCHNIK!

jWa7N8K.jpg

Results:

Spoiler

87pu2pl.jpg

This is probably the worst victory i had. 4 units KIA. 20 minutes of fighting and lot's of effots put into micromanagment... not going to replay this 4th time, hehe.

2NzXDY9.jpg

And we continue our campaign against SGB forces after very hard battle on Grissom AB where we lost 4 units in single battle.

vXFyu9u.jpg

We managed to push SGB out of US on our frontline and EU troops conducted a land grab in Northen Europe. Now SGB troops recovered from this failer and launching an operation to drive us back into the cold waters, our battalion is tasked to counter this attempt to dislodge us and secure Rondane pass.

Spoiler

wjw7IkR.jpg

Hey, our good old enemy - Savilov, is back to annoy us. Unlike Kurochnik this commander is less aggressive and overal somewhat less... competent. His tactics don't work too well on this map (but thanks to highest difficulty level he have sharper planning than in previous campaigns). My plan is to take F-L-S line of uplink and engage Shpetsnaz troops in one big central fight. Zulu point will be left uncaptured to avoid triggering Defcon phase for as long as we can.

1mciwft.jpg

I need to train SPG crews, as we lost artilery veterans in operation earlier. Rest of deployment is rather usual, with exception of using Kommandos-Grenadiers combo to increase spead of taking uplinks.

z1Z9aWg.jpg

2W0TT3W.jpg

xq3pAOf.jpg

Badgers are moving to central area to cover our Eurohordes from air attacks.

x7Cepqm.jpg

SGB's BTRs are moving to take Bravo now.

bg9Rbpu.jpg

Grenadiers are upgrading Foxtrot while Kommandos are moving to Lima. UGVs to defend F are already deployed, usefull against attempts to raid us with gunships.

First clashes:

Spoiler

p8XOlPr.jpg

Cheetahs cleaning areas near Hotel from Russian human waves, while other troops are moving to their positions.

m2lh787.jpg

Fyodor reacted - now BTRs, Zhukvos SPGs and T-100 tanks are moving towards Zulu area.

ggP5wLw.jpg

Artillery is clearing village near Zulu to secure space for our troops to move around.

Q6mUciD.jpg

BTRs arrived first and their are getting all our attention as a result.

aE7sYcH.jpg

Opportunity to defeat BTRs as our artillery managed to take out 2 vics. Cheetahs are starting to fire at those things to not let them to get away.

IACai3M.jpg

EMP disabled our gunships and Badgers. This can be a problem, but at least Marksmans are active and they are putting a lot of pressure on BTRs. Badgers were dealing damage to Kamovs, EMP gave a chance for SGB helicopters to survive a wrath of out SHORAD.

GxclyQU.jpg

T-100s are now getting to parking lot of those hotels.

oojZ5s1.jpg

BTRs and Kamovs are retreating, while T-100s are now fully in contact with my units. Badgers are in trouble, they need to fuck off.

BMV5jWP.jpg

3UeQjzL.jpg

SPGs are way near those tanks, but at least T-100's attention to taken by Eurohordes.

nYb6jF4.jpg

Cheetahs waited for a moment, and when SPGs destroyed 2nd tank they are now jumping in, will try to destroy them.

JaW0nLx.jpg

T-100s and Kamovs, that tried to cover their exit, are defeated. Zhukovs are visible on road to hotels, deploying their guns.

Small road, lots of dead:

Spoiler

2n6Tqig.jpg

Nothing now is blocking us from attacking SPGs. BTRs dropped infantry squad and left, so we can try to make life of KV-20s shorter.

DI977Sg.jpg

-1 SPG, but that group of Shpetsnaz soldiers are getting too close to gunships.

QF9zklL.jpg

Uhhhg, those AA flamethrowers. Cheetahs can't chase SPGs, as Kamovs are flying towards us to cover KV-20's retreat.

gLJFzpl.jpg

Badgers are ready to Kamovs visit. Microwave weapon attack was just completed.

GCG1e6p.jpg

They are finished.

WdLN47P.jpg

Now Cheetahs can try to destroy KV-20s, again. Savilov's artillery tried to shell Badgers, so we had to take action, even if Fyodor put infantry team and BTR SPAAGs to defend them.

t5ujyS0.jpg

Our attack choppers after dropping missile salvo on SPGs are leaving area as BTRs are way too close. Instead of them Panthers will continue to apply pressure on SGB troops here by charging their positions. Our own SPGs this whole time were shelling Shpetsnaz engineers near Zhukovs.

fnZjAmZ.jpg

Enemy artillery is finished, but now BTRs are actively trying to get Badgers killed. Our APCs lost 1 vic already from missile launched by Russian transports.

Y32tEUd.jpg

Engineers are also defeated, but Badgers lost another machine and forced to move back. BTRs did a good job with prioritization of targets.

NJoDO0c.jpg

Panthers were without AA coverage as BTRs were pressuring our own SHORAD, but now, after BTRs are retreating, we can move Badgers back. Panthers lost 2 tanks to Kamovs that exploited this moment of our MBTs not having AA umbrella over them.

La4PZcu.jpg

Wolfes are trying to get to Zulu, but Cheetahs found them in the open.

3Vqm2Z7.jpg

Badgers are out of action, as combined attack of Kamovs and BTRs near Bravo managed to find a good angle on them. Panthers now are easy prey for vultures with ATGMs. Understanding that my small assault group is effectively defeated Kommandos and Grenadiers were moved to village, which will become my stronghold and where my SPGs will be positioned.

41H4tCf.jpg

SPGs were positioned here to support assault team, but as it failed it is time to move back, under protection of infantry. About 8 Kamovs are working on tanks and they will need only few seconds to start fire at SPGs.

Ec7d7kT.jpg

Panthers are out of action, but SPGs managed to start their retreat in the last moment, heh. Cheetahs are doing everything to cover their exit, as well as Grenadiers that are positioned on the edge of village and are firing at infantry that tried to sneak into village itself.

5Pdwyyl.jpg

Missile attack against Kamovs to force them to drop their attack on 2nd group of SPGs. Kommandos currently are entering building to take positions and add their AA firepower to cover Marksmans.

ajJlTW4.jpg

2nd team of Kamovs is firing at Cheetahs, while our gunships are trying to shot down Kamovs, which are engaging SPGs. Kind of long chain, but i can't move helicopters back as SPGs are more important for operation. 

zchjKNJ.jpg

After Kommandos finally started actively fire at Kamovs, Savilov decided to move away. Now our infantry is concentrated on Shpetsnaz operatives, that tried to move in from Delta point. SPGs still moving to their new defensive firing positions. I expect new "phase" of battle - we lost initiative as we no longer have good attacking units on the ground. We need to prepare for defensive fighting until we will get reinforcements.

Artillery stronghold:

Spoiler

do5YRPs.jpg

Infantry units are located on the edge of village facing to Bravo point, with SPGs taking positions near them, so enemy gunships will not have a good place to attack them without getting fired back from our troops. Cheetahs now are acting as scouts and QRF, if needed. Let enemies now come to us.

WtVfsfC.jpg

That infantry unit that tried to infiltrate village tried to find a new way in, but got caught. All 5 units are now focused on single group of Shpetsnaz soldiers. They are fucked if they will stay here.

7gi7zm7.jpg

In the same moment a group of Kamovs are scouting Sierra uplink. Savilov probably decided to drop plans to capture Zulu and is searching new place to grab.

CCXmzOo.jpg

Infantry is running back, BTRs probably will try to provide some sort of armor to those soldiers against artillery shells fragments. We managed to get resources to call reinforcements, so Badgers were called in to support us.

mBz2t9L.jpg

Now BTRs are under artiller fire. In their current position, we are controlling big chunk of central zone. 

LmrjAse.jpg

Good opportunity to unload our missile at Kamovs paid off - one team of choppers is less for Fyodor.

URUHzKv.jpg

Infantry squad didn't managed to jump in BTRs in time, they are also done.

gxkgj0B.jpg

BTRs continue to eat rounds from our Marksmans artillery guns. Kamovs are actively probing defence of our improvised stronghold, Kommandos are not shy to use weapons to push those vultures away.

UYbfEVF.jpg

And Cockroaches are now also out of action. Our plan is working so far rather well.

ccRPwyH.jpg

And Savilov is also aware of this, he tried to do at least something against our SPGs. Kamovs decided to enter zone covered by Grenadiers and their AA missile in attempt to fire their missile salvo at SPGs. 1 vehicle is lost, but unit is still combat capable. Cheetahs are rushing to drive Kamovs away, didn't expected this type of rather desperate actions.

EWZ6XkX.jpg

Kamovs are running away, with minor damage, another team of gunships is trying to attack us from other angle, head-on.

DUSrTMJ.jpg

But Badgers finally arrived! Now we can use this moment of lack of ground units on SGB side to chase those things away...

vmtJwK6.jpg

...and away...

8JCRSsi.jpg

... and away!

YB10ajp.jpg

Cheetahs also added their own missile strike to futher drive our point.

Attack!

Spoiler

CgB363p.jpg

2 Badger units are on the ground already, we are working on guards of Alpha point.

ZRosmth.jpg

Wolfes found themselves very close to our Badgers. Although those Shpetsnaz operatives and guards of Alpha point managed to shot down Cheetahs, we probably should retreat and wait for reinforcements.

4jAbWx2.jpg

Our SHORAD are moving back and launching missile at chasing Kamovs.

FVJxmwg.jpg

We are back to positions from which started our raid, under protection of SPGs. SGB troops are rushing forward in attempt to secure their LZ.

mFA4nZo.jpg

Attempt to attack was met with AA missile attack that shot down 2nd Cheetah. Called EMP on those guys, will help us to defeat this formation of counter-attacking troops.

lfQIPEy.jpg

In the same moment i ordered Grenadiers to hack Delta, but not take in under our control. In this way we will deny resources for SGB commander, but not diretly trigger WMD exchange.

vCLuf2u.jpg

Badgers finally downed that team of Russian gunships. We can work on others now without much of problems.

l5mXz6w.jpg

Delta is not neutral, Grenadiers are moving to take positions in forest nearby. SPGs damaged those SPAAGs pretty well, Cheetahs have their ATGMs ready. We need to stomp them before tanks arrive.

bemSWPE.jpg

BTRs are out of action.

5GOHT4Q.jpg

And Cheetahs as well.

Wd83AXh.jpg

T-100s decided to move to my troops through Bravo in attempt to find a good angle on Badgers. Panthers are moving forward to shield our APCs from Ogre MBTs.

FqfjMWg.jpg

Panther's armor now is taking fire from T-100s, while Badgers are charging forward to take out Kamovs, who may try to attack my tanks.

2xZBzpG.jpg

7GvFUXQ.jpg

Kamovs are smashed, T-100s are under concentrated fire of 4 units and are also very likely to get destroyed.

j0GgJJH.jpg

LmhxX0B.jpg

Evac choppers are taking survivors. Counter-attack failed for Savilov. What he will do now?

The final act:

Spoiler

CHq6BvQ.jpg

Infantry spotted moving from SGB landing area.

0dfTUGG.jpg

2ar2HY8.jpg

ZwlWnSy.jpg

Kamovs arrived and attacked Badgers with missile salvo, but thanks to having 2 units we can take this attack and still be capable to fight back. Panthers are working on Alpha point guards that were left alive by Cheetahs in earlier push to SGB deployment zone. Currently Grenadiers are also de-capturing Bravo to deny even more resources to Savilov.

ecdZYgh.jpg

qUzjExL.jpg

Huh, apperently my attempt to deny Bravo to SGB triggered Defcon phase. WMD are going to be used, for sure.

Ogn8TJ2.jpg

4 units in 1 hit, wasn't prepared to get nuked. 

OIVAjlU.jpg

Yet, we have our own big boomstick.

Vxc1V26.jpg

hyUV14g.jpg

Result:

Spoiler

oHGoBZd.jpg

Damaged team of Badgers was killed by WMD strike. At least that wasn't a veteran unit, so this casualty isn't a hard to recover from.

After our victory in operation to secure a mountain pass EU forces managed to get to a Rovaniemi military base.

09x49Sy.jpg

In this operation we will have only air support, while SGB can bring Regular army troops.

