Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

The way I see it is that I am not a warrior who uses firearms to make a living. I am not a police officer who is responsible for protecting the public. And lastly, I am not a guru with a right to tell other people how to live by the gun.

I am simply a humble overprivileged douchebag with a penchant for torque and recoil.

The way I see it is that I am not a warrior who uses firearms to make a living. I am not a police officer who is responsible for protecting the public. And lastly, I am not a guru with a right to tell other people how to live by the gun.

I am simply a humble overprivileged douchebag with a penchant for torque and recoil.

And also secretly a serial killer who targets other killers.

51PpJAOkqLL._SS500_.jpg

I've meant to write about this before and maybe I will again. But I hate the use of the term "warrior". I hate the use of the term warrior to describe Army soldiers and Marines and other combat branches. It reeks of elitest humbuggery, velcro and chaw.

I'm not sure when the term came into vogue but I'm certain some writer decided to be too smart by reading Ancient Greek texts and thought that affiliating oneself with the Spartans was really cool. 

America has had over two hundred years of citizens who are also soldiers and who - after serving - transition back to becoming average Joe Blow civilians. That's the whole point. You look at every World War 2 movie ever made and it centers around some schlub who was driving taxi or teaching high school who just wants to get back home to the wife and kids and to forget about fighting in the war forever.

And that's pretty much how the Founding Father's envisioned it (not that they were always right mind you).

Honestly though, I wouldn't call the PSG-1 the most Iconic DMR/Semi auto precision rifle all biases against H&K aside, based on sheer familiarity to the general public.

Let's take into account there's people with only very minor-moderate knowledge of firearms designs and they're probably the majority, not everyone is D.E. Watters or Meplat who can look at a single pixel of a gun image and identify what it is.

If you asked these people what a PSG1 is, many probably wouldn't know.

By extension, I'd even rule out the SR-25/M110 and it's variants, they'd probably say it's "LIEK SOME WEIRD EM SIXTEEN WITH A SILENCER BARREL! .....BULL BARREL, WHAT'S THAT?"

However, everyone and their grandmother knows what a Dragunov is for some reason, or even an M14, and while you can argue they not be the absolute best DMRs (or that the M14 DMR variants don't count on a technicality since the M14 was originally designed as a frontline rifle to replace the Garand until the M16 showed it's ass out the door, but the PSG1 is based off the G3 so same deal in a way), you can't deny that many people, even the less versed will recognize them, not sure the same is true for rifles like the PSG1, MSG-90, or the SR-25/M110.

51PpJAOkqLL._SS500_.jpg

m73nlh.jpg

I think JINZO got the banhammer...

Oh my God! I think I know his next victim!!!

There needs to be a television show where the protagonists have a way to predict murders that are about to happen.

But then don't do shit about it because they don't care, are too high/drunk, or they think the guy has it coming or can't be arsed because they're too busy posting on a forum with other history nerds and tanks/airplanes/warships/firearms enthusiasts.