Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Saudi Arabia to begin operations in Yemen

Priory_of_Sion

Enough is enough FFS.....Somebody needs to take these ***** out!  :angry:

Here's the Beeb's take for what it's worth:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45128367

The coalition, which is backing Yemen's government in a war with the Houthis, said its actions were "legitimate".

Thoroughly disgusted TBH.  :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The coalition look very strung out along the coast.....Do you think the Houthis may be planning a counterattack, or are they truly on the way to defeat?

IDK. My view is that Hodeida is important for Houthis because they can get big shipments of supplies, especially non-military. I am also not sure if Houthis can orginze counter-attack as their forces are essentially light infantry with very little AFV cover (fuel shortage is serious problem for them).

Houthis attacked Saudi army defensive positions near Al-Tuwal, Jizan-Hajjah border. M2 Bradley and 5 M113 were destroyed.

Dl1I2QnX4AYf6NA.jpg

Spoiler

Dl1I3rmW4Acjv5M.jpg

Dl1I4o-XoAAh3yn.jpg

Dl1JRAEW0AIM_MJ.jpg

Houthi showed wreckage of downed Saudi CH-4B Armed Drone near Tuwal border crossing.

Dl2Qz6PW0AEusZ1.jpg

Spoiler

Dl2Q003X4AUWBaE.jpg

Dl2Q1_LX0AAYAlS.jpg

Dl2Q3RBW4AATFWF.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Houthis and part of Yemeni army supporting them conducting operations in Jizan province of SA. Recently they managed to capture new South Korean ATGM Raybolt from Saudi positions, but now they are doing recreation of their operations from 2015/early 2016 and mobility killed M1A2S, killing crew and capturing tank, with working engine. As always, they burned it down as it Abrams is kind of pain in the ass to work with for them.