Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Anti-air thread: Everything that goes up must come down, and we'll help you go down

Bronezhilet

• 2 weeks later...

Tor-2M was tested on "Admiral Grigorovich"

Launch of 9M331M anti-aircraft guided missile from the self-contained combat module 9K331MKM of the short-range antiaircraft missile system Tor-M2KM, placed on the helicopter deck of theAdmiral Grigorovich frigate of Project 11356. October 2016 (c) JSC Izhevsk Electromechanical Plant Kupol / frame From the video of the TV channel "Russia 24" (via altyn73.livejournal.com)

Аг3

Аг5

More:

0_11646b_10f162ca_orig.jpg

0_11646c_d50ba8f4_orig.jpg

0_11646d_89f6204c_orig.jpg

0_11646e_4e41452e_orig.jpg

0_11646f_ad1e1248_orig.jpg

0_116470_3bb52b2a_orig.jpg

0_116472_aaaf914a_orig.jpg

0_116473_7dfa513f_orig.jpg

0_116475_4ee45f50_orig.jpg

http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/29193

Israel signs largest single defense deal in its history, providing India with Barak 8 variants - MRSAM and LRSAM worth collectively $1.6 billion.

The Barak 8 will become the Indian Navy's principle air defense system, and is also in service with the air force.

I must say, the Indians are very serious about their navy. They got some of the best toys on the market right now.

These pictures make me wonder how exactly you'd do CSAR in the Arctic.

I just can't really wrap my mind around how that wouldn't just become pilot Popsicle pickup duty.

Even with that though recovering your almost 100% guaranteed to be dead punched out air crews in the arctic strikes me as a great way to lose PJ's and CSAR aircraft.

Wouldn't it be pathetically easy to just sorta hide and wait for the other side to attempt body recoveries and then attrit the piss out of very expensive CSAR aircraft and even more expensive flight crews who are supporting even more expensive to make and long lead time assets like PJ's themselves?