Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Bullpup PKP is one of the few conversions that I can actually understand. It makes sense to move the center of mass closer to the shooter to help with aiming/shooting from a standing position, at least in theory.

The question for me is whether or not the angle on the belt might cause feeding issues.

Kinda late to the party on this one, but it looks like "donated" Georgian gear is being put to use over a decade later:

Screenshot-20220201-101135.png

20220201-101415.jpg
20220201-101419.png

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1447654027995533312?t=GnJT1XPm6_olDcDaNCQnhQ&s=19

4 hours ago, ADC411 said:

Bullpup PKP is one of the few conversions that I can actually understand. It makes sense to move the center of mass closer to the shooter to help with aiming/shooting from a standing position, at least in theory.

The question for me is whether or not the angle on the belt might cause feeding issues.

Spoiler

Kinda late to the party on this one, but it looks like "donated" Georgian gear is being put to use over a decade later:

Screenshot-20220201-101135.png

20220201-101415.jpg
20220201-101419.png

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1447654027995533312?t=GnJT1XPm6_olDcDaNCQnhQ&s=19

Bullpup conversion was done by FSB SF unit to just simply cut leight of the weapon, so it is easier to work with inside of vehicles and buildings, as that is what they work with rather frequently. No info on feeding problems that i saw.

1 hour ago, harrier4484 said:

I would argue that Sub .50 Cal Rifles are useless for anything but Niche Roles.  The USCG investigated the .50 cal Beowulf and the .499 LWRC and found them not up to task.

Well, taking into account that none ASh-12/ShAK-12 were spotted in actual operations of FSB SF, i can say that they didn't liked it as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 11:42 PM, LoooSeR said:

DMRs of VDV troopers that were going to Ukraine.

Hide contents

Very interesting to see. That's an older variant of the Kahles K312 scope but it's still a very nice optic. Those scope caps look very pragmatically attached.

What is that scope that is fifth from the bottom in the group photo? On the gun with the black handguard and the folding stock.