Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Pull the stocks, plop the whole thing in a bucket of mineral spirits.  Let it soak overnight at indoor temps.

Next day, brush the loose crud out, dunk and slosh a few times, then blow it dry with shop air (or canned air). If you're still getting crud out during the blow-dry, redunk and slosh.

Then once dry and clean, douche it with CLP and work the action a few times. Then blow off the excess.  Do the same process with any mags too.

This trick has "fixed" a number of "broken" .22 auto pistols. 

Any reason to use my new air compressor (another gift from gramps) is a good idea. It's mostly seen action blowing moths away from the workbench light.

So yeah, instead of short fat midget rifle, I honestly now do want a Makarov PMM for coolness factor.

....Someone point out the nearest location of one that actually managed to be imported.

One MVD SF guy (Karden) actually liked this gun.

Egypt, Beretta ARX-100 (?)

4hjNKM5k9Ik.jpg

JgqF8BrMUXY.jpg

MV4milCNQUA.jpg

The BHP is one of the most comfortable double-stack pistols I have shot. I like the 1911 OK, too, but it's single stack and grip and mainspring housing dependent. I like the flat mainspring housings way better. Dunno where you're getting that the 1911 has less recoil.

More mass.  In .45 ACP the 1911 is a skosh heavier than the GP-35. Making a 1911 in 9X19 means it has a touch more mass than the same piece in .45ACP.

With a 1911, in 9X19 that's mostly the barrel. You should quickly notice the difference when you take both versions out for some noisemaking.

Any reason to use my new air compressor (another gift from gramps) is a good idea. It's mostly seen action blowing moths away from the workbench light.

An air compressor and a couple big containers of plain old mineral spirits (paint thinner), maybe a few used toothbrushes or cheap chip/paintbrushes are some of the most useful tools you'll find for cleaning guns.

An air compressor and a couple big containers of plain old mineral spirits (paint thinner), maybe a few used toothbrushes or cheap chip/paintbrushes are some of the most useful tools you'll find for cleaning guns.

Also the best tools you can get for an emergency high.

One MVD SF guy (Karden) actually liked this gun.

Egypt, Beretta ARX-100 (?)

4hjNKM5k9Ik.jpg

ARX-160, in 7.62x39mm.  Kazakhstan's special forces use the same.

Mve7tfLX9YE.jpg

MbU2q5bttDk.jpg

How stable can that sight mount be?  It looks to be mounted right on the machinery cover.

mrNZ5YhFOTE.jpg

Gfqm4jeTqmY.jpg

3WE3Qwo9hts.jpg

hQ3zVzV2CoI.jpg

Kashtan SMG, lol.

p2EQRURqCyc.jpg

Russian submachine gun party!  I see PP-2000, AEK-919 and Vityaz.

More mass.  In .45 ACP the 1911 is a skosh heavier than the GP-35. Making a 1911 in 9X19 means it has a touch more mass than the same piece in .45ACP.

With a 1911, in 9X19 that's mostly the barrel. You should quickly notice the difference when you take both versions out for some noisemaking.

I guess that's true. The 1911 is pretty piggish.

So, there is a post that claims that Larry Vickers got a chance in Russia to take a close look at the AK-74 modernizing upgrades planned for the Russian Army.

This is the first prototype and some items have already been changed or tweaked such as the muzzle device

The rail that mounts over the gas tube locks up pretty tight

The whole kit is designed so it is easily (relatively speaking) installed at the Unit armorer level

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to1_540.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to8_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to10_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to6_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to4_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to5_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu3649o1O61qdzr9to7_r1_1280.jpg

I always liked the ergonomics of the 1911. But then again I don't have "small hands" and am 6'2" and ruggedly handsome, all of which matter when discussing handgun usage.

Sure it is functionally obsolete. But at least you don't have to be stuck these days only firing .45 ACP anymore

Finally found a nice No. 4 MK1 at a good price! Very much looking forward to shooting it.

2czvd7b.jpg

That's a fine looking Enfield. Liking the matching bayonet frog and sling.

Now you just need some bandos and some proper webgear.

I always liked the ergonomics of the 1911. But then again I don't have "small hands" and am 6'2" and ruggedly handsome, all of which matter when discussing handgun usage.

Sure it is functionally obsolete. But at least you don't have to be stuck these days only firing .45 ACP anymore

I just scored a bunch of .45 auto rim, since you mentioned "obsolete"...