Spoiler

9joZhui.jpg

In this operation our enemy is Georgiy Sokolov, capable leader of SGB troops that are attacking this base. Our task is to secure over 50% of uplinks or eliminate all enemies. My plan is to take all uplinks on our side of base and then conduct big attack on Alpha point to capture it and win battle after 5 minutes of EW dominance. Alpha point is located near runways, so that area should have enough space for AFVs, while other parts of this battlefield are pretty tight for vehicles and don't give them good opportunity to use their firepower to full potential. 

onjGKe9.jpg

I'm using Kommandos-Grenadiers combo yet again, to increase speed of land grab.

nhSi9q8.jpg

This map is rather big, so artillery here probably is not as efficient compared to fast-moving units like gunships, thats why 2 of them were deployed.

9fo53Rp.jpg

Russian army cannon fodder is rushing to runway, they will work as a shielding for SGB forces that will hack Delta point.

6UD5Cio.jpg

And here are fully-upgraded BTRs, rushing towards nearest uplinks inside of military base.

RtkrhcY.jpg

First firefights:

Spoiler

SNLhv95.jpg

As BTRs were spotted near central area of military base, Cheetahs are on free hunt for Russian Army soldiers outside of it.

npOJfgF.jpg

Another glimpse of those SPAAGs, moving around to scout areas.

MGBfJrN.jpg

Cheetahs now are helping to secure our right flank, maybe useful in the future. Main troops are being deployed - 2 platoons of MBTs and CV for a support (although it is "fresh meat" and doesn't have all cool upgrades).

EXKHo0I.jpg

Kamovs didn't liked our attack of Russian troops nearby and decided to act. We are meeting them with missile barrage and microwave energy weapon attack from Badgers SHORAD. Battle for control of military base began.

Battle for Rovaniemi base:

Spoiler

ofdISrb.jpg

Badgers and Cheetahs have upper hand in this firefight, but looks like Sokolov is using this moment to bring infantry to Alpha point. He managed to take 3 uplinks already, compared to 2 under our control.

Mnb6dlT.jpg

Zhukov SPGs are spotted inside of military base. They will be a problem if not dealt with appropriately.

YkRaDEF.jpg

Cheetahs tried to find an angle on KV-20s, but Sokolov is sharp - BTRs and more attack helicopters are dispatched to shield their artillery.

VhpDcxd.jpg

BTRs managed to sneal AA missiles at Cheetahs, 1 gunships is shot down. Main forces are now arriving to start critical battle to shatter SGB forces.

0a3dnP8.jpg

CV is supporting tanks with its UGVs, we are pushing forward to get to KV-20s.

tnhONqB.jpg

Kamovs are going for tanks and don't get distracted by CV.

DDyCdFo.jpg

Badgers were moved slightly forward to push Kamovs out, but they became target for other SGB troops.

wZyGtyf.jpg

Now badgers are moving back to get out of fire and leave space for Panthers to attack rushing Shpetsnaz soldiers and AFVs.

lQDZsro.jpg

T-100s are driving to this firefight, and Cheetahs will have a way to get to KV-20 SPGs.

aJI2nAb.jpg

Panthers were moved on right runway to attack BTRs and give Cheetahs chance to destroy SPGs.

0ajKClh.jpg

Powerfull EMP disabled ALL my AFVs on the groud and Georgiy used this moment to launch missile attack from both Kamovs and BTRs against 2nd team of Cheetahs, killing all of them. This is terrible situation - i didn't expected that Sokolov will go for upgraded EMP and will have resources to use it.

7AUrFd0.jpg

Missiles attack from 1st team of my gunships took our BTRs. But rest of troops are still combat capable. Ogres are equipped with AA HMGs, they can put some fight against our helicopters.

LEXIEWw.jpg

Cheetahs are retreating after losing 1 more helicopter. Rest of troops are still disabled and Kamovs are starting to take advantage of this situation.

Oskc9yZ.jpg

Things are only getting worse as KV-20s also using this EMP effects to shell bunched up troops.

0E6Qvt9.jpg

8ULd2Oh.jpg

Badgers are out of action, Panthers lost 3 tanks so far. Vehicles regained their ability to move and fire, but enemy is closing in. Command truck is firing laser against Ogres that drove by too close to it, but this is unlikely to stop their platoon.

NiQ1e7T.jpg

1st platoon of Panthers is defeated as well...

TDJifuW.jpg

Enemy is using a fact that we don't have SHORAD and defeated 2nd platoon of Panther MBTs. 4 units are out of operation with 1 of them being KIA.

HfBz0rj.jpg

I'm trying to get CV out of this massacre, drive to infantry unit that could act as AA cover.

SH12mll.jpg

Tanks and gunships defeated command vehicle as well. This attack was utter failure.

Survival is my responsibility

Spoiler

vnvYJ10.jpg

Now we are in deep shit - my troops are just 4 units dispersed around whole frontline, while enemy have more units and managed to take initiative. I need to rethink how to get out of this situation. Enemy will probably try to attack rest of troops if they are close enough or/and capture Alpha point. Grenadiers are placing minefield on one of entrances to Sierra point in order to make UGV's work easier vs infantry attack.

yaOywdi.jpg

Eurocopters are scouting location of enemies. As Alpha point is still not captured, i am really waiting for hunting party to arrive here, search and destroy and shit like that.

s9SInQU.jpg

Kommandos are loaded into Badgers and i'm going to try to flank enemies and take Delta, while Grenadiers were positioned away from uplink, but still capable of seeing one of 2 entracnes to Sierra server hub. Infantry unit with CAS is moving to it.

g5idHLI.jpg

Kamovs are attacking UGVs near Sierra, to clear it for infantry to hack computers inside of S. Cheetahs are waiting for a moment to attack.

l2yUi39.jpg

As this team of Eurocopters are also "green", they don't have HOT missiles to dump on those Kamovs. And looks like SGB artillery also joined clearing of Sierra.

WfWbRsf.jpg

Badgers are skimming edge of battlespace to get around runway where 4 of our euroweaklings units were crushed by mighty fist of Shpetsnaz lead by Sokolov. I'm really sneaking now, frantically searching for enemies near and far through binoculars.

Xu3LoIl.jpg

Cheetahs moved back. I'm thinking here how to use those troops as efficient as possible in such situation... Georgiy have artillery, somewhere in the middle of base. If we will start to grab Delta, he will react and shell us using those things. Cheetahs can be used to at least lure or destroy them, but main body of enemies was unseen for some time and i have no idea where they are. Alpha is still not being hacked, so they are probably searching for us. 

JlAGAIf.jpg

Decided to use Cheetahs as scouts and try to lure as much enemies away from Delta as they could. Main formation of SGB forces is now leaving military base and going to Sierra, where i suspect Georgiy is going to hunt down Grenadiers.

KcZq0Xt.jpg

Artillery is near their demise, but Cheetahs have not high enough damage output to do anything against them, as SGB troops orginised serious escort with infantry and tanks.

StPK4bY.jpg

Grenadiers continiue to launch AA missile agaisnt Kamovs, who are now moving back. Badgers are in contact with Russian conscripts, who managed to survive on right flank Cheetah's fire.

raTTAmG.jpg

This contact could be bad, as Georgiy now knows about flanking troops before they managed get to Delta point.

ytqf9cQ.jpg

Grenadiers are leaving their positions, as Kamovs spotted them and KV-20s guns started to speak their anger in form of HE landing near our engineers. Cheetahs after taking casualties are retreating from battlefield.

7Igv0X1.jpg

Damn, Sokolov for sure have eyes on us. Badgers were dropping Kommandos when Russian jets conducted a gun run on us. On top of that now SGB is hacking Sierra...

LM0Pv1j.jpg

BTRs are moving to our LZ in attempt to catch Cheetahs, i had to use airstrike to stop those things from chewing our gunships. I can't deploy too many ground AFVs because of artillery and EMP (Sokolov for sure now have enough resources to use another powerful EMP against Enforcer corps vehicles). On top of that enemy started to hack Alpha, situation is critical

014OBQ6.jpg

lBM3E3y.jpg

Kommandos are in bad spot - T-100s with support of Shpetsnaz operatives are rushing to Delta in order to take it back, as we managed to grab it.

ezJn4WS.jpg

2 AFV platoons are going here, this flanking raid is fucked.

m1vhPK7.jpg

This situation is helpless, time to unwrap our WMDs.

dOIgv9V.jpg

Still alive!

Spoiler

UDv3LwC.jpg

2 teams of KV-20s SPGs are now back inside of base. We can try to do something against them, as Sokolov is moving them close to our LZ.

e3V9p0y.jpg

Kamovs using their missiles to do some damage even before air battle starts between them and our gunships.

Z7NeJRO.jpg

Gunrun was called on artillery.

XIWnAqP.jpg

SNat8iW.jpg

Delta is still in our hands. We Crashed Yankee uplink, so if we will manage to take 1 more point, we can start victory clocks and use EW dominance to secure this battlefield in 5 minutes.

mKaW1Aw.jpg

Badgers moved team of Grenadiers from Sierra uplink to Whiskey. Will try to take it.

P11afHJ.jpg

Team of Shpetsnaz operatives are entering base from SGB LZ side, they will probably go for Delta grab.

fd58GPp.jpg

Can't really attack those, as SPAAGs are nearby.

Q0Df1F1.jpg

Yes! we started clocks... but damn it! Sokolov launched capture of Foxtrot and Delta uplinks in the same time.

O0Y5k4W.jpg

oooOOH FUCK

QNLxW6k.jpg

pp3crx0.jpg

And WMD strike on top of our troops...

tmdwnCg.jpg

I have no clue how to get out of such bad situation. At this point we can only kick and scream before getting our heads crushed by SGB heavy armor.

Hope dies last.

Spoiler

mK7lyH5.jpg

Enemies are very close to our LZ, Georgiy managed to cut pathes to different units in diferent parts of this map.

6VA4OXR.jpg

BTR's missiles found another team of our Eurocopters. I'm trying to bring in some ground troops to at least push enemies from Foxtrot and Lima points, thats why artillery makes sense - it have range to get to both without moving much.

Imeq9Dq.jpg

As only wheels of last SPG truck touched the ground SGB dropped another EMP strike. For fuck sakes, even if infantry was brought here they would have been take out by airstrike instead of EMP. Now i know what previous commanders were feeling when they were LZ massacred.

DlVHAlT.jpg

Well, our troops were EMP'ed and used as practica targets for Russian Air forces.

hBItZa0.jpg

Cheetahs found Zhukovs, and at least we can try to take them our before going down. Badgers were also EMPed.

28BzVms.jpg

Only 2 units are active. This is complete defeat, but i'm not done. Grenadiers see enemy engineers rushing towards Whiskey, we can try to fill those guys with lead.

zXJ6dSN.jpg

Cheetahs are almost done with Zhukovs. Surprisingly Badgers are still alive, i called more grenadiers and tanks in attempt to do at least something against SGB troops. We don't have some of our special attacks as Sokolov's operatives took almost all uplinks.

MCjxn1V.jpg

Another airstrike?

jggJ2K2.jpg

Take that, you assholes! Apperently that airstrike missed, we didn't lost anybody from it.

UBTbJ5y.jpg

BTRs arrived, Cheetahs need to get out. Only 3 minutes are left and enemies are taking 2 last uplinks - Bravo and Whiskey. This is now unwinnable, for sure... god damn it.

SLP0oQY.jpg

Shpetsnaz operatives found a good cover - behind server hub building itself. Grenadiers are ordered to rush and take those guys out.

OfKMrqR.jpg

Kamovs are joining this attack on W point. 

NV71Jb2.jpg

Another EMP and Badgers were taken out. Enemies took blocking position overlooking road to Sierra point.

EBZDf9j.jpg

Grenadiers are engaging enemies in close combat, where we can use our special short range attack.

0buxw9L.jpg

Shpetsnaz engineers are now firing their flamethrowers at tanks, they will start shell them with RPGs shortly after. Uplink is protected by Guards as well.

mUrf7wK.jpg

Grenadiers are very near uplink, but overal situation is obvious - we are totally smashed by Shpetsnaz. We have noability to break through defences of Lima uplink in remianing time, i don't even start talking about 2 more. At this point i left this battle, was so angry that i didn't even made a screenshot of results, heh. 2 units were KIA. Sokolov managed to get on top as he was sharp with his tactics and fast to react to changes in situation.

