Sturgeon's House
Collimatrix

Forum Improvements and Changelog

March 25, 2018

You should be able to join the Discord server by clicking the "connect" button on the Discord online users widget.  New users will be quarantined until either @Sturgeon or I move them from the "Mud Serf" group to the "Contributor" group.  Or whatever other group we feel like.

March 29

Just to clarify, the Discord is set up to dump all new members into the "Mud Serf" category.  Mud Serfs cannot see the contents of the server nor can they post.  Or something like that.  It's basically an anti-spam measure.

If I recognize your username I will immediately move it from the "Mud Serf" category to the "Contributor" category, unless you're forum nobility, etc.  I do check it at least once a day.  You don't need to prove yourself or anything like that.  This is just a regrettable but necessary measure in this day and age.

6 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

March 29

Just to clarify, the Discord is set up to dump all new members into the "Mud Serf" category.  Mud Serfs cannot see the contents of the server nor can they post.  Or something like that.  It's basically an anti-spam measure.

If I recognize your username I will immediately move it from the "Mud Serf" category to the "Contributor" category, unless you're forum nobility, etc.  I do check it at least once a day.  You don't need to prove yourself or anything like that.  This is just a regrettable but necessary measure in this day and age.

Although what if folks DO want to prove themselves. Like by reciting an epic poem they created recounting all of the Wehraboos they've slain in single combat? 

In what way do you use the “necrobooty” meme (I’m assuming it’s a meme)? Is it a celebratory thing, like “I just won a contest! [inserts necrobooty meme]”? 

5 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

In what way do you use the “necrobooty” meme (I’m assuming it’s a meme)? Is it a celebratory thing, like “I just won a contest! [inserts necrobooty meme]”? 

I second this question.

Well, I mean, if blondes are you thing, who am I to judge. :P 

Anyway, maybe we could move this to another thread (so as not to contaminate this one)? Perhaps an "Arbitrary (and Extraneous) Questions Thread"?