Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

7yXCHQB.jpg

Syria. What is that bullpup rifle?

Stock doesnt look right for a FAMAS/

Edit: mebbe a croatian VHS?

http://world.guns.ru/assault/hr/vhs-e.html

Bele has it; definitely a VHS.  It has the G-36 style charging handle, FAMAS has a trigger-shaped charging handle.

Also, this is not the first time the VHS has shown up in odd parts of the world.  FAMAS isn't even manufactured anymore.

AR-15 with Zenit-made laser pointer "Perst-3"

a0EssCQVJos.jpg

This is rifle of that fella:

hF0RlMWiCzI.jpg

LoooSeR, have you by any chance seen pictures of the internals of these AR-15s?  They do not have gas vent holes on the bolt carriers, so they must be piston guns of some sort.

I am very curious what sort of gas piston AR-15s are used in Russia.

LoooSeR, have you by any chance seen pictures of the internals of these AR-15s?  They do not have gas vent holes on the bolt carriers, so they must be piston guns of some sort.

I've heard of civilian HKs being 'procured' in Europe.

I just figured they were making their own.  Not like you cannot find plans on the 'net, and the forging/heat treat processes for the upper and lower should be old hat for Russian manufacturing.

A confortable grip that ends in a shitty trigger is still a shitty grip Nathan

Heh, that's actually what my girlfriend said, more or less, and I agree. The 1911's grip is very forgivable because its trigger is so nice. Now, I wouldn't change a thing about the Glock's trigger, because it's meant to be carried and be safe, and it's still very fast to shoot, if not as precise, but the 1911 is alllllmost ideal for what it was designed for (one handed bullseye-type shooting).

Here is a link to a magazine article from 1941 on the Reising Submachine gun in case anyone is interested.  

I forgot that they chambered some Reisings in .30 carbine.

Yes please!

Also per Walter's linked article.

The .45 caliber bullet leaves the muzzle at a velocity of 900 feet a second. Velocity and the bullet size both figure in the hitting force and penetrating power. Rifle and carbine bullets tend to drill a clean hole through a man, and he may continue to advance for some yards after being struck in certain parts of his body. The .45 caliber slug, on the other hand, will almost always knock a man down or spin him around—a valuable asset in close-up fighting where it is necessary to disable the other fellow before he can get you.

Yes. But the Reising is such a cool looking gun. And it's cool looking to me for reasons that I can't really articulate. It is like the Jaguar XKE of submachine guns. Cooling looking matters when you're talking about military effectiveness, right? It gives a -1 to morale for any opposing forces facing a Reising gunner.

The best thing about .45 ACP is that you can earn a senior citizens discount coupon to the Old Country Buffet for every ten boxes you buy.

The trigger's perfect for what it was designed for, but it's not as nice a range trigger as what my 1911 has.

There's a difference between "not as nice as an M1911A1's Trigger" and "Being shitty" however.

Hi-Point-C9_001.jpg

(I'm sure I could list some more pocket pistols that have worse triggers like the Kel-Tec P11, but eh.)

And yes, I'll flat out say the designs I've tried from them such as the P30 and HK45 have triggers that genuinely do feel like they belong on a Kel-Tec.

The P30's trigger, and the VP9's trigger both are not as good as their fans say. I actually am intending to not give the VP9/VP40 a very good review because I feel their triggers compromise their safety characteristics.

Can't we agree that the triggers on DA only striker fired polymer guns all suck?

*Laughs maniacally*

They're ideal triggers for the job, they're just not what you want for bullseye shooting at the range, or IPSC.