Back to the save files!

50z4Gu9.jpg

Trying to replay this mission. Hell, SGB really wants to make me fail this operation. Kurochnik is back to man-handle me, apperently. My plan is similar to previous, but i will bring more infantry to take more uplinks, we were rather close last time to get to victory. We are going to central zone and put more effort to attack SGB inside of military base. 

Spoiler

JHYYzWU.jpg

We are bringing more infantry to grab more land in first stages of battle.

4Y6eyeH.jpg

JrrBex6.jpg

Enemies are spotted, and yet again those are Kamovs.

First contacts:

Spoiler

kcwvxiM.jpg

Cheetahs are clearing areas near Delta and Zulu to prepare them for probable assault of our infantry in future.

MsQg1Nu.jpg

6sECWaK.jpg

Grenadiers are rushing towards Foxtrot. This time i will try to use mines a lot, and if battle we go in same way as previous time (becoming almost like partizans in later stage of operation), they will help to soften enemies.

nhvBOey.jpg

BTRs are clearing SGB's right flank from Eurohordes.

NiS4uTm.jpg

Meanwhile we are clearing our own right flank.

PTRMrtf.jpg

Grenadiers are pooping minefields now everywhere, heh. Entrance to Lima is now double mined.

cB0BMxN.jpg

Badgers are picking infantry to haul them to next position.

a04r1pT.jpg

Cheetahs are scouting central area, strange to see no SGB troops here. What Alexander is planning to do?

tbSHyNA.jpg

Airstrike is called on BTRs and infantry team nearby. Grenadiers are placing mines on crossroads to secure Foxtrot from possible push through back allyes.

WOrAXEq.jpg

2 Kamovs teams are flying on enemy side of battlespace. What is going to happen now? I'm not sure what SGB is planning to do, their actions are a bit weird.

Fighting for military base in full power:

Spoiler

9gMayib.jpg

Artillery started to shell Eurohordes, Kurochnik is probably going to launch assault on our troops.

xOsVwxe.jpg

Both teams of Kamovs are moving it. In the same time Zulu is being hacked, so this is definitely an assault.

okxz8hy.jpg

Eurohorde is killed, but i called an EMP on those choppers.

ob2GOhz.jpg

Now we can have our trigger time.

Vzf9kN2.jpg

-1, we need to finish second one before BTRs arrive from Zulu.

7jQ3KYV.jpg

Done, time to Cheetahs to get out of range of SPAAGs. Panthers and rest of AFVs are now near this area, so we can overpower SGB in this area.

xhcQgdQ.jpg

Now BTRs are under fire of Panthers MBTs.

0HsL4es.jpg

Kurochnik called airstrike on our gunships. 

WeH7zV8.jpg

xTPFcL7.jpg

BTRs are out of equation. Another AFV unit is coming here from Zulu point as well.

VSCmG5q.jpg

Those were Ogres. Cheetahs are trying to soften them up before they will get to our MBTs.

ne5Zrx7.jpg

God damn those AA flamethrowers.

AiiZQ1g.jpg

Another Eurohorde killed, but we already managed to defeat number of enemies anyway.

phvWp0N.jpg

2nd hostile AFV unit is making their way to this firefight.

KMasFz2.jpg

Alexander is using airstrikes to compensate for lost CAS gunships. 

43BqDY5.jpg

Ogres are retreating after losing 2 vics. 2 more AFV units are visible near Zulu, one of which is KV-20s SPGs.

CZMw0kS.jpg

uNHR0ge.jpg

Looks like SGB troops retreated under protection of SPG long range fire. We need to push back a bit and concentrate on taking uplinks.

Forest tourists:

Spoiler

bgcXj9d.jpg

Kommandos that were moving towards W point found a group of BTRs, rushing to Sierra uplink.

ShHGVEs.jpg

Kommandos are moving away from BTRs, i used them to sweap area between Sierra and Whiskey to allow Grenadiers a secure path through forests, as infantry is more likely to be found here than vehicles. Guided bomb strike is called on those SPAAGs to destroy them faster, Shpetsnaz infantry is probably inside of those heavily armored transports.

1xZhne2.jpg

0iD7jqO.jpg

After BTRs left our Grenadiers found themselves under fire, including sniper fire. BTRs managed to drop light infantry team here, so Kommandos were moved back to cover our Engineers.

nBreLxM.jpg

03rGIcp.jpg

While we were busy with forest guests Alexander's troops captured Alpha hub. I'm going to Crash Zulu point to restore EW balance.

e9kB7FO.jpg

lmj8F3a.jpg

Tanks are now pushing our forces near hangars, Badgers need to move away. Our gunships will try to get behind enemies.

7DE4oAI.jpg

A moment before being killed by those damn AA flamethrowers. Ogres dropped this whole "kill SHORAD easily" deal and chased our gunships, as we were closing in to SPGs.

nmKNMl7.jpg

Reason to attack SPGs now is that they are shelling engineers, as Shpetsnaz operatives are now acting as artillery spotters, and they are also camouflaged well enough that i don't see them to organise an attack against them.

c2m8GQ1.jpg

iXoK8in.jpg

Gunships are trying to find an angle to attack. Called another guided bomb strike against T-100s.

k7RHo4M.jpg

sdzzWBz.jpg

Kurochnik managed to take out both CV and defeat heavily damaged tank platoon with his own airstrike.

1NuGTW5.jpg

Gunships are trying to get in as 1 platoon of Ogres is taken down, but second one arrived to cover SPGs.

XIYtgZI.jpg

Sadly gunships can't be here for long, infantry team is nearby, and 2 more AFVs are closing in from Delta point.

Flip flop:

Spoiler

4TvZOSc.jpg

Engineers near Bravo took positions inside of air traffic control tower, which gives good observation. Shpetsnaz infantry squad is rushing to Bravo, but they are now under fire of our Grenadiers. In the same time Kommandos are cpaturing Whiskey point. In general sitaution is near breaking point for us - we have only 3 active units.

edf8qyI.jpg

If SPGs were left alive, we would lost this battle for sure. Also, we don't have troops concentrated anywhere, so we can use WMDs easily.

juuCOGA.jpg

Heh, minfield worked this time.

TUJA1X1.jpg

Hope those guys will also get exploded by mines.

945sX4M.jpg

Cheetahs are now trying to destroy SPGs, as they are light on defence troops. Kommandos near Whiskey are under pressure from SGB infantry.

H4sV39H.jpg

Kommandos could take out those footmobiles, but Ogres showed up. Our infantry is now in trouble.

kSFumLh.jpg

Almost done with 1st SPG unit, but Kommandos were defeated. Only 3 minutes left, but i'm already feel we can't hold our positions. We need to do everything to maintain our positions.

5YHgDSw.jpg

Kurochnik tries to take Foxtrot uplink, while our gunships were pressured away from SPGs by 2 teams of freshly arrived Kamovs.

8PiyRiY.jpg

4 active units, with Grenadiers rushing towards Delta (but way too far from it), 2nd team being near LZ and Badgers supporting them. Alexander's troops are located mainly on the edge of military base and in forests. His infantry is near Sierra point and is already capturing Foxtrot. Situation is getting out of control, for sure.

TXeDHgn.jpg

EMP was used to disable single team of Badger APCs. I guess SGB side accumulated resources to drop them on our troops, even one by one.

7yZKXW5.jpg

Zhukovs, even after losing some of vehicles in their units, are still in battlefield. Badgers are down, leaving me with 2 active units currently.

SD3OYms.jpg

I'm trying to bring Cheetahs to take out enemies and be mobile enough to counter their actions. Grenadiers are under artillery fire, so our gunships are taasked to press Kamovs away from them and break LOS.

FUjMNMZ.jpg

hXMmOCC.jpg

We could kill those things, but T-100s are back with their AA HMGs and Cheetahs are heavily damanged.. damn.

70LYK7z.jpg

Airstrike didn't took our those vehicles. Now we have 1.5 active units and Foxtrot + Whiskey are being hacked now, so in few moments situation will became total shit for us. Huh, infantry unit that tried to get to Sierra still didn't started to hack it as well, i guess those minefields did their work. 

At this point situation is obvious - i have no forces to bring us back from pit of losers. Did everything that could be done during operation, and angrily left this mission. Hel, even forgot to take a screenshot of results, yet again. IIRC 1 KIA unit this time. Somthing is not right about my tactic, even if we are reaching to point of starting victory clocks, but i'm getting to that point with serious casualties and can't hold on captured uplinks. 

Attempt N3. This time i will use experience of 2 previous tries and put together a plan to defeat enemy.

uRCXSZO.jpg

Upgraded protection of Badgers, as previous times number of Kamovs used was enough to be a problem. Also, i plan to use less gunships as SGB have pretty good AA capability with fully moded BTRs and Ogres tanks, which mean more unmolested Russian gunships buzzing over our troops.

Spoiler

EOewNsB.jpg

Kurochnik is back to cause me more butthurt over previous tries. Fucker is good and aggressive just enough to be capable at grabbing victory from our hands. This time instead of gunships i'm brining SPGs and lots of infantry. Slow speed of footmobiles allow to SPG to keep up with our troops. Seeing how minefields near Sierra helped to deny it we are also brining Grenadiers, to spam a lot of mines to fuck with SGB forces.

06nnDHO.jpg

JO310ug.jpg

0lEAbHZ.jpg

Moving inside of military base and already placed minefield here, in case of being flanked or needing to retreat.

First contacts:

Spoiler

C79LBxI.jpg

Badgers and Cheetahs were called in. Gunships would be QRF and scouts/spotters for artillery, Badgers will work as SHORAD for SPGs mostly. Marksmans are currently shelling Russian conscripts, using MRLS pods to maximize damage output, as we have some time to reload them before first serious enemy ground troops will appear.

IL4mxBg.jpg

Cheetahs moving to central area to find targets to shell.

Bw3YEIe.jpg

Kamovs are busy slaughtering Eurohordes. They could be a problem in very near future.

1z40R55.jpg

Exchanged!

TdTVkC1.jpg

Under "they can be aproblem in very near future" i didn't thought that it will be 10 seconds after i said that. Kamovs are trying to attack SPGs, our gunships are firing their missiles to pressure Russians away.

DOz5jbi.jpg

BTRs are outside of base, problably clearing area to allow flanking attacks through forests.

3s8QSNT.jpg

Badger arrived to stomp SGB attack choppers.

yU1bCfm.jpg

Kamovs are killed, but enemy now knows where our main forces are and we should expect another attack.

Shield and rapier:

Spoiler

cSgOaz6.jpg

And here is Alexander's attack - BTRs are moving from outside of military base walls to compund inside, driving to area occupied by our SPGs. Artillery already started to shell them, Badgers will try to screen artillery trucks from those SPAAGs.

NCsRTKF.jpg

Cheetahs are flying closer to BTRs to attack them and to scout what is near them, as i expected more troops. T-100s are slowly moving towards base entrance, but at least no other Shpetsnaz unit is supporting them.

m0POup8.jpg

BTRs are done. Knowning that those Ogres have AA firepower, ordered gunships to find an angle to spot those armored beasts for artillery, but without getting too close.

fK4Sogu.jpg

LOS lost to tanks. Not sure where they are, but i see somthing right next to a wall.

B86xdYC.jpg

T-100s managed to get in range to engage Badgers without getting spotted, probably should have tried to use other place for Cheetas to provide eyes on them. 1 Badger is lost, rest of them are moving to cover while SPGs are shelling enemies. Infantry that was near Foxtrot is moving to cover and prepare to stop tanks if they will push futher.

CTZYRUi.jpg

EMP was used to hold them for some time for artillery to damage them and for Cheetahs to prepare their HOT missiles. After EMP effect ended, they used their AA flamethrowers against our gunships, but we paid back.

ufxwSt4.jpg

Almost done, but now Cheetahs are under fire of Kamovs that arrived to cover T-100s retreat.

Jp0GyUA.jpg

Badgers were rushed to attack Kamovs. Looks like enemies are near Zulu and Alpha is empty of ground troops.

leSGTvs.jpg

Badgers were ordered to retreat and get out of battle. Gunships got different order - to move as far forward as possible, will use air support to take out Kamovs.

