Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Mine weighs 8 pounds even, but I did cut a bit of the barrel off.

But yes, I don't know what the deal is with Miles. He was an 03 field infantry Marine who has seen some pretty heavy shit so I guess I assumed he would acclimate to whatever we shot. While he doesn't seem to be able to handle full auto well, he is a very good shot.

Some people just don't, for whatever reason. I've seen big muscly bodybuilder types shrink away from .45 caliber SMGs, and then I've seen a 120lb lady run a Vz. 58 like a champ.

Because running FA competently, is a skill, not a talent.

There is a full-auto 1911A1 video on Youtube that has a few seconds of my shooting it. I was one of the very very few who managed to keep the whole mag on target. There was an early NFA rag that had some pics of me shooting a MkII BREN off the shoulder while wearing some Limey camo and webbing (back when my back was good, and my Gov surplus knee was not prone to making odd clicks and pops).

Anyhoo~

A great deal of my work was "Make sure the pig works". Which meant lots of shooting FA stuff, including a lot of things that had bad reps. (Early M1918 BAR's for example, or select fire FAL's.) When you are being paid to shoot FA, and the ammo is basically unlimited, you learn how to keep the muzzle down and the shots on paper.  After a while I was firing a M1918 offhand on semi, just to show how retardedly accurate they could be if you practiced follow-through.

Some people just don't, for whatever reason. I've seen big muscly bodybuilder types shrink away from .45 caliber SMGs, and then I've seen a 120lb lady run a Vz. 58 like a champ.

Usually seems to be a center-of-balance sort of deal, and sort of knowing which parts of your body absorb shock the best, kind of like a worker who can use all parts of their body to lift and hold heavy objectives without necessarily being all that physically strong. Center of gravity is a big thing as well. It's why a lot of shorter guys are good at hand-to-hand martial arts type stuff. A different build can have a different balance. That's just observance more than anything, though. I've only ever fired two different FA guns in my life.

I am 6'4" tall (1.94 meters) so my center of gravity is high as hell. Also I weigh in at 175 pounds (79 kg) so I don't have any mass to absorb much recoil. I do believe Meplat is right in that it is an experience thing

Yup, and some people learn faster than others. Not to toot my own horn, but I do pretty well on FA I think, and I shoot it infrequently.

Very cool video with Chelyabinsk SF. Everything in this video is full-auto, lol.

Even pistols.

FWea3Mv.jpg

APS STRNG

4ar4MP8.jpg

6zvCwGz.jpg

0LyOOcA.jpg

Full auto AKs with drum mags and tracers

C86PeTe.jpg

VSygZfg.jpg

Some SF soldier and gear pron

xTsxYEW.jpg

W3rrmYe.jpg

ooftnZF.jpg

How about shooting guns Equilibrium-style?

wN5KGIl.jpg

UyBwVDs.jpg

UBtWY7Z.jpg

zOMjgx7.jpg

PSun13U.jpg

Firing full-auto from a "car".

WSLML8Q.jpg

mTCgjDy.jpg

:)

xoMIUCv.jpg

ZmnI6AR.jpg

Deflector?

JtN0Jhw.jpg

4uLQ5od.jpg

EZsNFOC.jpg

Product placement!

SBS63Fj.jpg

Jo2oORB.jpg

L0qTSYK.jpg

So Nathaniel has pissed off 52,000 Kel-Tec fanboys (which is apparently a thing):

f20xgk.jpg

Also, the most frustrating thing about youtube is that if I sit on camera and just talk about nonsense, it gets exponentially more views than a well done, labor intensive video like the FNC one. The "Guns We Don't Like" launched few days back and its views in realtime are still greater than the FNC video from yesterday. I have no idea why this is (and it isn't the presence of special guests, as it happens for every commentary video):

2i6f8g5.jpg

Any "Best Of" of "Worst Of" list will beat in views a piece on a - lest face it - somewhat obscure Belgian rifle. Unless you absolutely trashed it doing stupid shit and caused the plastic to catch fire, barrel melt and the bolt to explode and embed itself in the cameraman's scrotum.

Ugh.

Next on TFBTV: 5 Secrets Gun Companies Don't Want You To Know! Featuring Buzzfeed Author Hipster Mcgee!

Why not:

"NEXT! On TFBTV, We take some beat up, barely working (well, less so then then usual anyway) examples of the INSAS, SA-80, G36, Bushmaster ACR, and CZ-805, disassemble all of them completely, throw them into a mixed pile, and give some random abducted gun show personalities 48 hours with some basic tools to make a decently functioning automatic rifle out of them or they and their family get deported to Guantanamo Bay for life! This weeks series premiere starring Nutnfancy!"

I would watch the shit out of that.

There is only one true man's weapon, and it isnt one of your Yankee Doodle Cow shoting hog rifles donward

Not on my watch, Commie!!!

For%20Men%20Only,%20April%201970,%20Earl

Note: You know this story is true because the attention to detail with Marlita holding the Browning's barrel with an insulating cloth and not her bare... erm... hand.