Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Crozier was such a dickweed.

Source: the New York Times, General Wood, The Secretary of War, Winchester, Remington, Congress, The House Military Committee, and presumably every American who went into battle with a Chauchat.

The best part must have been when Crozier called Lewis out for being greedy/a profiteer... and then he sent the USA millions of dollars back as promised.

Oh, or when the board of inquiry regarding Lewis essentially told Crozier "motherfucker, you called us together because he doesn't like you? What kind of grade school bullshit is this?"

New handgun from TsNIITochMash. Try saying that 3 times fast...

Anyhow, upgraded version of the Vektor that fires 9x21 AP ammo.

http://www.janes.com/article/63645/army-2016-tsniitochmash-unveils-sr-1mp-pistol-for-special-forces

That would be this rather silly looking contraption:

bc53e45758404cd530c2508057e65c8b.jpg

I'm not sure if the rail is standard.

There isn't much solid information about this weapon out there.  There was this bad article recently.

Mechanically it's nothing special.  Short-recoil operated, like everything else, the slide is locked to the barrel by a swinging lock, rather like a Beretta 92 or P-38.  The slide looks like it rides both outside and inside the frame, an oddity it shares with the KK PL-14/PL-25.  The frame appears to have a metal sub-frame co-molded into a polymer grip.  Magazines are two column, two position feed, which is a superior design rare in the West, but nearly standard practice for Russian designs (see, GSh-18, Stechkin APS, MP-443).

The high power ammunition is interesting, but I really can't take this pistol seriously.  How many years has it been, and they've added silly rails and silencers and whatnot, but they still can't manage to put an external slide catch on it?

Saudi soldier with... something.

M249 para version.

Crozier was such a dickweed.

Source: the New York Times, General Wood, The Secretary of War, Winchester, Remington, Congress, The House Military Committee, and presumably every American who went into battle with a Chauchat.

The best part must have been when Crozier called Lewis out for being greedy/a profiteer... and then he sent the USA millions of dollars back as promised.

Oh, or when the board of inquiry regarding Lewis essentially told Crozier "motherfucker, you called us together because he doesn't like you? What kind of grade school bullshit is this?"

Yeah, Crozier has become kind of notorious for being a cunt.

Saudi soldier with... something.

27114941090_bef586ed3b_o.jpg

That would be this rather silly looking contraption:

bc53e45758404cd530c2508057e65c8b.jpg

I'm not sure if the rail is standard.

There isn't much solid information about this weapon out there.  There was this bad article recently.

Mechanically it's nothing special.  Short-recoil operated, like everything else, the slide is locked to the barrel by a swinging lock, rather like a Beretta 92 or P-38.  The slide looks like it rides both outside and inside the frame, an oddity it shares with the KK PL-14/PL-25.  The frame appears to have a metal sub-frame co-molded into a polymer grip.  Magazines are two column, two position feed, which is a superior design rare in the West, but nearly standard practice for Russian designs (see, GSh-18, Stechkin APS, MP-443).

The high power ammunition is interesting, but I really can't take this pistol seriously.  How many years has it been, and they've added silly rails and silencers and whatnot, but they still can't manage to put an external slide catch on it?

M249 para version.

Yes M249 para and what looks like a Makarov with a terrible STD....

Went to a gun show today. Almost bought a Steyr 1895 for $175. It was pretty beat up, and I assume it had problems for that price. Still kicking myself for not getting it. Though I did get about 30 rounds of ammo for my Argentine including clips for $15.

Is it me, or are prices going to drop out on the Garands? It's always funny because any time I pass by a table with a Garand, the dude is usually shit-talking CMP ones as hard as he can to validate that $1,600 H&R he's got.