GiembQk.jpg

Kamovs are out and, as i expected, Zhukov SPGs are here. Our attack helicopters should have easy time to smashing those things.

wUHZzyP.jpg

Kurochnik's engineers are nearby, we need to take out KV-20s before they will manage to get under protection of those guys. Our own SPGs are already sending their payload to those vics.

EPjMocI.jpg

WVyZqjE.jpg

Time to get away - engineers tried to get to positions to attack our gunships, but were too late. 2nd team of Badgers was called to replace team that is nearly out of battlespace. In the same time Grenadiers are rushing to Alpha to grab it before SGB will recover and put together another assault.

xVPxEqz.jpg

BTRs arrived to pick up engineers from Zulu to move them somewhere else.

QiLg4dv.jpg

Umm.. somewhere else appears to be Alpha point. Grenadiers are covered by server building but i still ordred to them to move away, artillery strike is going to be called on BTRs. We must take them out ASAP, before they fully dropped all Shpetsnaz engineers.

IMVAjBR.jpg

7oTOZay.jpg

Kamovs are rushing to support BTRs, Kurochnik didn't expected me here, it appears.

Wo1iVJr.jpg

Cheetahs are attacking Kamovs in attempt to drive them away, as our SHORAD didn't arrived yet. At least we managed to hold on Alpha point. Things in forests outside of base are heating up - Grenadiers are moving back to Sierra after getting under fire, while our Kommandos are breaching Whiskey point, occupied by SGB troops.

Point of contention:

Spoiler

ZERIHUi.jpg

2nd platoon of heavy armor tries to breach area near Alpha point, they are supported by infantry. SPGs already are targeted at those armored and heavily armed things.

9ofFz3z.jpg

Meanwhile Kommandos have Naked gun situation with SGB Uplink guards.

maxresdefault.jpg

0qQPNRW.jpg

Cheetahs are shielding Alpha from Kamovs, pushing them out. SPGs continue to shell tanks.

l9xLMXD.jpg

2 Ogres are destroyed, rest of MBTs are moving out of base now.

koz751s.jpg

Grenadiers are again under small arms fire, so we are moving away of possible source. 

SJz0tni.jpg

Tanks are defeated, Whiskey is cleared from SGB troops. Some SGB personnel is left near Alpha - infantry squad that are now our own MBTs fire.

Fn0Py4g.jpg

CY8aI5K.jpg

New attack is comming at us, Alexander really wants this uplink.

MToORfR.jpg

Artilley rounds landing on BTRs, target is being spotted by engineers that garrisoned a building near Alpha. Called UGV defence for uplink, should be deployed here shortly.

imE5Qzf.jpg

Whiskey is captured and EW balance is now shifted in our favor. Grenadiers were defeated with combined attack of Kamovs and light infantry, so Kommandos are now alone to defend W.

4BGLb6f.jpg

Alexander crashed Foxtrot point to bring balance to our EW capabilities. 3 units are visible near W point, this is not good for Kommandos inside. 

3wTyVdW.jpg

Artillery is shelling troops near Whiskey and Kurochnik decided to answer. Called airsupport to take out Kamovs and give some breaving space for our infantry.

gJv4gRM.jpg

Vultures are out of action. 

Melting snow:

Spoiler

xP3VDdQ.jpg

Of course, WMD strike. It took out 3 units, but main "chain" is still ok - tanks, SHORAD, helicopters.

k34HhUK.jpg

Kamovs are trying to use a moment and take out Panthers. Badgers are too far to get here in time, so another air support AA attack was called. We need to survive this moment and deal as much damage as possible to not allow Kurochnik to outnumber us.

fuYLTzm.jpg

Kamovs are out, but looks like SGB is assaulting Alpha yet again.

aRbVLuC.jpg

Badgers are moving away from BTRs, seeing how Kamovs are flying directly towards our MBTs.

XJR0Xqa.jpg

I need to swap MBTs and APCs location, so tanks could take care of SPAAGs and Badgers will be able to stomp gunships.

H4MrzjV.jpg

BTRs are defeated, Badgers are nearly finished Kamovs. Panthers lost 1 tank, but still battle capable. Kommandos left Whiseky point, i will leave them deep in forests so if needed they can raid W, partizan style.

DdcCFBf.jpg

Kamovs are out as well. We are pushing forward to drop our own WMD on enemies on SGB LZ. Big-ass Tarantula transport helicopter is visible and it means that AFVs are arriving. I brought more Grenadiers and Badger APCs to haul them.

An987UY.jpg

Excellent. Also, now i have 2 gunships units as QRF.

nIV0f1T.jpg

Whiskey is being hacked, time to try to raid it. After some thinking i also decided to bring SPGs, even if they are non-upgraded units. Regular army recon unit is visible near W point.

OJuCFQd.jpg

Our troops are parked between D and Z to try to affect Alexander's decision making. Gunships are not doing well against enemies near W.

VLv5Ptc.jpg

Heh, i expected that those vehicles are moving somewhere, this is a bit unusual place to place them. Thanks to them damaged team of Cheetahs is out of action.

VEcyNOU.jpg

Kamovs sneaked ATGMs at Panthers, taking 1 more tank. Badgers missile were not enough to stop them from doing this sneaky punch.

wWfL4yF.jpg

Taking our Kamovs is important, they should be landed to secure deployment of our SPGs.

rRXLWiK.jpg

Ohh, that is bad. At least Kamovs are out.

SCOxUOh.jpg

nYQCDJs.jpg

Our troops were ordered to move back to Alpha, while guided bomb was called on advancing BTRs, that took out our SHORAD/APCs.

uyIOnro.jpg

Bravo is now in our hands, we need to capture one more point to restore out EW dominance. Tanks are retreating, while 2 more platoons of MBTs are moving to central area. SPGs already working on enemies. Overall we recovered from WMD strike and now can continue to do our mission.

Fireworks as ending:

Spoiler

PztuGND.jpg

BTRs rushed to SPGs near Alpha, using a gap in our defences after MBTs moved back from D-Z line.Badgers are rushed to counter-attack BTRs and cover Marksmans retreat to cover.

M0BWLaY.jpg

I also use this moment to attack a platoon of T-100s that wanted to join this SPG-hunting raid.

mkVh0HU.jpg

One of SPG batteries already is shelling Ogre MBTs, but they are located so close to them.

ei5Atc6.jpg

Trying to find a good angle to attack those SPAAGs through ruins is not easy, sometimes need to get way to close.  

RKxbz5x.jpg

Badgers unit under number 10 is still capable to do their work (sort of), while unit 6 is defeated, but still didn't realized this, heh.

kg8rBL1.jpg

I thought that we were done, but survivors of Shpetsnaz operatives that were inside of BTRs managed to get out and find cover. Marksmans and Panthers are already working on those guys.

Kk4ly76.jpg

Done. Another team of Shpetsnaz soldiers is visible near Zulu, we should gun down those guys until they will get to some defensible place.

Yb7vwFW.jpg

KTxNh0C.jpg

9adxhsL.jpg

Done. Gunships will scout what is happening on SGB LZ now, after this assault formation was shattered and stomped to death Kurochnik should bring some sort of reinforcements.

8pc5TXs.jpg

Heavily battered pair of T-100s is only thing i see here. Gunships should be powerfull enough to destroy them.

BWiJ6sc.jpg

iGtY6EH.jpg

Sierra point is being hacked, so i know where one of last units of SGB are. Kommandos are going to take Whiskey in order to distract any other units Alexander have under his command.

0SUBBjX.jpg

Well, this is unusual for me - tanks were caught in a minefield.

26oQBDF.jpg

Panthers will overwatch entrance to military base from SGB LZ just in case. Cheerahs are moving to locate enemies.

fGBQi8M.jpg

Missile barrage is not enough to do something against those guys. I will park Cheetahs outside of their range and wait until Kommandos will take W back, so we can call serious airstrike to gauge Shpetsnaz Bears out.

RlhtcJx.jpg

Engineers are going to eat a guided bomb.

YXMdH8a.jpg

Yes!

txsitEX.jpg

cs8X37Z.jpg

Fucking finally!

Results:

Spoiler

Nb9kySx.jpg

JJmVfo3.jpg

Mb5KlBV.jpg

At least no KIA this time.

rtwcb4j.jpg

Just 1 battle left.

O8myonI.jpg

Because of save files abuse W/L ratio is not representative. We lost as KIA 9 units, which is a lot. European are truly weaklings.

Last battle:

i82vpiI.jpg

tvk0GqD.jpg

Spoiler

j5FvmlB.jpg

We have only regular army support, no air support (sadly).

L2zG0zI.jpg

Yuri Tankaev is my opponent this time. He is rather aggressive and likes to use T-100s a lot. We need to secure our side of cost and force SGB troops to attack through middle bridge, to concentrate firepower on attacking AFVs.

6nBZktT.jpg

2 infantry units to capture uplinks with SPG and SHORAD to attack enemies in first stage of battle. Not sure about southern corridor, but we should take Zulu and at least put UGVs on it. I'm pretty sure that Yuri will try to flood us with armor via bridge instead of northen path.

CBAAlqj.jpg

6tjxIYN.jpg

2nd SPG to support troops in initial phase, and to counter any early assaults of Shpetsnaz troops.

dR0GZg4.jpg

SqaGtms.jpg

Enemies are rushing through bridge, we are ready to to meet them.

First clashes:

Spoiler

t7MEqGf.jpg

Marksman's shells are dropping on enemies, meanwhile we are bringing Panthers to deal with AFVs.

Iox8ARA.jpg

SPGs are shelling APCs to prevent them from pushing our positions.

ReizsJO.jpg

Kamovs are pushing forward, but Badgers and Grenadiers have pretty good AA abilities.

5sfeq5q.jpg

Kamovs are moving away, but BTRs continue to push.

kBcoVUW.jpg

Cheetahs are getting into position to attack BTRs.

nIyIkZ6.jpg

i7ObnIM.jpg

SPGs are under good AA protection, we can work on enemies.

IA40C6j.jpg

2 groups of Kamovs are active near bridge and 2 AFV units are also trying to stage an attack. Yuri is very aggressive.

OE7FcU2.jpg

BTRs are defeated, but 2 Kamovs teams are still doing their attempts to attack our troops. They firied missile salvo against Badgers, damaging them, 2nd team of SHORAD is called to support/replace them.

dmTq10d.jpg

67pDbB3.jpg

Cheetahs sneaked to other side of pond and looks like Zhukovs are moving to firing positions

Pu58Iu0.jpg

And looks like Zhukovs arrived and opened fire.

SVZOcD1.jpg

MBTs are now stopping this rather weak attempt to push our troops out of their positions. Grenadiers jumped into a building near tanks to provide AA coverage.

RHNtg6G.jpg

cRbyWJI.jpg   Path is clear-ish, we need to use this moment and create a safety buffer before Tankaev will start to bring fully loaded Ogre tanks. Our SPGs already started to shell Zhukovs to force them to move and allow our troops to breach their side of pond.

Through the bridge of Death:

Spoiler

DoWH3Ed.jpg

Kamovs team is defeated, previous teams that were heavily damaged managed to get out of battlefield.

LXJ336p.jpg

Panthers lost 2 vehiles from Russian attack helicopters actions, even 2 SHORADs didn't managed to 100% protect them from aggressive attack.

7wbSHpj.jpg

Now SPGs are in our sights. We breached to enemy side of battlefield, i'm trying to do as much damage as we can.

vYQRBSS.jpg

Infantry is near Delta, but Zhukovs are more important, thats why i'm trying to force SGB infantry away and continue to attack KV-20s.

xP6CrFf.jpg

rt4F4SS.jpg

Those guys are rushing to guard tower nearby.

MhTLPi2.jpg

They managed to arrive to place with some casualties, but now they can do serious damage from good cover. We need to wrap up and retreat.

q99iEe5.jpg

This raid  was used to prepare positions for possible Yuri's tank rush.Grenadiers already placed one minefield and on the way to make a second one.

4Gtu4qR.jpg

Cheetahs are scouting southern corridor. I planned to place some defences on Zulu, but Grenadiers are busy with bridge so control over this part of map is now helicopters  and SPGs job.

XHRnvzs.jpg

Now SPGs are takign shots at Russian army soldiers near Y point. As you see Regular European army reinforcements (that i called earlier) are finnaly here, they are moving futher to block bridge.

yC0LOHI.jpg

Badgers are keeping their eyes on that group of choppers.

z54Oefb.jpg

I was waiting for a moment to use EMP and not allow Kamovs to retreat after taking serious damage.

