Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

FAMAS takedown:

Contrary to colli's belief, it looks like they do use a steel locking shoulder.

I've seen high-res takedown pics, and yes, there is definitely a steel locking fulcrum for the lever to act against.

What surprises me is that this steel fulcrum is set into an aluminum receiver.  All that force has to be transmitted through something, and I'm surprised that aluminum was found to be a suitable material for that.  Its fatigue properties are, after all, drastically inferior to steel's.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/68/lid/1664/

Springfield Armory Model 1903 Semi-Automatic Conversion Prototype Rifle:

"This is a very rare example of a post-WWI Springfield Armory prototype semi-automatic rifle. This rifle was manufactured at the same time that John Pedersen and John Garand were developing and experimenting with their early 1921/22 test rifles and it appears to be an alternate redesign using a standard Model 1903 rifle converted into a primer-initiated semiautomatic type rifle. This design was probably developed internally by Springfield Army as an alternate so they could use up the thousands of standard Springfield Model 1903 bolt action that were sitting in storage after World War I, much like the same logic as the post-Civil War conversions of percussion rifled muskets to allin conversions."

Hey! I saw Remington came out with a 10mm long slide 1911 clone for $1,300.

Small screen so I can't see the details but more 10mm handguns on the market, the better. Right?

It's also damn near Identical to the Para Ordnance version of the same pistol, and Para Ordnance happens to be owned by Remington....

Yeah. I saw some grumbling about the Para and this R1.

*Shrug*

A 10mm handgun is still way down my list of firearms "needs" at the moment. But it's nice to see more interest which means (maybe) more used Tens in the pawn shop/ used gun case for that time I do want one.

And yes I know that Glock has 10mm and they're relatively inexpensive and reliable!!!

Yeah. I saw some grumbling about the Para and this R1.

*Shrug*

A 10mm handgun is still way down my list of firearms "needs" at the moment. But it's nice to see more interest which means (maybe) more used Tens in the pawn shop/ used gun case for that time I do want one.

And yes I know that Glock has 10mm and they're relatively inexpensive and reliable!!!

They also have double or at least close to double the magazine capacity of 1911A1 based 10mms and still have a long slide, and have optic plates!

And a barrel feed ramp style that allows you to use full strength loads.

And speaking of barrles, they make 9x25mm Dillon 6" drop in barrels for Glocks so you too can be the ultimate cartridge hipster.

Also, if you actually wanted a cheap 10mm, I had a Delta Elite up until last year, you missed out, a raod trip to (close to) Tacoma can't be THAT bad can it?