Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The India-Pakistan shitstorm thred.

Belesarius

8 hours ago, Lord_James said:

I keep on hearing about this mysterious F-16, but haven't seen a shred of evidence of it being downed.  Especially since, supposedly only JF-17s were used in that op.

Seems all the wreckage fell behind Pakistani lines so they get to control the information on it.  Both sides agree two planes went down but disagree on if it was a wipe or a tie.  

I have only seen evidence of one downed Mig-21.

Until i see otherwise I am going to assume the Mig was tailing something into the Pakistani side. It got shot down in the process but maybe it got a kill before it went down.

This may turn out to be very significant:

Washington wants to know if Pakistan used U.S.-built jets to down Indian warplane

ISLAMABAD/SRINAGAR, India (Reuters) - The United States said on Sunday it was trying to find out if Pakistan used U.S.-built F-16 jets to down an Indian warplane, potentially in violation of U.S. agreements, as the stand-off between the nuclear-armed Asian neighbours appeared to be easing.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-india-kashmir-usa-pakistan/us-wants-to-know-if-pakistan-used-us-built-f-16-jets-to-down-indian-warplane-idUKKCN1QK0CV

Pakistan found a sub:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2950969591583426

Looks like a snorkelling SSK (note the splashing behind the masts), which isn't the hardest thing to find. They're trying to imply it's a scorpene, but the reference images provided don't look like a great match (the masts appear to be more side-by-side on the scorpene, whereas the sub detected looks to have them in a line). I'd guess it's a kilo, so only an 80's vintage 877 design but still capable of launching cruise missiles