DgbiPlI.jpg

Got them! Badgers are moving in to finish them.

WGeCbU0.jpg

vsjiyDd.jpg

So far situation is not bad - bridge is well-defended, we captured 3 uplinks (1 more than enemy), majority of troops are in good condition. Yuri is strangely not as active on multiple fronts as in previous campaign where i met him. 

pDlnUaO.jpg

Using this lull in action i decided to raid Yuri's forces again. Cheetahs found their victim (T-100s) and will proceed to destroy them with EMP support (as those Ogres have some AA capabilities).

oe2nwlZ.jpg

Tankaev is trying to expand and sended his transports to Yankee. SPGs now working on that team. Meanwhile i decided to push this operation to Defcon phase ASAP, as lond as our side have all cards on hand, for this purpose both infantry units were tasked with taking more uplinks.

uiI8CQ3.jpg

Ogres recovered from EMP effects, but they lost 2 machines and just 1 more left to defeat their unit.

nBl40D0.jpg

Done, just in time as Cheetahs started to receive AA fire from tanks.

43AXOSJ.jpg

Badgers are blocking Kamov's attempts to get to a place to move around.

TieZ4So.jpg

Cheetahs catched SGB helicopters and didn't alowed them to retreat, heh. We lost 1 helicopter, but this was warth it. Grenadiers are 50% done with Delta uplink, while Bravo is already in our hands and in a minute Defcon phase will be triggered.

Superiority:

Spoiler

YWy0AIp.jpg

Now clocks of victory started to count down. We have full amount of resources to call reinforcements and special attacks (thanks to a lot of captured uplinks), while enemies have just 1 server hub under their control. I'm not calling reinforcements now to avoid losing them in Shpetsnaz WMD strike.

J8ne1c0.jpg

Gunships are scouting areas near Bravo, i don't see hostile troops.

b1ti57J.jpg

Enemies showed up, BTRs are trying to attack Delta point and Grenadiers around it.

NfQDNWu.jpg

They were quickly dealt with.

qcTXsa0.jpg

Ogres arrived. Badgers were moved away from possible LOS of those things. Russian heavy armor will be left for others to deal with.

Epa8oZX.jpg

lkAeogu.jpg

Ogres are also attacking Delta point, while Grenadiers were chainging position. 

bhsqKr9.jpg

VwWDcr1.jpg

Well, that was quick payback for Ogres. 

lTPOpQK.jpg

I saw transport helicopters landing behind this big ass building. Time to use our own WMD. We lost Grenadiers and 2 other units were caught by shockwave and now they are out of action. We can probably hit 2 enemy units max, but those guys don't have much in the first place. Now i can call all reinforcements we need, BTW.

PwC4oaH.jpg

McXxNJF.jpg

Yuri continue to bring troops in small numbers, we can deal with them without much of a fuss

dYU8PkG.jpg

59fTvHd.jpg

Gg7MiQw.jpg

Kamovs are show down, our troops are holding positions pretty well.

kCtUN5Q.jpg

MRLS strike are not getting old for me, heh.

456OJYu.jpg

5fknOtH.jpg

Was too cocky, Cheetahs ate AA missile salvo from BTRs.

0nxehEa.jpg

Our SPGs are firing from protected position (Regular army troops in front and minefields behind to cath enemies if we need to retreat).

8rRLEfU.jpg

A group of AFVs were deployed, but there is only 20 seconds left. Yuri, it is too late. EMP'ed them for giggles.

0GamRQ8.jpg

nnsP6ZI.jpg

vc2NYT5.jpg

yLDuP2Q.jpg

2PGrmc5.jpg

Tanks were defeated during Victory screen, hehe. Didn't expected that Yuri will lose this fight as easily as it happened...

Results:

Spoiler

k3num7g.jpg

f2dNx19.jpg

jqaXbOb.jpg

K2jsRTW.jpg

f5wPQAC.jpg

GZbZ4GK.jpg

Amount of turns and units lost don't take into account 2-3 times that i used savefiels to get through particular hard battles.

Euroweaklings campaign on Hardcore (max) difficulty is done. Alexander Kurochnik is my Nemesis, lol, he managed to put some serious fight against me, lost about 4-5 battles during this campaign. AI on hardcore difficulty acts noticeable different (for some of commanders). I had a lot of emotions during those failed operation, for sure. Taking into account that AI in EndWar is not cheating in same way as usually you see in RTS (like having more resources or knowing type, number or/and location of your units), i should say that i was outplayed by it on a level field (which is impressive).

It is rather sad that this team wasn't able to finish EndWar 2.

So while was posting my 3rd playthrough of EndWar (as actual operations were like 15 minutes on average, so several missions per playsessions were done, but only 1 was posted per update) i managed to complete 3 unknown shooters from 2005 to 2008 and if anybody is interested in reviews, you can ask which one will be first.

1) Hellforces ("Cleaner" in Russian version). FPS, released in 2005, made in Russia. Game about fighting *Alex Jones mode on* demonic invasion through people using a machine that suck souls out of them and replace them with demonic energy/thing, with main character being sarcastic asshole. Rather conventional shooty-shooty game.

lBzIG5k.jpg

Spoiler

cyZpTsd.jpg

S7DK036.jpg

N06As3b.jpg

ZkIjimh.jpg

2) Bet on Soldier, also released in 2005. French FPS taking place in alternative history fanfic where some sort of unending Ward War is going on and TV show about gladiators fighting with each other on battlefields of that war is a thing. Strange mix of Counter-strike, linear shooter like Half-life, with bits and pieces of arena shooters thrown into this mix.

3HGvDfA.jpg

Spoiler

WtcwFcw.jpg

bk37hpk.jpg

rrohuOC.jpg

M6MQ1iL.jpg

g8dxYyQ.jpg

Tb8iQyW.jpg

phpbMKe.jpg

74Vc8fQ.jpg

3) Symbiont, 2008. Russian 3rd person shooter-slasher, somewhat similar to Collapse (reviewd in this thread earlier). Story about Alien invasion and main protagonistov becoming Alien himself.

KImbIPS.jpg

Spoiler

Ms5FkDM.jpg

kC9rvj0.jpg

SdYEomO.jpg

D8duWyd.jpg

6XkIhUL.jpg

32Epgv6.jpg

Decided to replay Freedom fighters, a 3rd person shooter from 2003 about Soviet Union taking over US, game was made by IOI interactive (Hitman devs). BTW Jesper Kyd was a composer of music in it, and it is great.

7iS1Ciz.jpg

z3fzXVN.jpg

qUfepIh.jpg

Spoiler

XGeQmru.jpg

Yes, Mi-24 is firing from a gun mounted just under rotor blades

GnOuQ4k.jpg

Heh, selfpromotion.

7TihfRB.jpg

Invasion JUST started and commies already are oppressing freedom-loving Americans!

4qADXHz.jpg

Wrench to the face does stop localized oppressions.

Eierzn3.jpg

Mr. Jones knows where to find a Resistance fighters, even if actual invasion started about a minute ago.

sUjyvqk.jpg

Mr. Jones probably have 45. ACP - real manly American caliber to deal with commies.

M4kmw5N.jpg

Soviets stealing our brother, but he was so fat that they needed a helicopter to haul his ass.

bsyC8Ap.jpg

Street full of panicking civilians and Mi-24 hovering on far side of it. You know what will happen.

Spoiler

mWbpYuA.jpg

Reb barrels, group of socialists...

OCzg9H2.jpg

Ragdoll feels great in FF. Weighty, "punchy" and hilarious in action.

AZf9L5Y.jpg

02pv0Vk.jpg

eQLIgN7.jpg

He5000l.jpg

jdqO7MC.jpg

Hey! It looks familiar.

AXF7EKy.jpg

Sorry what? Other than USSR other writings don't make any sense. CJUBACYEU and RHEAYJRP<F?

JEk7lcS.jpg

Black Eagle, is that you?

BtG8w1s.jpg

qyNRUpG.jpg

zArZUy8.jpg

Molotovs and some guerilla-like gear - yeah, those guys are Resistance that appeared from nowhere.

wIz2Xab.jpg

5eRbuUP.jpg

Sewers is our base, basically.

a3Z4Rz4.jpg

Those TV news are funny as well.

4Mjmued.jpg

l7LJaPQ.jpg

Nice to see our base with already stolen Soviet supplies about 10 minutes after invasion started!

klN5CKW.jpg

1st "chapter"

Spoiler

qPeNVbw.jpg

voLHPbc.jpg

Now we have C4 and police officers are suppressed by snipers. We need to deal with those snipers by Holywood explosions.

oQQFQef.jpg

HiODIXQ.jpg

xQHJ8q1.jpg

Don't mind me, i am usual American gun-owning citizen that likes to open carry.

gFcXktK.jpg

MU4lzlB.jpg

cxIjBuG.jpg

gKhRtsy.jpg

Lol, low amount of polygons is a side effect of living in Socialist counties.

ynzzNSV.jpg

4BIAkjj.jpg

Umm.... WTF does this mean? How they even made this?

oKPuCLz.jpg

qvO3rVR.jpg

2UdUuwj.jpg

Spoiler

eG5GmJs.jpg

Back to police station map.

YyNT9rC.jpg

Subway is crawling with commies.

pKlgtsp.jpg

ks5Ao9h.jpg

SObP9Fl.jpg

pf9cNuw.jpg

IBXyNYL.jpg

ajZ1zcm.jpg

Real time shadows in 2003 were cool AF.

1bnAn0n.jpg

How nice of those policemens to stay around and tell tutorials at us.

9XvdjRQ.jpg

uBnndH4.jpg

8pTIJx4.jpg

G5cmbb1.jpg

je9gNxM.jpg

UjExOCW.jpg

Not sure what type of AK is this, hehe.

6JrUaBp.jpg

Shotgun is able to throw bodies away with considerable force, like 3-5 meters at least.

5RytRPT.jpg

Spread of pellets is ridiculous

0NBWVYy.jpg

Is this a Terminator police station scene?

nmLUADm.jpg

X46DycD.jpg

Z6IQQvu.jpg

FG5OUiR.jpg

lSVzCF9.jpg

DalYPuu.jpg

This shoty is great!

Spoiler

YfEihZQ.jpg

bU48YYY.jpg

ZzdBR0j.jpg

4rLXtrV.jpg

Couldn't leave MG without using it on cars around. More explosions!

LZSox1X.jpg

JyGiahm.jpg

Local climbing system allows to get to places and climb random crap.

ugKv9lr.jpg

BLzmfGT.jpg

0KOlIVu.jpg

Resistance leader is a standart hot babe with big boobs.

YewiDAm.jpg

fxqr7YJ.jpg

7ptVNqs.jpg

87OLYBu.jpg

3Jfhpn8.jpg

NFcKGaS.jpg

lkYfUIl.jpg

Local AI's ability to find cover in an empty corridor is pretty good.

7b2AcWX.jpg

Man, that ragdoll physics is like 80% of fun of blowing shit up.

j3ssdca.jpg

Don't hit passengers planes on the way out!

eVKhRnw.jpg

I hope IOI didn't modelled damage from physics objects flying around.

HpmKhf9.jpg

jnHzzP3.jpg

FF's command system is fairly simple but robust enough. Only 3 commands (regroup, attack and defend), but their execution changes if you are aiming/zooming or using "normal" mode. 

mIPZkPC.jpg

fBprLLx.jpg

Even trucks are blowing up from few AK hits in this game.

JbpY8ct.jpg

Climbing thigns allows to get better angle on evil commies or flank them. 

XiUMyFf.jpg

vAlJ4vj.jpg

Another cosmonaut.

Br3UhYy.jpg

OAhClVZ.jpg

ufL3RKA.jpg

gRnFbkb.jpg

932SZop.jpg

kyqZq0F.jpg

This game at times is explosions train and i love it.

PMMrrol.jpg

Bv0a2Mq.jpg

gPq9p2A.jpg

WcAUfWF.jpg

ccinK3y.jpg

Chapter 2.

Spoiler

crXh5gr.jpg

Is this big enough to stop commies?

kP37XLS.jpg

lrnhWnM.jpg

RMqxdx4.jpg

Sneaking to Soviet base in cargo area of a sea port.

