Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

LoooSeR, are those guys civilians in a competition or some kind of paramilitary type group?

Is it possible to obtain those kinds of firearms in Russia? I only know one guy in Russia who owns firearms, and he said he has owned a shotgun for a while but is still in some kind of long waiting period to get a rifle.

LoooSeR, are those guys civilians in a competition or some kind of paramilitary type group?

Is it possible to obtain those kinds of firearms in Russia? I only know one guy in Russia who owns firearms, and he said he has owned a shotgun for a while but is still in some kind of long waiting period to get a rifle.

:D  Those people are our SFs. On several photos you can see a soldier of the FSB Directorate A team (better known as "Alpha" team). Others are from different units - including police and internal troops.  

Album is called "Open interdepartmental competitions in shooting from combat weapons among employees of special forces in memory of officer of SOBR "Lynx" TsSN CP of MVD police captain O. Malochuev."

Even callsign are blurred. FSB soldier.

soXNcbIg3Lk.jpg

XIzqkIRgR8U.jpg

Police SF unit "Lynx"

ewl45iSwhEI.jpg

aEZDdC4jCcU.jpg

7ZXVjzo1bR0.jpg

rDqWBGu9i3s.jpg

bcXXzERrHA0.jpg

wghZrdi-0FA.jpg

v4YZCAy9L9Q.jpg

Interesting. Pretty neat to see SF guys involved in such a competition.

They are only one who participate in those competitions, because they were organised exactly for them.

For example in my city (actually not in it, but very close - in Pesochnaya "village"/small town) our regional FSB department and local FSB SF team ("Grad") organise interesting competition with realistic challenges for individuals and for team as whole. My uncle's home is in this village, and shooting sounds can be heard from his backyard pretty well. 

Awesome! It would be very cool to see that in person.

Amount of "outsiders" is very limited during those events. For example Konstantin Lazarev and Vitaliy Kuzmin - well-known photographers are allowed there, but others...

BTW, Grad unit done one operation not far from my home 2 years ago. 

z1TQlrev-Sk.jpg

Those yellow houses are located on the end of my street, lol. They catched one recruiter for islamists. Another operation happened year ago, against recruiters of dummies for Syrian war.

I think this is Malutka ATGM controls unit. Early ATGMs were guided by a guy with joystick.

EDIT: I am stupid, this is PM-63 or something similar, IIRC

No worries man. I get a two-fer!

Its a PM-63

nifty little Polish machine pistol, still used today, very reliable  and a blast to shoot 

Interesting. It looks like the Commie equivalent of the Uzi. How does it compare?

Uzi is more like a actual sub-machine gun, PM is like a automatic pistol 

and boy does it handle like one, simple sights my small slav brain can understand, and the manageable 9mm recoil, it goes through magazines fast though, 25/20 rounders are alot less common then 15 ones

its a good piece, surprisingly well made, as with most rare sub-machine guns/machine pistols, the magazines run you alot more than the actual gun itself 

I've only ever examined the constituent part of a PM-63, but not fired one.  It's a little quirky.

It's got an external, reciprocating slide like a big pistol, instead of having all the moving stuff inside a receiver like most SMGs.  It makes it a little harder to get a good sight picture, since you can clonk yourself in the face with the slide.  On the flip side, the PM-63 is really light and really small.

It fires from an open bolt, which is anathema to me and to all right-thinking people (in the picture above you can tell the guy is just hamming it up for the camera; his weapon isn't even cocked).  The ejector is located in the magazine for some bizarre reason.

The stock and folding foregrip are a bit flimsy as well.

The slide has this built-in spoon-shaped compensator that also keeps your hand from wandering in front of the muzzle.  In pictures of it you aren't seeing the muzzle, that's just the compensator.  Also, an ungodly amount of machining went into making those things.  There's basically no stamped parts.

Excellent concept, imperfect execution.

The Poles' next SMG, PM-84, was very uzi-esque:

PM84P_Glauberyt.jpg

But it GODDAMN FIRES FROM A CLOSED BOLT, so it's OK with me.  They have some follow-on versions that have a new stock and rails and shit, but they're basically the same thing underneath.

would'ya look at all that content

DrudV8a.jpg

DmmfYQQ.jpg

A rare MKB-42(H) and... did they just take the pistol grips off of those VZ-58s to make them into parade rifles?