Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, VPZ said:

 

Yes, just like Namer.

We don't know that one for sure yet. The turret for the Namer and Eitan may well utilize elements from, if not the full Trophy Lite. 

After all, the whole purpose of Trophy Lite is to fit on a medium turret.

The Trophy HV also did not go without changes, and the marketing could definitely shift, by 2020, to the following:

  • Trophy HV - Full spectrum defeat incl. KE.
  • Trophy Lite - Anti-SC.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

We don't know that one for sure yet. The turret for the Namer and Eitan may well utilize elements from, if not the full Trophy Lite. 

After all, the whole purpose of Trophy Lite is to fit on a medium turret.

The Trophy HV also did not go without changes, and the marketing could definitely shift, by 2020, to the following:

  • Trophy HV - Full spectrum defeat incl. KE.
  • Trophy Lite - Anti-SC.

 

But we have already seen turret for Namer. Eitan has to have the same turret.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, VPZ said:

 

But we have already seen turret for Namer. Eitan has to have the same turret.

Yeah, I meant the Eitan and Namer have the same turret, but their Trophy version is not yet fully known. You told MRose that the Trophy Lite (offered for the Stryker) is not the one used on the Namer/Eitan's turret.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Yeah, I meant the Eitan and Namer have the same turret, but their Trophy version is not yet fully known. You told MRose that the Trophy Lite (offered for the Stryker) is not the one used on the Namer/Eitan's turret.

 

But what about Namer (with turret)? We've already seen it - it has Trophy-HV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

The Trophy HV also did not go without changes, and the marketing could definitely shift, by 2020, to the following:

  • Trophy HV - Full spectrum defeat incl. KE.

 

Don't really see how that's possible without changing the projectile (and launchers).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MRose said:

Also a little surprised Israel hasn't bothered to market the turret. I'd imagine there'd be a great amount of interest from Eastern Europe.

The turret is a unique development by the Israeli MoD, thus not offered for export unless SIBAT sees it fit. However selling such turret in a G2G deal is unattractive, especially when the market is so saturated.

 

RAFAEL is marketing a very similar turret named Samson 2, and is currently pushing it in Australia and already selling it in Europe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The US is very happy with the Israeli APSes, and Israel now has to locate production in the US. The Israelis didn't want to rush the Carmel and I guess decided to shift away from requirements based because of how many fuck-ups and they actually have to field something now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 'metals' may not be the same, but it is definitely possible there will be a lot of commonality between the Kaliya (Carmel program has ended), and the OMFV (what people previously referred to as the NGCV).

 

I even posted in this thread that Elbit has an interest in becoming a major systems supplier for the OMFV, and Elbit's CEO specifically referred to technologies they're developing for the Carmel project. 

They are the most likely company to win the soon-ending contest to design a cockpit, which is where all the vehicle's electronics converge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...