O3ITcav.jpg

My target - miniature of Mi-24.

cD2zMvl.jpg

So i was spotted and enemies are moving to find me. AI in Freedom fighters can climb different objects about as well as a player.

7lw1hGE.jpg

jocfpxB.jpg

uZrF2cw.jpg

DGTAhvX.jpg

ZoTTCe2.jpg

.............?

oxXJZhH.jpg

WTF does this even supposed to mean? Anyway, at this point i realised that i don't have explosive to blow up this thing, heh. Time to raid another Soviet base.

pEWwigL.jpg

g7lXhDW.jpg

AKZPYUz.jpg

ctyp2AQ.jpg

USSR inscription on back of helmet and giant red stars are pretty good indication that those guys are Soviets and not some sort of Canadian invaders.

QUPuMk3.jpg

I think they spotted me. 

1SfM6Tg.jpg

Kf4XJZw.jpg

Bye!

zWcsJ2s.jpg

pG1kRra.jpg

RtKUVFu.jpg

*HEADSHOT*

rnV6NUF.jpg

mtc4stA.jpg

Vodnik brings reinforcements in this game, acting as an APC. I found explosives, time to get back.

FISU2W1.jpg

orXlJR3.jpg

IHW4xzP.jpg

Spoiler

nAwpQ0E.jpg

nmdZYIX.jpg

Sponsored by Russkaya Vodka.

FKBG6Q7.jpg

t7laakS.jpg

6GaliJP.jpg

Just to remind you that we are fighting with Communists.

4Lg0Ej5.jpg

Oh, no, explosions are starting to appear!

x1hmEAD.jpg

UAefdtg.jpg

VTQkc9O.jpg

53EvDF2.jpg

Sniper on the left and Soviet base is nearby, hmmm...

T9P8Vg9.jpg

WvRns69.jpg

D5SUWVh.jpg

3rd person view is like cheating at times.

SuACPUd.jpg

Still, this fucker almost got me. Playing on max difficulty.

lWbX1ia.jpg

Not sure what they are trying to sell to me.

gNn9DN9.jpg

Let's not jump on that Communism train.

bJFvHXz.jpg

No bridge - no Vodniks.

IoWzRDB.jpg

"Oh no, 2 soldiers found me!" - said never during playing FF.

Spoiler

Zv4XYKX.jpg

Back at cafe area. Vodniks and gunships are out of actions, so we can clear this area and take it.

6ye7Cv8.jpg

POWs are simply upgrades in FF.

xClAZSC.jpg

Good thing that they can overcome some obsticles and not pain in the ass to escort to nearest entrance to sewers.

rbSOs1W.jpg

Cafe was turned by commies into a checkpoint.

Vt4RLW2.jpg

0ZGmRxy.jpg

I'm not going to count number of hammer and sickles on this board, lmao.

QGROXZ3.jpg

Fy6loMr.jpg

Commander is relaxing in his imaginary jakuzi

Gtq0vUG.jpg

j9qwWyM.jpg

Sniper is trying to dance around my bullets, asshole.

5Du5YUw.jpg

For some reason i feel like those guys are commisars or politruks.

gd8BnId.jpg

G7c3vM4.jpg

r6IFQ4r.jpg

PP-19 looks detailed, maybe even more than soldiers that are holding them, haha

qNXDgbo.jpg

CKU2H0D.jpg

6WGNINy.jpg

yedFQMJ.jpg

That more than enough of Soviet symbolics, game.

o40dRQT.jpg

Climbing system sometimes allows for this kind of situations, heh.

eymhZ5E.jpg

EYieMff.jpg

Destructible light sources exist in this game, but it doesn't affect anything AI-related.

e7p1LF4.jpg

When i pressed use button to rise American flag, a move forward button was also being pressed and main hero, after rising a flag made few steps forward and...

CT9fhZ5.jpg

...fall off. During victory screen. HeheHAHAHA.

Continuing to wreck havoc and #restisting to commies.

fJFYZNR.jpg

I'm leading army of clones, apperently.

Spoiler

bxLVdmK.jpg

ExqtMsO.jpg

Those commies really want to get me.

SL3uPzk.jpg

pmWLNOY.jpg

Anything on level can be used as a cover by AI. Not bad, for 2003.

ICxO1mt.jpg

g0iylhj.jpg

Kek, that combination.

3fW9H3i.jpg

Even dead those guys are determined to destroy capitalism.

BakCPe2.jpg

fWWIqkx.jpg

xJI9ciK.jpg

QnSForj.jpg

Fire extinguishers also explode with enough power to throw away 3 big ass guys in military gear.

FQD17IC.jpg

pvrhLxS.jpg

4UpYqdh.jpg

"-Are you being suprisingly invaded by big group of Soviets? 

- Yes

- Is there a fire extinguisher nearby?

- Yes

....."

V9yWD1E.jpg

9Fzq3YN.jpg

Not too lethal, but allows to get out of bad spot.

Spoiler

8DCw5GR.jpg

Situation like this (caught with 1 round in the mag on max difficulty) can end like this:

l0XhsrW.jpg

XxdTMDB.jpg

Normal number of enemies for FF.

F8QAagn.jpg

Searching for me.

5W5ymD6.jpg

^Having a vision of bright communist future in USA.

2apuZC6.jpg

oIWTvtf.jpg

Doing slavic dances when on guard duty.

gQ24Q58.jpg

fq1AUke.jpg

Sneaking with weird 7 shot mag SVD.

t4YHdMI.jpg

5GmQG3Y.jpg

tojAvNe.jpg

GesuEYo.jpg

That is one elaborate vent installation.

XSYyEAJ.jpg

jdNPoxw.jpg

LV0MXzL.jpg

QFXomna.jpg

That commisar is funny - he speaks with normal soldier voice lines that were accelerated until they started to sound squeaky. I never heard anbody in FF speaking like this particular soldier, heh.

tj1brQM.jpg

That is supposed to be a tree.

8apeXxe.jpg

Spoiler

85Tz4ND.jpg

ul4qSxD.jpg

pVo2GIA.jpg

FjtsHOW.jpg

"Everything is fine and i didn't just walked pass a dead human"

aHdkBtv.jpg

ULukaha.jpg

Um.. ok. I guess when you and train is in the same political party.. there are no fighting between communists.

ggWxM1M.jpg

WKyqkXc.jpg

Cars are made out of explodium. FF's ragdoll gladly launches bodies far away.

hYx0Vp2.jpg

I would also arrest those 4 guys, as they are clone rebels (like rest of them).

npNmKEt.jpg

kKDnkrT.jpg

QpkZnBo.jpg

I saw that, IOI.

P6o82yA.jpg

We did our task here so far, let's deal with helicopters.

pBJ5NY7.jpg

Next map was done several times (stupid deaths and no normal quick save/quick loading system)

Spoiler

IfVYuFf.jpg

3rl00mL.jpg

s9TFiYR.jpg

0FH3VDb.jpg

VqPrjA5.jpg

Ux2jMtZ.jpg

Let's not try to attack this emplacement head on.

jguU0el.jpg

In CQB shoty is great.

4htpDdx.jpg

CiDF7I2.jpg

GGz8PV7.jpg

3PLIu0s.jpg

G9GOkch.jpg

Soldiers in red berets are more aggressive than normal ones, always armed with shotguns.

02SxicF.jpg

Also rather dangerous one in CQB.

ndsCbM2.jpg

6jpFJZe.jpg

jbsP3DD.jpg

All cars in FF are IEDs.

XWYZBhf.jpg

yaivcz9.jpg

U0BFdG3.jpg

kkxVMfP.jpg

x2l9AvT.jpg

Yes, i'm trying to sneak to that positions in a park, under burning helicopter stuck in building.

Sp1By2y.jpg

Haha, very sneaky.

Djtqi9L.jpg

Fuck!

Next attempt:

Spoiler

Qps0Bzx.jpg

XuhClSg.jpg

Cqm1pOl.jpg

MzhKd5S.jpg

How about a grenade barrage?

cck5HE7.jpg

This is fun. Like playing with toy soldiers.

0EQOJGT.jpg

W1q6SWy.jpg

axCmmEK.jpg

Let's sneak to those guys to blast them with a point blank shogun shots!

4KailWJ.jpg

We are fucked!

Next attempt:

Spoiler

ltSDIWp.jpg

Groundhog day begins.

nlspM9P.jpg

It is still funny.

shkJ7Uq.jpg

eaDKvWw.jpg

I think this is not how human body works.

Jctblnp.jpg

Yes, i'm doing this again, cause it is hilarious.

Esq9h7J.jpg

aSE96on.jpg

Wnsmur4.jpg

TcRm1L4.jpg

CwIxiP2.jpg

IZfXhZH.jpg

ICo1W44.jpg

OnpS7T7.jpg

2dk8I1V.jpg

TDA1D63.jpg

I really like local ragdoll physics.

adxsYpM.jpg

SHW9YJt.jpg

Got back to that park position to face attack, now prepared and armed with SMG.

hL6adGD.jpg

fhBAGxz.jpg

Done with those guys. Our target - capturing cinema theatre.

2Zk2Q0m.jpg

UOiM96H.jpg

HRLELyZ.jpg

th3mQ9w.jpg

Fighting on a roof is last moment before rising flag and winning.

And i'm continuing to fight against Soviet invasion of NYC on max difficulty in Freedom Fighter aka commie soldiers juggling simulator.

kv06DfH.jpg

Spoiler

iam04ZB.jpg

W3Qb7nV.jpg

W08rzyk.jpg

OFW2rbm.jpg

ZYQvgDA.jpg

That was one quick attempt, heh.

2nd run:

Spoiler

ME1k0Wx.jpg

S69JIcy.jpg

Shooting revolvers into Soviet soldiers is somebodie's wet dream, for sure.

hpOSs3g.jpg

JQboDIe.jpg

wmwKDNK.jpg

7Ml4HER.jpg

QibjdLm.jpg

You can lead a squad of rebels, but i'm doing solo max difficulty playthrough, so we will leave them here.

sow66Fn.jpg

Quick save can be done only near sewers manholes.

V1C6eGc.jpg

mN3DVE0.jpg

PIVpTAk.jpg

Soldier, smacked into a wall is barely visible.

faJdFHy.jpg

eAoFIEG.jpg

4JLd7GN.jpg

Main reason to not enter this compound through main gates.

5aGxIoB.jpg

W4mnWiu.jpg

1gHvxOC.jpg

hIUqypJ.jpg

GZi70c8.jpg

hI2Uv6b.jpg

ZeQ2gvi.jpg

Oa3c9cR.jpg

FSSTB3o.jpg

Area is captured. 

Back to warehouse area where i blew up bridges earlier.

keOTv2b.jpg

Spoiler

kJu2Vb8.jpg

We are on collision course.

4YYLF1d.jpg

Main entrance is of course well defended. We will take different path, above this emplacement.

hrl5jW2.jpg

This one, to be precise.

nYbHMit.jpg

SLUCH6F.jpg

Train is arriving, we can use it as a cover to sneak to a building in the distance.

5aLGYFY.jpg

DVFrsSt.jpg

This doesn't look comfortable.

DONT8F9.jpg

gD70z9U.jpg

8tvJItH.jpg

gxbjH7S.jpg

VP8tqvc.jpg

Unusual bug - sometimes when soldiers die physics of weapon in their hands don't initiate properly and 2 models of a gun appear - one on the ground and can be picked up, second one in the air, non-usable.

vGSAYrR.jpg

u0Nq1U0.jpg

heh7Lyx.jpg

5VcnRwJ.jpg

Brother of main hero is captured during Soviet retaliation raid.

5FqzksY.jpg

We are back to rebels base. Brother of Christopher (main character) was executed by Soviets, and this time our task will be an assassination of General Tatarin.

Spoiler

wUiH7Y8.jpg

VewgB4T.jpg

wIPjJKn.jpg

BsTk3jx.jpg

OrpZMCE.jpg

hCrH2Gl.jpg

Let's not go this way, it is under sniper watch.

hcAQql9.jpg

XI1Op6J.jpg

NEOJNZn.jpg

IZQ9Qzb.jpg

oWUAcL6.jpg

gfT0Ehj.jpg

ohCRxmF.jpg

IUvzG2b.jpg

RXceKvr.jpg

QBM3hm5.jpg

ZeYEbar.jpg

8v8nwXp.jpg

cyLUfPy.jpg

+25 to charisma (it allows to recruit more rebels to your squad during raids) for Tatarin killing. 

ee9u7j1.jpg

Armored machinegunner. Don't really want to fight those guys.

wJbIjet.jpg

"....revenge for our brave general!" Time to get out.

