Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Is it really that hard for them to scale Pedersen's design?

FFS the man WORKED FOR REMINGTON..

Meanwhile they are closing their plant near me.  Not selling my Remingtons, but not planning on buying any -new- remmys either.

Is it really that hard for them to scale Pedersen's design?

FFS the man WORKED FOR REMINGTON..

Meanwhile they are closing their plant near me.  Not selling my Remingtons, but not planning on buying any -new- remmys either.

I thought you didn't buy new guns in general?

Talibans armed with #US M4 carbine and M249 light machine gun. #Afghanistan

#Tactiliban?

Cp6jqcwWEAEx7pj.jpg

#Afghanistan #ANA SOF from 215th Corps Lashkar Gah

Cp2apUfWgAE_AOa.jpg

Cp2d60mXEAAtBZT.jpg

It is funny how Talibs have M4s and no tactikewl gear, while ANA is full of gear and almost all use AKs.

Wait, is he just complaining that it's not got a 6 o'clock barrel? I'm confused.

He's complaining that it's a MIM gun designed by clueless business execs and bitching that they didn't think to use a 6 o'clock barrel like Chiappa and didn't use an exposed hammer which is the "biggest advantage of a revolver"... All of which is wrong. The gun isn't MIM, it was designed by revolver True Believers at Kimber (including consultation from Grant Cunningham), they did consider using a 6 o'clock barrel but rejected it as it would complicate the lockwork and make it less reliable, and as for the bitch about the hammer A.) He's never fired the K6S, and I have, so he doesn't know that it has a very good double action trigger that's capable of reliable small plate shots at 15 yards and B.) they chose not to go with a hammer to help make the bore axis lower, you know, like YM's pet Chiappa!

So basically, he's bitching about things that exist only in his head.

Anyway, everybody take screenshots, because this is probably the only time you'll ever see me defending Kimber...

This is a public service announcement:

Why is it a PSA? Because Chris Baker is an extremely reliable source on handguns for self defense... But as this video shows, even he can shill. When he talks about all the awesome features the WC 92GC has and how unnecessary they are, you're not hearing "I really just need a Glock 19", you're hearing "this gun is amazing and badass". To Chris's credit, he does a phenomenal job selling this pistol.

But let's all remember that even the best gun reviewers can get a little too excited about a product sometimes.

And that includes me.