Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Are they any good?

I don't know.  I don't think they ever sold in large enough numbers to garner any type of reputation, good or bad.

This video has about as much information as I've seen anywhere:

It has a number of clever features.  I'm surprised that the foregrip-as-charging-handle hasn't been copied more, given how much designers agonize over making low-profile charging handles for PDWs (see the uncomfortable compromises on both the P90 and MP-7).  One thing I'm not a big fan of is the open bolt operation, of course.

I find it amusing how they have fancy AKs and kinda passable uniforms, but then only have ratty shoes and sandals on. I'd imagine some nice boots would be useful to have, but perhaps boots are hard to come by over there.

They're probably not carrying too much weight (I can't imagine that full packs are part of their kit) so they just slap on whatever comfortable shoes they have lying around.

I also suspect that they buy their own kit to a certain extent, so you can imagine the process: $$$ on gun, $ on protection/camo and whatever's left on everything else.

Hey Bel, can you source that image for me? I am "working" (long term) on a post about the Blyskawica, and it would be a fabulous addition.

(Photographer - Wiesław Chrzanowski )

(Colorized by Marina Amaral from Brazil)

Source: WWII Colorized Photos Facebook Group.

WFF134-Z-O5-L.jpg

How does the ATF even classify original style Gatling Guns? I mean yeah, you can get a really high rate of fire out of them for a weapon of the time period, but they're still technically not fully automatic.