AwVzOdi.jpg

7VlS7ai.jpg

e4GqpP6.jpg

Managed to lose it from my tail, exit now should be easy.

Back to our hideout:

Spoiler

qDqK9mC.jpg

Plot twist! Mr. Jones was a KGB officer undercover!

qzD5Z1q.jpg

blNVMyN.jpg

u08ZZjh.jpg

JhG08fR.jpg

-HEADSHOT-

NaXlsl8.jpg

JogDMLI.jpg

cQwX587.jpg

CvRml2p.jpg

TBLut2C.jpg

10 shots for an RPG coupled with a high ground position, hehehe.

quNyi5U.jpg

fuOYuaq.jpg

bVmXN3y.jpg

7CTwm9D.jpg

FB55Wsk.jpg

RPG is fun to unleash on enemies.

VC8rgGw.jpg

ywEEzLH.jpg

Lx7v6pY.jpg

KxBdDyl.jpg

Hard enemy to deal with, but not "unfair". Molotovs stun this guy easily.

9g983PS.jpg

hTGKr4q.jpg

Although he can eat a lot of damage. Grenades are ineffective against this guy (they only throw his body and render him unconscious for several seconds).

y2PVSg0.jpg

Took a new toy from his dead body.

osK0NuE.jpg

fIlxrSN.jpg

gAkQQwN.jpg

Machinegunner killed with a MG that was taken from another dead machinegunner, haha. 

y82ZKct.jpg

300 round ammobox? Well, that is a lot of ammunition that IOI developers managed to cram in this 100 round box-sized MG belt box.

k5OvwgD.jpg

GlHDKtl.jpg

Gp2m8VH.jpg

1inxRKf.jpg

CQDVAAy.jpg

*Evil speech in progress

9b37MDC.jpg

We abandoned our old base because of very high concentration of Soviets in it, new base:

UNtmXJJ.jpg

Spoiler

W35NQrm.jpg

Z3Cra9H.jpg

BtkenUW.jpg

Back to raiding commies:

f5HfwRA.jpg

Spoiler

BOObbkZ.jpg

qcppZYE.jpg

I like this baby-sized Krokodil.

8wwG8cw.jpg

AkVVICa.jpg

y9gfOTJ.jpg

5w5MJWu.jpg

vWnFcoO.jpg

aM8RRy8.jpg

Going to free prisoners.

Xm3mGBy.jpg

PdPGtaj.jpg

tbCPM2E.jpg

myLwAbo.jpg

Ambush on the way back. 

5IvtlUN.jpg

After getting prisoners to sewers i'm back to trying get into this school, turned into Soviet HQ.

RrZZewn.jpg

ItotsCR.jpg

W2DqLZo.jpg

A lot of Molotovs are needed to take this guy out. More than Crhistopher can carry, lol.

JeuXbuM.jpg

OCemVco.jpg

6IDU57o.jpg

16Dvibs.jpg

Perfect.

9brTo91.jpg

Wounded soviet soldiers turned against their comrades after 1 medkit given to them. What?

nlVoX0O.jpg

BTn02ay.jpg

U53pTPv.jpg

CWVCP8u.jpg

Grenade barrage didn't managed to kill this heavy armor dude. Damn.

VcGR8Q9.jpg

Time to run, haha.

aqRy5eY.jpg

I bet if i go to Girls room he will not find me!

Next op - taking over SAFN TV channel building:

kbC9TwD.jpg

Spoiler

OHaG1jt.jpg

GBwb42T.jpg

cwS6KK7.jpg

That is a lot of adv for a TV channel, heh.

vgEaalf.jpg

Ability to climb things allows to sneak a whole squads on top of buildings where i'm trying to find a good sniping spot.

MVE0oin.jpg

3jzandn.jpg

NGRUElg.jpg

ITHLQwp.jpg

HWyhxrS.jpg

hogvLz3.jpg

tGzOlxT.jpg

S1bcoaJ.jpg

Ewgkvu5.jpg

IOI loves to sneak their logo into levels.

HukxzNj.jpg

PakYBU6.jpg

That took only 4-5 rockets, heh. 

2kOCqHb.jpg

CQB RPG firing is not a best idea for main character health.

merrS7P.jpg

vhkIRMV.jpg

That dude is made out of pure Stalinium and can take almost as much rockets as a tank.

NDEyTrY.jpg

ZBHR7Xd.jpg

zODIOEb.jpg

Bz2VI3Q.jpg

oFxsaEf.jpg

Let's combine fire and explosions to defeat this heave armor comrade.

zUsWr7w.jpg

pa09BKg.jpg

B0PPpo9.jpg

cPZ1chK.jpg

IXTlT4D.jpg

6jAkovN.jpg

jUKh76p.jpg

3rd one on this leve.

7dk0CiQ.jpg

U888CtP.jpg

vmpIAHe.jpg

vfhUwj8.jpg

Q1Jjw64.jpg

S18f0TO.jpg

krHUwZ3.jpg

6NLPACB.jpg

JCZ0u21.jpg

vzSPxbS.jpg

Final chapter of FF - assault on gov. island.

zXeJZYX.jpg

Spoiler

lbtIKic.jpg

EZftQsw.jpg

nlmgslm.jpg

rH7rHAn.jpg

Lmf9q4q.jpg

PEa1zuq.jpg

rImiOMu.jpg

SQ1UJ69.jpg

v2ssYwa.jpg

9ziznz6.jpg

ANpjzEs.jpg

sIAQCrA.jpg

RHCnnhy.jpg

I think gun glitched our of the turret, lol.

V3Wd0ee.jpg

HPBFiJ5.jpg

dH5INGe.jpg

We need to blow up this thing, but i don't have explosive. Time to retreat to sewers and attack warehouses.

f0gj91O.jpg

MgRHYGc.jpg

Raid for C4 explosives:

n4qwFQ5.jpg

Spoiler

XvpkBP6.jpg

rvMJM3O.jpg

M5MosJQ.jpg

ZsF2hC5.jpg

t7MFnU4.jpg

gfGHZQJ.jpg

nbdUSlK.jpg

fkuFjKV.jpg

We found what we needed, time to get back to vent system and blow it up!

SsoNeRu.jpg

Spoiler

ODLrrhE.jpg

HaESSxx.jpg

8C02s6J.jpg

E5N32n0.jpg

rdTedNk.jpg

7mOK5aG.jpg

This area is now ours.

Next attack:

QT9dNpg.jpg

Spoiler

Oh5fAWb.jpg

Went back to ammunition warehouses to grab more C4.

B4TUpaK.jpg

Now back to sewers and to next target - mortars.

D1Vi9se.jpg

3ErhAUX.jpg

Pn6fITJ.jpg

4TJBWaM.jpg

rCQJnbw.jpg

3RMH23z.jpg

rGJIzpb.jpg

EaxVQfd.jpg

OGhf1hb.jpg

YiCZmVA.jpg

d6G1Z6v.jpg

n2deGWk.jpg

NAphxIt.jpg

Mi-24 is out of action. Should be now easier to attack other regions of gov. island.

TpO3srF.jpg

r7V183c.jpg

yzplD2D.jpg

Transport helicopter will be my next target.

PnAxFBm.jpg

Last missions. Here is one that took me several tries to finish:

wFbzglL.jpg

Spoiler

BrbBHg2.jpg

gbXRTBS.jpg

eycaPwc.jpg

Camping on top of the stairs like an asshole.

At20Z7w.jpg

dqRB1F0.jpg

KJcmflX.jpg

sgeALJh.jpg

That cover is penetrable, hehe.

FPxzkYo.jpg

And here is this transport Kamov that i want to blow up.

0yuVWMS.jpg

YbJzYyW.jpg

wIILQFQ.jpg

Infiltrating cargo area full of transport containers.

4CGqMRg.jpg

7juCkyv.jpg

That is a bit too close. So close that game don't know how to deal with it when player is zoomed in, hahaha.

b7onyZs.jpg

LTUEDah.jpg

Few moments later this room was breached by 20 commies and their human wave overwhelmed me. Time to re-start this operation.

Next try:

J0tXzhp.jpg

Spoiler

TioVo7u.jpg

5AM3e6r.jpg

4mUESR8.jpg

This time i'm ambushing those commies that killed me last time.

Pz7qj2W.jpg

dwoON2f.jpg

ygA2v0Y.jpg

Back to the same room after clearing areas above. Waiting for those who were left behind.

oP3T3OO.jpg

rWrrQHE.jpg

Nobody showed up, so i went to them instead.

DRvwxvv.jpg

7JSQOH1.jpg

Heavy armor commie got a bullet to the knee. He is old-fashioned and outdated, i know.

xj0ioq0.jpg

Meeting party decided to show up.

VHSIL3f.jpg

hk263y3.jpg

qJEopkb.jpg

While i was watching his cinematic fall, some asshole shot me in the back. Press F.

Yet another attempt:

gCtpAUD.jpg

Spoiler

xyiRIyY.jpg

4mMTrdu.jpg

mgX35Fg.jpg

PJnAF97.jpg

Y8VG6Rk.jpg

p8Lsg7k.jpg

Heavy armor guy is rushing towards that small room where Soviets managed to ambush me. About 20 seconds later he killed me. Restart!

And yet again:

BzAWpL4.jpg

Spoiler

a8Fg2uK.jpg

BST4957.jpg

Ul6ErRI.jpg

gL1WE6s.jpg

G3jZnoX.jpg

D2rOYLv.jpg

llDgtkU.jpg

NohVBbO.jpg

sAcSb79.jpg

mpRRkpw.jpg

ZKSlzRx.jpg

Finally!

Last level in FF:

ngP8QF3.jpg

Spoiler

TLbcpAS.jpg

Ngqse8Q.jpg

9JkZrO2.jpg

uSyX3Ci.jpg

Qgg1xuw.jpg

TDdOjDz.jpg

Wr9dnGM.jpg

zudVLH1.jpg

8wG8CnE.jpg

jdnWogX.jpg

EXKh2Z1.jpg

eK4EERo.jpg

5M1UtzC.jpg

Saved here yet again. Now we need to rise US flags all over Soviet base.

NXBWQjt.jpg

UiN5s0m.jpg

Qdmi054.jpg

W4YohSm.jpg

gYjcECd.jpg

3zYdWRo.jpg

GUc9pIA.jpg

EGSjbfA.jpg

vd8NpC2.jpg

StgkaSU.jpg

GYlFPUd.jpg

"They will come back, with more soldiers and bigger guns..." 2019, 16 years later and they didn't.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, LoooSeR said:

So while was posting my 3rd playthrough of EndWar (as actual operations were like 15 minutes on average, so several missions per playsessions were done, but only 1 was posted per update) i managed to complete 3 unknown shooters from 2005 to 2008 and if anybody is interested in reviews, you can ask which one will be first.

1) Hellforces ("Cleaner" in Russian version). FPS, released in 2005, made in Russia. Game about fighting *Alex Jones mode on* demonic invasion through people using a machine that suck souls out of them and replace them with demonic energy/thing, with main character being sarcastic asshole. Rather conventional shooty-shooty game.

Reveal hidden contents

cyZpTsd.jpg

S7DK036.jpg

N06As3b.jpg

ZkIjimh.jpg

2) Bet on Soldier, also released in 2005. French FPS taking place in alternative history fanfic where some sort of unending Ward War is going on and TV show about gladiators fighting with each other on battlefields of that war is a thing. Strange mix of Counter-strike, linear shooter like Half-life, with bits and pieces of arena shooters thrown into this mix.

Reveal hidden contents

WtcwFcw.jpg

bk37hpk.jpg

rrohuOC.jpg

M6MQ1iL.jpg

g8dxYyQ.jpg

Tb8iQyW.jpg

phpbMKe.jpg

74Vc8fQ.jpg

3) Symbiont, 2008. Russian 3rd person shooter-slasher, somewhat similar to Collapse (reviewd in this thread earlier). Story about Alien invasion and main protagonistov becoming Alien himself.

Reveal hidden contents

Ms5FkDM.jpg

kC9rvj0.jpg

SdYEomO.jpg

D8duWyd.jpg

6XkIhUL.jpg

32Epgv6.jpg

0 votes for each, lol. Well i will go with BoS first.

Some of Bet on Soldier campaign screenshots.

OgoJ2JG.jpg

Spoiler

RhnfUMt.jpg

YmAjIrz.jpg

W2CZpa4.jpg

ha6iKa0.jpg

PRrQtSp.jpg

Hr0uLi6.jpg

Spoiler

GcpFccK.jpg

VutyksW.jpg

K0QyLLL.jpg

V5d7bRE.jpg

yShncSq.jpg

cgqkMES.jpg

a4ylI19.jpg

OgOMBEc.jpg

WE4hYrJ.jpg

IRKeayS.jpg

mfKSRKz.jpg

Spoiler

UY5qqcc.jpg

WVCS6vR.jpg

yKHOCLp.jpg

zeF65nj.jpg

evVXc6W.jpg

Jb5D1EQ.jpg

QY9L9JV.jpg

Spoiler

JkQhcxb.jpg

Gc0YGqm.jpg

OErTjYR.jpg

2G05jwA.jpg

vyi3BLJ.jpg

9Li1Q5Q.jpg

Hy9P0gE.jpg

0172F3E.jpg

zLz6nys.jpg

Spoiler

vFOD64t.jpg

irHmS7z.jpg

TtvzpX5.jpg

dWtyp75.jpg

BYcOIBU.jpg

fit5i4b.jpg

RYD16Iw.jpg

ZZrJMsa.jpg

poStL3Y.jpg

Spoiler

RGZKmct.jpg

ShuLxgN.jpg

hDCFd68.jpg

SAQhn5O.jpg

XlskvbZ.jpg

G8ORBOw.jpg

Review of Bet On Soldier: Blood Sport.

2ci6u5d.jpg

B.o.S. is a FPS developed by French developer Kylotonn, and published in 2005. Main "story" revolves around an alternate history world and unnamed sort of "World War", where gladiators is a thing and fight each other in duels during operations/missions of 2 factions armed forces. These deathmatches are broadcasted as a TV show called "Bet On Soldier".

B.o.S. is a spiritual sequel of the Iron Storm FPS, released in 2002. Developer after release of B.o.S. made 2 expansions packs (both in 2006) - Blood of Sahara and Black out Saigon, but i didn't played them so only original will be covered. Also, both packs were released only in Europe, AFAIK.

Visuals

For a game released in 2005 BoS looked a bit outdated. In 2004 Far Cry, DooM 3 and HL2 were released and in 2005 F.E.A.R. appeared on PCs of gamers. B.o.S. engine was not able to generate picture on a level of those games but overal it wasn't too bad. Some of levels were getting close to how Painkiller levels looked like, but static lighting (no cool dynamic shadows) and bland-ish art direction didn't managed to smooth out technical limitations. Bad animations (especially enemies shooting from ARs), crappy face animations and so on are especially noticeable. 

dt2TzOC.jpg

Spoiler

VqLoTLL.jpg

A4o4OMw.jpg

FGKhPen.jpg

CRQUcdv.jpg

86y77oC.jpg

bet-on-soldier-blood-sport-2005-pc-rus_4.jpg

37MzDxX.jpg

b8ivgzT.jpg

Nice texture work, heh.

ci8nkiR.jpg

Armor of some of enemies look like piles of metal scrap.

dOZOSgK.jpg

GGRNsOp.jpg

Not very well placed yellow orb decal.

Most levels in B.o.S. are dark grey, dark brown or just great and brown. Levels themselves are also rather bland, with maybe exception of several places.

Spoiler

bfXXc2D.jpg

KNUBUf7.jpg

ZGmJP4c.jpg

Hu5tyzx.jpg

Tnk5OW5.jpg

Ve5tv8Q.jpg

Rare level that is not flat brown.

Gameplay

This FPS is not going to surprise you - all missions are linear corridors with very little freedom of choice (most of the time you don't really have it). There are only 2 things that worth attention - equipment system and gladiators, and how they affect gameplay.

You are playing as a gladiator working for one of factions (USWE - United States of Western Europe, fighting against RMC or "Russo-Mongol Coalition"). Player receive tasks like destroy enemy artillery or ambush convoy - something that you would expect from usual military shooter like Call of Duty. Before each operation, player can choose his loadout - armor, guns, grenades and so on. Choices are not very diverse, although differences between weapon types are substantial. All equipment, ammo, guns etc cost money. Money can be earned by killing enemies (headshots and other means of killing give higher earnings) and defeating gladiators (amount of money earned depends on speed - how fast you kill them).

CfaQkfh.jpg

During gameplay player can't pick up ammunition and weapons from dead enemies, so you have to use special consoles spread across level to buy ammo, grenades, repair armor. Health is not regenerable and there are no means of healing yourself, so armor is what you rely on. Saving progress during missions is also not free and could be done only on special save stations for cash.

S1YW4bi.jpg

On pre-mission briefing screen you also can choose what gladiators you will fight during mission. Each enemy is kind of unique, have different weapons, modules, armor, sometimes behavior, min and max price for winning.

wCTxgv8.jpg

Spoiler

0NrHrka.jpg

gladiators.jpg

On top of that you can hire up to 2 friendly AI bullet sponges, but i never bothered with them. 

So how all this actually work?  

You are playing bog standard linear corridor shooter with a twist that during mission you can't change weapons, must pay money to buy ammo, armor effectively becoming your "health" rating (and actual health is a limited use "safety bag") and time to time this linear shooter is trying to be an arena shooter.

• A fact that you can't change weapons effectively limits your choice on assault rifles (all other weapons are less effective overal and you don't know what type of terrain you will encounter on next operation) as a main gun and rocket launcher as "heavy" weapon. All other weapons are more or less there to play around with them if you are bored with ARs and RLs.
  • Armor repairs and ammo costing money didn't affected my playstyle much, as limited number of healthpacks and limited ammo pick ups are pretty usual for shooters that i usualy play. Although location of terminals and higher difficulty level chosen before starting campaign  means frequent backtracking to terminals away from enemies to restore your "health" and ammunition.
  • Big number of "cannon fodder" type of enemies means easy and steady income, so i never really felt problems with money or being too low on them with exception on one time when i couldn't buy the best rocket launcher after getting all other best equipment.
  • Frequent backtracking coupled with greed forcing to use less ammunition leads to slower gameplay. During first missions i didn't even run, used walking to have maximum accuracy for sweet and easy headshots.

Overal gameplay is slow, but not really 'methodical" as enemy spawn system is basically same as in majority of corridor shooters - you "press" a trigger/script and next pack of enemies is spawn behind a corner/door/gate/wall and their AI is simplistic, so no need for tactical trickery or smart play. You slowly chew through them, go back to terminal to repair your "health" and return to your path. Armor is separated to different parts, each could be damaged individually. Different type of enemies aim for different body parts, but i noticed only 2 such types - snipers are aiming for your head and rest are going for chest shots. This mean that even if one of pieces of armor gets to dark red level of sustained damage player should seek repair stations or friendly engineer or when armor plate will be totally destroyed, main character actual health will start to drop.

All this makes B.o.S. to be rather monotone and repetitive. Only few things make it a bit less boring - "advanced" enemies (as i call them), gladiator fights and mech driving.

"Advanced" enemies are usually better armored and armed mooks with more aggressive behavior. Their AI reminds me more of Unreal Tournament/Quake 3 bots - they are moving around frequently, attacking, evading, retreating, taking cover behind objects or soldiers with shields, searching for lost target, basically doing more shit than usual cannon fodder (or because of better equipment they have time to do those things and not be killed in few seconds after getting spotted). If B.o.S. developed them more and tuned level design for this type of AI, game could be more fun to play as with those guys a segmented armor models and different type of weapons mechanics are starting to make more sense. They are armed with different weapons (unlike cannon fodder) and have strong and weak aspects that could be used to defeat them in more profitable ways.

Gc0YGqm.jpg

Spoiler

JkQhcxb.jpg

DUoIwPG.jpg

Those guys are pain in the ass in groups and when they are supported by shield soldiers.

m2MoSNL.jpg

Ready to chase you anywhere.

8dM1QTb.jpg

bet_on_sol_5m.jpg

Mech driving is somewhat fun, because power fantasy. Although ammunition and repairs also cost money, but never head problems with that, as baddies are even easier to stomp with those things.

39zHk1f.jpg

Spoiler

IoPWeYf.jpg

oONPmVB.jpg

Gladiators... some of them are kind of fun, but majority of those guys are simply overpowered bullet sponges. Almost all of them are equipped with bullshit field that decrease damage received or make them completely immune to bullets and direct attacks, and thats why Rocket launcher rules here - spash damage can take out all of them. You are supposed to use more tricky ways, like using acid grenades to take out their armor and shit like this, but something is really off about those deathmatches. Movement speed, accuracy and reaction time coupled with arena layouts and amount of HP those guys have make majority of battles to be simply quick exchange of fire without much of movement. Taking into account that you need to defeat enemy in short amount of time to win (otherwise you lose) those battles feels rushed, undercooked, underdeveloped, imbalanced, uncreative with few exceptions. I never had same duel with those guys as with last AI bot in Unreal Tournament singleplayer (wich was glorious and challenging) or as with Quake bots, so all this feels like lost opportunity.

UQh3XtF.jpg

One of unusual enemies - he use only melee weapon.

Spoiler

Qom4vwY.jpg

fJ1XZMC.jpg

Dead.

LMNs2J8.jpg

"I WILL KILL YOU NOLAN!"

N6ggEIq.jpg

Few seconds later.

ekWbiYA.jpg

Before

mkDi1iZ.jpg

After

4KhZFtd.jpg

"I WILL KILL YOU NOLAN!"

HPPcqmV.jpg

*Farting sounds*

w5MZaB1.jpg

That one wasn't too terrible. He is equipped with flamethrower, so we need to move away from him to avoid taking damage.

17XWfQH.jpg

WvdT0MA.jpg

yC5RrJB.jpg

Unusual sniper type of gladiator.

ObKc6BV.jpg

Guess how exactly he was defeated, kek.

eXRXVDa.jpg

Maybe THE ONLY one missions that i found to be fun and stimulating from start to finish was an arean fight where we and our main "enemy" were caught and put into a walled off arena to fight against waves of different gladiators:

Spoiler

XsRsiJN.jpg

"we are fucked, Nolan!"

3A9PM7J.jpg

BYcOIBU.jpg

OjihSts.jpg

iFwn40x.jpg

RAAnFoq.jpg

WJXHq0S.jpg

QnoYR9F.jpg

v2lYOjE.jpg

k49UjYz.jpg

fit5i4b.jpg

A6MgkyX.jpg

mfnDIGx.jpg

gA6HHbT.jpg

RErWCiS.jpg

RYD16Iw.jpg

V7PJ6pT.jpg

TU4n34Z.jpg

9Ok7iwF.jpg

In the end gameplay is average, even with those unusual aspects. Gladiators were not interesting for the most part, gear for cash didn't managed to affect me much, and in the end bland corridor repetitive FPS is what most of my gameplay time was with B.o.S.

Plot

The dissonance between world, main hero's motivation and story told in cutscenes and missions that players interact with is kind of incredible, in a bad way. Story was so boring that from maybe 2nd or 3rd mission i was skipping all cutscenes and i learned it only before writing this post, haha. There are no connections between operations and personal motivation of Nolan. There is a 10-page detailed description of a world, but almost nothing from it managed to find a way to actual game. No cool characters, i don't remember anybody name from B.o.S.

jvEFws0.jpg

Who are you, people?

Spoiler

M8Ev879.jpg

Who the hell are you?

cj2KWtn.jpg

Conclusion

Bet on Soldier is painfully average. "Painfully" because it had few ideas that could take it to more interesting places, but those ideas where underdeveloped and not used properly. Boring visuals and presentation don't make this situation any better. Only 3 things that made this game just a bit better for me were Arena fight, overall difficulty, and heavily armored bad guys (that are one of main sources of difficulty of this game, heh). So.. 6/10, i guess.